Extender Cap Mark Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
I don't see why not... I don't know if they have ever made a plain "silver" 2.5, everything I have seen in all versions either "satin silver" or "polished."

That's unusual for the difference in price. Just to be sure, you could always open a ticket and ask customer service if this is a mistake in their pricing and if the separate extension tube on the accessories page is in fact the matching one. I do see the extension cap for the other 2.5 on the Specials page (the polished silver) is only $12.95, I'm thinking it just might be an error. Customer service will usually get back to you on the same day, give it a shot.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Satin silver with cap added from accessories for $12.95 arrived and is a perfect match. So the $16.95 add on is a really a bit of a sneaky rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, It Is Not...

You got lucky on the matchy matchy.

The higher price is for a guaranteed matching cap.

I have seen both examples personally.

4 Bucks more... Is Money Well Spent in my book.

Jim

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
No, It Is Not...

You got lucky on the matchy matchy.

The higher price is for a guaranteed matching cap.

I have seen both examples personally.

4 Bucks more... Is Money Well Spent in my book.

Jim
Sorry Jim, but I'm not buying- it's the SAME finish, the SAME cap from the SAME bin. They don't make multiple versions of the silver cap. But if you want to pay more to support your fantasy, knock yourself out!

Reactions: gnees

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Sorry Jim, but I'm not buying- it's the SAME finish, the SAME cap from the SAME bin. They don't make multiple versions of the silver cap. But if you want to pay more to support your fantasy, knock yourself out!
Not Fantasy... Reality.

Let me explain.

Purchase extender cap separately... Pulled from bin (to use your example), and shipped to you.

Purchase a Matched Extender Cap... It is just that, Matched. Meaning someone with an eye for detail matches a cap to your mod.

Time = Money... Money I am willing to pay.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
gotta back AstroJim on this ... add the extended cap with purchase, it will match.

buy one from the accessories page ... it will be close, however, not an exact match.

example: the V1 Zombie ... the extended caps have the exact matching red splatter when bought with device (meaning, that cap is the exact cap for that ProVari).

buy one from the accessories page ... the paint splatter will not be an exact match.

apply this theory to all extended caps when ordering :cool:

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
gotta back AstroJim on this ... add the extended cap with purchase, it will match.

buy one from the accessories page ... it will be close, however, not an exact match.

example: the V1 Zombie ... the extended caps have the exact matching red splatter when bought with device (meaning, that cap is the exact cap for that ProVari).

buy one from the accessories page ... the paint splatter will not be an exact match.

apply this theory to all extended caps when ordering :cool:

I have to agree. I have a full size gmz, with an extension cap, perfect match. I also have a gmz mini, with no extension. The extension definitely doesn't match my mini! Close, but no cigar!

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Okey dokey...I guess you guys know from experience. I just can't picture them taking the time to root around looking for a perfect match. Maybe they use caps from the same production lot. But for the standard, uncomplicated colors, I think you'd be pretty safe ordering from accessories.

Reactions: chrisz

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Okey dokey...I guess you guys know from experience. I just can't picture them taking the time to root around looking for a perfect match. Maybe they use caps from the same production lot. But for the standard, uncomplicated colors, I think you'd be pretty safe ordering from accessories.

During one of their flash sales, I bought a bunch of end caps for several ProVaris I had neglected to buy when ordering ... None of them were an exact match ... even the Satin was a slight different color.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I just noticed that my two identical black Classics aren't actually identical.

I must have mixed up extension rings but there is a noticeable difference between the two finishes. One is definitely shinier than the other. It isn't blatent, but you can notice a different.

In any case, I thought that was weird. And no, it isn't from use. Both rings for 18650 have been stored since new....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread