External Links: Honoring the Policy we Agreed to when we decided to become a Forum Supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
I appreciate what the mods do for ECF. It's a necessary service to keep ECF healthy, and it's not an easy job. Making the rules isn't any easier than enforcing them either. I fully believe that the best intentions lie behind each rule. That said the notion that common sense prevails and that there are clear rules forbidding posting of any link are at odds with each other, and this is evident from the questions being asked here. If this rule lessened the burden on moderation I would understand, but posts still need to be moderated for content that is inflammatory regardless of whether that content contains a link. It just seems to me that if we want common sense to prevail than we should have rules (which we do) that ban vendor bashing or otherwise inflammatory content and let members post links that help other members.

Like every other member here who posted I will follow the rules as laid out by the ECF moderators. I have a great deal of respect for ECF and its moderators, and sharing information here with other members is a privilege not a right. However like SpaceCase who put it more bluntly I don't always agree that the rules as defined and enforced will always result in a better community even if the intentions are sound.

Whether it's right or in line with the goals of ECF there are members of the community that feel safe here in sub forums with people who share a common interest. People like me may not have stuck around and become supporting members if we did not have a smaller community in a sub forum that allowed us to be amongst friends and still seek help when needed. We all try to respect the sub forum's topic, but still cultivate a sense of family. I just hope this never gets lost.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Ok...maybe this would be a better question to ask....Dabucs and FTS would still be able to do their reviews and such but they can't have the YouTube link embedded in the video right? I don't want to lose their videos!! Lol

Well I won't really as I'm subscribed to both their channels and email lets me know when there's a new one! Lol

There's lots factors in play...

The best we can do is integrate channels directly into our website if we want ECF traffic to flow there.

The long and the short is - ECF is our host, so we abide and respect their rules. Obviously people post YouTube links all over ECF - and if it's Nicoticket related we'll click through, view the video, and made a good faith judgement call from there.

As far as Vaper.TV - honestly, I'd prefer no links to it. Y'all know it's there, no reason you can't type it and NOT link it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread