Status
Not open for further replies.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Model: DSE906 (compatible with DSE901 and KR808D-1 threading)
Size: 9.2x123mm (0.36x4.85 inches)
Battery capacity: 280mAh
Normal working voltage: 3.3~4.2v
Puffs for each cartomizer: 250~300
Charging time: 2.5-3 hours
Full battery can last for: 350-400 puffs
Life of battery: 300 times of charging
- See more at: Electronic cigarette starter kit
I don't mean how long will it last before I recharge... with my habits, I recharge once a day or so. More like... how long before I have to replace it?
Here are the technical specs for you...the average is listed as 300 charges..

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA
I appreciate the info. What's weird is that the day after I asked that, the black Extreme battery I'd ordered for my husband melted when charging in my computer's USB port. It got very, very hot, and I'm thinking could have caused a fire. I contacted Apollo customer service, and they're sending a replacement battery. But I got an email today that maybe explained the issue... it warned to NOT USE the charger that came in the free Extreme mini kit to charge any battery EXCEPT the single Extreme battery that came in the kit.

I am happy with the response from customer service, happy to have gotten that email (even if it was after the fact,) and happy to be getting a replacement charger... but I really should have gotten that email MUCH sooner!

Is Apollo stopping shipment on the "standalone" Extreme battery from the mini kit? If not, is Apollo at least sending out an email RIGHT AWAY to anyone who orders them? It is a very, very serious safety issue.

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA
It was, except it was black. The mini kit was a free promotional thing I sent for that came with an Apollo Extreme battery (white), two filled cartomizers, and a USB charger. No info printed on the packaging that the battery was "standalone" and other Apollo Extreme batteries should not be used with that particular USB charger. I'm not sure what the difference is, they look the same, are branded the same, but obviously they are not.

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA

From that thread but it sounds like they may have recently switched battery suppliers b/c of probs they were having. With the battery issue I had, it was like although the batteries looked the same and were both called "Apollo Extreme" batteries, they were different and couldn't use the same charger. Now I am left wondering if the initial battery I got as part of the free "mini kit" (the one that IS compatible with the charger from the kit) is one of the earlier batteries that will encounter the "never shutting off" and "melting cartomizer" issues talked about in that thread.

They are sending a replacement Extreme battery, and a new charger to use with it. I'll probably shelve the initial battery and charger to use in emergencies only, so I don't mix up the wrong battery with the wrong charger and start a fire. I quit smoking to CUT my chances of starting fires, LOL :vapor:

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA
If it was the same type of battery, and all they are doing is replacing the charger...it doesn't sound like they're doing anything to resolve the issue. This sounds like a serious safety hazard. If it were me, I'd probably order somewhere else...

I am a bit skeeved, to be honest, but I already have an order in with them for an eGo battery and clearomizer, so I'll wait before I pass judgment and write them off. I really do feel like their customer service is fantastic.

That said, I DO feel like the email I got tonight had some pretty important safety info that I really expected to see here on the forum as a sticky, and it's not.

coat

Apr 16, 2013
N/A
I see they have a "standard kit" and a "mini kit". Which was the battery from and which was the charger?

It seems odd that the mini kit states its a 280mah battery, but the standard kit only says it lasts 1-2hrs.

Found this in an old thread:
"Looking on the website, battery is female. Looks like a 510 to me. Problem is, some manufacturers of kits like these purposefully reverse the polarity when they wire them up. That means the only thing you can't be sure will work is the chargers. For example, the apollo batteries may explode if you put them on a standard 510 charger, and standard 510 batteries may explode when screwed into an apollo charger. No way to be sure with out testing. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but you may be better off going with a new starter kit from a reliable company unless you already have the tools to test it onhand. The sad fact is you probably can't trust any supplier that doesn't clearly state the mah and thread type of their batteries."

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
One should never charge a battery with any other charger than the one that came supplied with that specific battery or kit. Apollo does have the technical specs listed on their website for every kit they sell.
Extreme Kit;
Model: DSE906 (compatible with DSE901 and KR808D-1 threading)
Size: 9.2x123mm (0.36x4.85 inches)
Battery capacity: 280mAh
Normal working voltage: 3.3~4.2v
Puffs for each cartomizer: 250~300
Charging time: 2.5-3 hours
Full battery can last for: 350-400 puffs
Life of battery: 300 times of charging
- See more at: Electronic cigarette starter kit

Barracuda30

Jun 30, 2013
Maine, USA
I see they have a "standard kit" and a "mini kit". Which was the battery from and which was the charger?

This was the "Extreme Mini Kit" I ordered first. Came with 2 prefilled cartos, an Extreme battery, and a USB charger.

And I liked it so much I ordered an extra Extreme battery from Apollo, this one for my husband.

They are both called "Extreme" batteries, look the same, are both listed as 280mah batteries. So there is really NO WAY I would have thought, even after checking into specs, that they could not use the same charger. They absolutely are branded as and seem like the exact same battery. They are compatible with the same cartomizers. It's really weird, and dangerous.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
My suggestion would be to use the Live Chat feature on the wbesite and see if they can clarify for you the compatibility issues you're having.
This was the "Extreme Mini Kit" I ordered first. Came with 2 prefilled cartos, an Extreme battery, and a USB charger.

And I liked it so much I ordered an extra Extreme battery from Apollo, this one for my husband.

They are both called "Extreme" batteries, look the same, are both listed as 280mah batteries. So there is really NO WAY I would have thought, even after checking into specs, that they could not use the same charger. They absolutely are branded as and seem like the exact same battery. They are compatible with the same cartomizers. It's really weird, and dangerous.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
  • Deleted by IronHorse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread