Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been smoking a pack and a half for almost two years. When I started vaping, the highest i've ever been is 24mg nic. How is it even possible to chain vape 36mg, without getting sick? I have no idea how to even stop it, but that sounds really dangerous.

As far as the cloud chasers go. If you wanna blow big clouds... fine. I do it occasionally when i'm in the privacy of my own home, but never in public. Doing it in public is disruptive at best. Besides for the safety problems regarding the battery, It makes us as a whole look very bad to the non vapers out there. I would say we need to spread the message and teach people about ohm's law and battery safety, but in my experience the people who need to know the most are the very people who refuse to sit down and take the time to understand what they are holding in their hand.

Very Well Put SingedVapor.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
I've been smoking a pack and a half for almost two years. When I started vaping, the highest i've ever been is 24mg nic. How is it even possible to chain vape 36mg, without getting sick?

It seems apparent that, especially when you remove tobacco from the delivery equation, different people have a wide range of tolerances and reactions to nicotine. I've never smoked a pack of cigarettes in one day in my life (my average was about 12 a day for 25 years), but I only vape 24mg and I don't find it mind-altering at all. On the other hand, I've heard other people who were multiple PAD smokers say they weren't able to handle any e-liquid above 12mg without getting violently ill. You just have to listen to your body and figure out what's best for your individual case.

I have no idea how to even stop it, but that sounds really dangerous.

No, not really. Your body tells you in no uncertain terms (in the form of nausea, headache, and dizziness) when it's time to take a break, and if you keep going anyway, the worst that's going to happen is that you puke your guts out. There's not any evidence that it's even possible to cause acute short-term injury solely by inhaling nicotine, because the body's defense mechanisms won't allow it.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It seems apparent that, especially when you remove tobacco from the delivery equation, different people have a wide range of tolerances and reactions to nicotine. I've never smoked a pack of cigarettes in one day in my life (my average was about 12 a day for 25 years), but I only vape 24mg and I don't find it mind-altering at all. On the other hand, I've heard other people who were multiple PAD smokers say they weren't able to handle any e-liquid above 12mg without getting violently ill. You just have to listen to your body and figure out what's best for your individual case.
What really shocked me is that apparently some people get some kind of buzz from nicotine.
I never got any kind of buzz from nicotine whatsoever.

I did get a slight buzz from my first morning cigarette, but that was most like from oxygen deprivation due to carbon monoxide.
I have certainly never gotten that buzz, nor any buzz of any kind, from my electronic cigarettes.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
What really shocked me is that apparently some people get some kind of buzz from nicotine.
I never got any kind of buzz from nicotine whatsoever.

I did get a slight buzz from my first morning cigarette, but that was most like from oxygen deprivation due to carbon monoxide.
I have certainly never gotten that buzz, nor any buzz of any kind, from my electronic cigarettes.

Same here. I get the same kind of mild stimulant effect from vaping (as I did previously with smoking) that I would from drinking a cup of coffee, but I've never experienced this "nicotine buzz" phenomenon that I often hear other people talk about.

Edit: Also, I don't vape 24mg because it gives me any added psychotropic effect, I just find the throat hit more satisfying.

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I really want to thank you all for your educated opinions.
I have to admit. I never thought my little rant would draw this much attention.
With all the FDA regulations coming to light. You restore my faith in vapors.

As for the cloud chasers in the shop. I spoke with the president and CEO about it today.

Just trying to find a polite way to let em know enough is enough.

My problem is. I used to wear a badge and uniform. I never learned how to be polite. Just straight forward.
He actually got the chance to see what was going on. Ask me why it was so hazy in the shop.
Just told him. "Cloud chasers". He got the picture real quick.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
My problem is. I used to wear a badge and uniform. I never learned how to be polite. Just straight forward.
He actually got the chance to see what was going on. Ask me why it was so hazy in the shop.
Just told him. "Cloud chasers". He got the picture real quick.

I find it off-putting when I go into a small vape shop and there are a dozen 20 year old kids just standing/sitting around doing nothing in particular but puffing away and blowing clouds everywhere. They're not there because they're buying something or have any specific business to which to attend, they're just kind of....there. You can't browse through the shop without repeatedly having to ask some oblivious kid to get out of your way, they congregate around the register and have to be told to move when a customer actually wants to buy something, and the weirdest thing is, they don't even seem to converse among themselves. They just kind of shuffle around the place puffing on their mods and staring at the floor. They don't even look like they're enjoying themselves; they seem to just have blank, indifferent expressions. When they do say something to one another, it's a one-sentence exchange about what kind of coil they have of what strength/flavor of liquid they're vaping. I think it would be great if the phenomenon of local vape shops/lounges gave birth to a new type of café culture, where a diverse collection of people sharing one common interest could come together to interact and exchange ideas on all manner of topics; instead, they increasingly seem to be places where empty-headed post-adolescents just kind of sit around looking dumb.

I'm finding scenes like this to be more and more common when I go to one of the local B&Ms, and frankly, it makes me more inclined to just make all my purchases online. It makes me feel especially bad for people who are in late middle-age or senior citizens, who want to quit smoking and show up at a local vape shop looking for information and guidance on how to go about it. If my first exposure to vaping culture consisted of walking into a hazy room full of vapid-looking teenagers milling around doing nothing in particular, it might be enough to dissuade me from investigating it any further.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
This, To Me, is Hard Not to Agree With.

I worked with an Organization who was Crafting and e-Cigarette Use Policy. I was chosen because I was an Ex-Smoker who Now used e-Cigarette. And had Ties to the Company thru one of the Department Managers.

I spent about 2 Months Providing Information, Answering Question, Writing Recommendations, Giving Oral Presentations, etc. Things were going Great. Better than I Expected.

Then the "Incident" Occurred.

Somewhat Out of the Blue, an Employee decided that they should be Able to Vape at their Desk. And made a Huge Scene about it. It Culminated with some Yelling that "This Isn't Illegal. I have Rights. You Can't Stop my from Doing It!".

I when I was told about it, I watch Hours after Hours of Work slip thru my Fingers like Sand on the Beach. I was back to Square One. But this Time, I was Starting with Off with One Strike Against me.

In the End, an OK policy was Reached. But I know that it would have been Much Better if One Person Actions Hadn't Occurred.

And the Irony of it is the Employee who Made the Scene was Let Go for Non e-Cigarette Related Issues.
I feel your pain!! Unfortunately I do not feel we will have such good results in Harlingen,Texas.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I find it off-putting when I go into a small vape shop and there are a dozen 20 year old kids just standing/sitting around doing nothing in particular but puffing away and blowing clouds everywhere. They're not there because they're buying something or have any specific business to which to attend, they're just kind of....there. You can't browse through the shop without repeatedly having to ask some oblivious kid to get out of your way, they congregate around the register and have to be told to move when a customer actually wants to buy something, and the weirdest thing is, they don't even seem to converse among themselves. They just kind of shuffle around the place puffing on their mods and staring at the floor. They don't even look like they're enjoying themselves; they seem to just have blank, indifferent expressions. When they do say something to one another, it's a one-sentence exchange about what kind of coil they have of what strength/flavor of liquid they're vaping. I think it would be great if the phenomenon of local vape shops/lounges gave birth to a new type of café culture, where a diverse collection of people sharing one common interest could come together to interact and exchange ideas on all manner of topics; instead, they increasingly seem to be places where empty-headed post-adolescents just kind of sit around looking dumb.

I'm finding scenes like this to be more and more common when I go to one of the local B&Ms, and frankly, it makes me more inclined to just make all my purchases online. It makes me feel especially bad for people who are in late middle-age or senior citizens, who want to quit smoking and show up at a local vape shop looking for information and guidance on how to go about it. If my first exposure to vaping culture consisted of walking into a hazy room full of vapid-looking teenagers milling around doing nothing in particular, it might be enough to dissuade me from investigating it any further.
If you haven't been there yet, check out Feels Good Vapor in Oceanside.
They have a really nice setup that can easily lend itself to developing into the kind of place you envision.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
If you haven't been there yet, check out Feels Good Vapor in Oceanside.
They have a really nice setup that can easily lend itself to developing into the kind of place you envision.

And that's what I pray our shop will be. Helpful, and not the rip tripper bunch. Big clouds. OMG.
I was suppose to sit in on the interview with him/her.
All I can say is ......................if you hire this d>>>><ss. it's on your back not mine.
But I got a feeling this old man will run his/her little 20 yr old but out of the shop.
I use to arrest people like this one. Don't think I won't do it again. WEG

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
With the two subsets of our population that aren't doing us any favors in terms of public perception (the cloud chasers on one hand, and the militant everywhere-vapers on the other), here's what I see as the main contributing factors:

1) The cloud chasers I've encountered tend to be very young; I'd peg the average at 20-21 and I'm certain I've never seen one over 25. When you're 20 you're still very much a kid, and kids get great enjoyment from doing things that outrage and horrify adults. If the average adult has a dubious view of e-cigs in general, then the obvious course of action is to walk around with a massive vaping device blowing obnoxiously huge clouds that earn you the dirty looks and consternation you so crave. Additionally, it's pertinent to note that if you put a group of young males together and give them an activity that can be turned into a phallus-measuring contest, that's exactly what they're going to turn it into. I freely admit that if I'd been born 20 years later, I'd probably be a cloud chaser too, and for these same reasons.

2) The militant everywhere-vapers are former smokers who still have a chip on their shoulder for all the years society spent turning them into social pariahs, and now they've found an avenue whereby they can, in their minds, get some measure of revenge for it. When you get right down to it, these people and their attitudes are an indirect byproduct of the last several decades of ANTZ propaganda campaigning, which succeeded in changing the popular consciousness to one in which smokers are perceived as contemptible, immoral, inconsiderate drug addicts who enjoy nothing more than poisoning innocent bystanders and small children whenever they get the opportunity. The resentment that smokers (and now certain ex-smokers) feel as a result is not at all unreasonable or unwarranted, but the members of the militant vape-everywhere crowd now think they're entitled to take that resentment out on the entire world around them, as though the scales of moral justice are somehow brought into better balance each time they blow vapor in someone's face "just because I can." Obviously, it's a misguided thought process, and one whose results reflect badly even on those of use who exercise courtesy and discretion when we vape in public, because people who dislike an activity are always more prone to base their entire opinion of that activity (and everyone who does it) on a worst-case scenario, which in this case is Mr. Militant Everywhere-Vaper. He just gives ammunition and affirmation to people who want to regard all e-cig users as slovenly bullies with no sense of social decorum.

OMG you hit the nail on the HEAD. If you know what I mean. Perfect commentary. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread