1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Extract vs Flavoring

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by abcking, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. abcking

abcking Full Member

As I am new to all of this, and just reading for now, I'm sure it's been asked but cannot find anything ...
    What is the difference between Food Extracts and Flavorings

2. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i'll take a stab at this. An extract is just that, it has been extracted from the actual product. A flavor has been formulated using one or several different flavor molecules.

3. Karen171

Karen171 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Good thread...I've wondered about that myself. Like the food flavoring vanilla extract is mostly alcohol so could you put a few drops in your e juice to make it taste like vanilla? I like vanilla and some juice I've gotten just doesn't taste as strongly of vanilla as I would like.

4. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Unfortunately if anything you're probably just going to taste alcohol if you use vanilla extract. It's just not strong enough for vaping :( You can buy vanilla flavoring...some better than others.

Overall flavoring is much more concentrated. An extract may give you a hint of flavor, but a concentrated flavoring by design is meant to be diluted...

5. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Karen, yes you can use vanilla extract. There are however a few concerns, make sure it only contains ingredients you are comfortable with, it may gunk up the coil on your equipment and from personal experience the gunk on the coil will burn and give off an unpleasant taste.

6. Traver

Traver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Most of our juice is pg/vg mixed with synthetic flavors obtained from flavoring companies like Lorraine's , FlavourArt or Capella. Extracts are just what they sound like, chemically extracted flavors from fruits, tobacco, coffee beans etc. They may or may not be further processed after extraction. Then they are mixed with pg/vg to create juice.

7. idontknow

idontknow Senior Member ECF Veteran

this ? has been asked many times and in different ways. The answer is NO. So I gather it just to weak to be used as a flavor. I did buy some McCormick raspberry extract and tried it. No GO no flavor. AS it has most of the ingredients that the ejuice has. I tried it straight. It will vape and put out vapor. However no flavor..:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.