External Links: Honoring the Policy we Agreed to when we decided to become a Forum Supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
We recently advertised a giveaway on Facebook and received a RULE REMINDER regarding external links. My appologies to ECF for breaking a rule.

Just a reminder - external links should be directed ONLY to Nicoticket.com and associated content (like our Blog). Links for other vendor offers should be saved for the appropriate forum. We've experienced this in the past where a conversation about this vendor or that product or service ensues and an individual "takes a stand" on this device or that. That vendor can't come to our forum and respond, or "defend" themselves so it's not fair to talk about them. Going forward the moderation team will be moderating out external links to vendors with whom we have no relationship - I hope you all understand the "WHY" - though - before there is some kind of forum panic! :)

Also note - all employees and representatives of Nicoticket are only allowed to post in the Nicoticket Forum - not the General eliquid forum, the New Members Forum. There's a HUGE forum - we'd encourage all of you to explore it and utilize it as a resource!! If the questions are specific to Nicoticket, they can always be brought to this forum.

Thanks everyone for understanding!~

~Clark

Last edited:

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
At the request of Nicoticket's Forum Supplier, Clark, following are the supplier rules in place in reference to the OP subject

Supplier/Supplier Associate

Supplier rules regarding external links

Suppliers with registered websites may not promote or post links to any other business or site than the one they have registered with ECF. Suppliers Offline, those with no registered website, may not promote or post any website links.
For all suppliers:
a) No promotion nor links to social media venues (ie: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
b) Posting affiliate links or tracking links is not allowed. No link is allowed that takes a visitor through a 3rd-party channel.

Re: Supplier/Supplier Associate posting restrictions

Suppliers may NOT discuss their business or products outside of their advertising thread(s) in the E Cigarette Suppliers Forum, or dedicated Forum Supplier forum (if applicable) , or Negative reviews of Suppliers Forum, or Commercial Ecigarette Reviews Forum.

Suppliers do not have access to post in :
• New Members Forum
• Reviews Forums with the exception of the Commercial Ecigarette Reviews Forum and the Negative Review of Suppliers Forum
• Classifieds Forum
• APV Discussion , Rebuildable Atomizer Systems, Vaping Hardware, Model Specific Forums and their corresponding subforums

Supplier courtesy rules with reference to other vendors
Suppliers cannot criticize other suppliers nor their products or service or prices within their advertising threads or anywhere on the open forum, whether they are ECF Suppliers or not . They can only promote their own products. They may not compare other suppliers' products (by exact name) unfavorably.

It is strictly forbidden for suppliers to post in the advertising thread(s) or dedicated forum of another supplier unless they have permission to do so. This means an invite by PM or email.

For members -Out of courtesy to Nicoticket, only Nicoticket should be discussed in their dedicated forum.The only links permitted are Nicoticket's website.
No external links to other vendors(whether registered on ECF or not ) nor discussion of their business/products should take place in Nicoticket's dedicated forum.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
If I can ask for some clarification on this subject please.

As an example, a member posts (here in the NT Sub) that the NT closure on their bottle
of NT eliquid fails.

Am I not allowed to post a link within the thread (here in the NT Sub) to a website that sells closures
that will mitigate the situation?
Is it required that I go to the General Eliquid Forum and open a new thread titled something
like "If your NT bottle closure fails" and then place the link within the body of that post in the GEL Sub.
It would then be acceptable to link from the NT Sub to the thread in the GEL Sub?
Thanks in advance.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
If I can ask for some clarification on this subject please.

As an example, a member posts (here in the NT Sub) that the NT closure on their bottle
of NT eliquid fails.

Am I not allowed to post a link within the thread (here in the NT Sub) to a website that sells closures
that will mitigate the situation?
Is it required that I go to the General Eliquid Forum and open a new thread titled something
like "If your NT bottle closure fails" and then place the link within the body of that post in the GEL Sub.
It would then be acceptable to link from the NT Sub to the thread in the GEL Sub?
Thanks in advance.

Great question!!

I think the whole thing is governed by common sense - it's not meant to be heavy handed.

We're do have a solution for a failed cap (which does happen!) - we can replace a cap, if needed. 9 times out of 10 it's just that there is moisture (juice) on the neck of the bottle and/or the cap has been overtightened and stripped out.

We're also ordering Nicoticket Branded Unicorn bottles so we are very much discouraging people from toting around 60ml bottles with flat caps.

Finally, it should be a non-issue once we completely transition to our new enclosures (droppers in everything!)

So, long story short - we'll handle it! Those are all customer service concerns we can address at contact@nicoticket.com - or - you can link to this post. Or, the moderation team will handle it. Obviously we want to address all issues arising from our product... but we really need to be attentive about external links that point to anywhere but the Nicoticket website... even the moderation team (and myself) have to be attentive to it!!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
For members -Out of courtesy to Nicoticket, only Nicoticket should be discussed in their dedicated forum.The only links permitted are Nicoticket's website.

The above...which is in the supplier rules posted by Misty states that the only links permitted are Nicoticket's website. That's what's confusing to me. I'm not being argumentative here but vapers TV and/or YouTube are not the Nicoticket website. True? :?:

And I apologize up front if you think I'm being a pita!

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
If it's not Nicoticket related, it's subject to be moderated out.

this answers my question, as I was curious what it was going to do for those mediums hehe

I'll just make sure all future vaporhood episodes has nicoticket in it, which won't be hard, as thats all I vape...and poster says it all too ;)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I think you should clarify with Clark but as I understood our emails back and forth today the only links he wants on the sub are links to NT, though do clarify things to be sure... :)

Yea - I mean, it's not meant to be heavy-handed - it's all governed by common sense.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Ok...maybe this would be a better question to ask....Dabucs and FTS would still be able to do their reviews and such but they can't have the YouTube link embedded in the video right? I don't want to lose their videos!! Lol

Well I won't really as I'm subscribed to both their channels and email lets me know when there's a new one! Lol

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
I need to say right up front here that I am in no way looking to get disciplined or asked to move on. I am NOT questioning any of the rules on ECF or questioning the Moderators or moderation of ECF and the NT Sub Forum. I'm just trying to get some clarification on what kind of links I can post within the Nicoticket sub forum. Hopefully I am clear and consice...

Great question!!

I think the whole thing is governed by common sense - it's not meant to be heavy handed.

We're do have a solution for a failed cap (which does happen!) - we can replace a cap, if needed. 9 times out of 10 it's just that there is moisture (juice) on the neck of the bottle and/or the cap has been overtightened and stripped out.

We're also ordering Nicoticket Branded Unicorn bottles so we are very much discouraging people from toting around 60ml bottles with flat caps.

Finally, it should be a non-issue once we completely transition to our new enclosures (droppers in everything!)

So, long story short - we'll handle it! Those are all customer service concerns we can address at contact@nicoticket.com - or - you can link to this post. Or, the moderation team will handle it. Obviously we want to address all issues arising from our product... but we really need to be attentive about external links that point to anywhere but the Nicoticket website... even the moderation team (and myself) have to be attentive to it!!

Ok, thanks for the response and with all due respect... but my question has NOTHING to do with the closures. I only used that as an example.

I'm asking can I post a link in the Nicoticket Sub Forum that does NOT directly link to the Nicoticket dot com website, when it concerns a Nicoticket SUBJECT?

So no more links to YouTube or Vaperstv since they're not to Nicoticket.com? Just wondering...

Again, Lynn is asking my question.

At the request of Nicoticket's Forum Supplier, Clark, following are the supplier rules in place in reference to the OP subject

Supplier/Supplier Associate

Supplier rules regarding external links

Re: Supplier/Supplier Associate posting restrictions[/

Supplier courtesy rules with reference to other vendors

No external links to other vendors(whether registered on ECF or not ) nor discussion of their business/products should take place in Nicoticket's dedicated forum.

With all due respect. Misty's posting of the rules CLEARLY states the links can only be directed to the Nicoticket dot com website.

If it's not Nicoticket related, it's subject to be moderated out.

With all due respect...So, is the rule regarding posting links in the Nicoticket Sub Forum, that if it is Nicoticket related it's subject to moderation or do all links posted in the Nicoticket Sub Forum have to point ONLY to Nicoticket.com?

The above...which is in the supplier rules posted by Misty states that the only links permitted are Nicoticket's website. That's what's confusing to me. I'm not being argumentative here but vapers TV and/or YouTube are not the Nicoticket website. True? :?:

And I apologize up front if you think I'm being a pita!

Lynn's post is an example of my question directly above...

this answers my question, as I was curious what it was going to do for those mediums hehe

I'll just make sure all future vaporhood episodes has nicoticket in it, which won't be hard, as thats all I vape...and poster says it all too ;)

Again, with all due respect DaBucs, is posting a link that refers to Nicoticket enough or does your link need to point directly to Nicoticket dot com? I'm not sure after reading the thread that your question COULD be answered...

I think you should clarify with Clark but as I understood our emails back and forth today the only links he wants on the sub are links to NT, though do clarify things to be sure... :)

With all due respect Megan, your are saying that all the links need to point ONLY to Nicoticket dot com?

Yea - I mean, it's not meant to be heavy-handed - it's all governed by common sense.

Again, (whew) with all due respect Kent, I personally, and I don't think anyone else is worried about a rule on ECF being heavy handed. When I signed up here, I agreed to terms of service and all I want to do is abide by them. I just am asking for some clarification on the rule. In no way am I attempting to be a pain or a thorn or stir up trouble. I have seen a clear rule stated, sort of. Perhaps Misty or Robino1 or Classy (or an outside of NT moderator) can weight in on this?

Ultimately is it cool to post a link to a website that sells a coil or a topper or maybe some wire that helps with Nicoticket's juice use? Are we allowed to post links to websites other than Nicoticket dot com that mitigate problems that fellow Nicoticket juice users are having with their Nicoticket products? Additionally, how about links to social media sites like YouTube that are doing juice reviews of Nicoticket products? I understand the clearly stated rule of no links to Facebook contests etc...

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Soignee, I was wondering the same things. Great summation! I too am happy to follow the rules and will do so by what I understand the parameters of the rules to be. From my reading of the ECF rules we may not link to anything that does not directly link to NT in this sub as there are other areas of ECF where these things go....is this right? I sure hope so as I'll mod with that stance. :)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
With my understanding of the rules that Misty posted is the only link that can be posted is to the actual Nicoticket website. But, and I may be wrong, someone can say hey Dabucs just posted a review of Wakonda on YouTube but you can't embed the link because only links to nicoticket.com can be posted. My interpretation though. I will follow the rules that are put before me but I expect everyone to have to adhere to the same rules. I'm a it's black or white person...it either applies to all or none.

Last edited:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Ultimately is it cool to post a link to a website that sells a coil or a topper or maybe some wire that helps with Nicoticket's juice use? Are we allowed to post links to websites other than Nicoticket dot com that mitigate problems that fellow Nicoticket juice users are having with their Nicoticket products? Additionally, how about links to social media sites like YouTube that are doing juice reviews of Nicoticket products? I understand the clearly stated rule of no links to Facebook contests etc...

With all due respect yet again, this is the one that I would like more clarification on myself. If the ultimate goal is to keep members from smoking cigarettes and a (family) member has a question as to where they may obtain a particular something that may help them achieve that goal with the further enjoyment of their NICOTICKET liquids, one may think that posting a link to said device or supply could or would be a win win for both vendors involved. On the other hand, I can see where there may be a problem if it were the vendors themselves posting a link to another vendor.

This is merely for a point of discussion and by no means an attempt to "stir" things up. I have been and am a member of many forums and have not come across a rule in any of them where it was against the rules to post a link in order to help another member out with the forum thread subject at hand. Is there a pertinent reason as to why this policy was implemented here?

Back to the other hand again, I completely understand and support the banning of any link that may contain any type of explicit or offensive material.

And on another note, The Nicoticket section of this forum is more like a close knit family or group where everyone is courteous and friendly to each other and infighting and drama is mostly always avoided and self policed by the family members themselves. So much so that there are many members who seldom venture out into other areas of the forum. Many extremely strong bonds have been established here.

I fully respect and appreciate my privilege to post here and would like to thank the ECF community for allowing me to express my thoughts. Regards, Distorto

Last edited:
Reactions: glowplug

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
With all due respect yet again, this is the one that I would like more clarification on myself. ...

This is merely for a point of discussion and by no means an attempt to "stir" things up. I have been and am a member of many forums and have not come across a rule in any of them where it was against the rules to post a link in order to help another member out with the forum thread subject at hand. Is there a pertinent reason as to why this policy was implemented here?

...the Nicoticket section of this forum is more like a close knit family or group where everyone is courteous and friendly to each other and infighting and drama is mostly always avoided and self policed by the family members themselves. So much so that there are many members who seldom venture out into other areas of the forum. Many extremely strong bonds have been established here.

Lots of "due respect" here - which is one of the many reasons I am one of those who ventures to few other forums or sub-forums. I am grateful to those among the NT family who have so generously answered my questions, posted photos, and provided links to or information about stuff that might be helpful. These folks have helped me through some quite difficult times, albeit, perhaps, without knowing they had done so. I hate to think those days are gone; the NT aficionados who frequent the forum have much to offer.

While I, too, appreciate the necessity for rules - especially rules that ensure civility or forward the cause of vaping rights - I find it puzzling that the NT threads would be precluded from helping fellow ECF members in the same way as is permitted on other vendor-specific or product-specific threads. Perhaps we have misunderstood?

Reactions: glowplug

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I think of when I posted over in eleaf air tank thread that NT was having a bogo sale because some of my fellow posters had mentioned wanting to try Wakonda and other NT offerings that they read about during the best of ECF voting. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that since I was in the Eleaf GS Air thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread