FA Nonna's Cake-need help and recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
Last week I mixed up the following recipe and it is no good. I'm wondering what I did wrong and if you have any successful recipes using this flavor?
FA Nonna's Cake 4%
INA Lemon Cake Concentrate 2%
INA Biscuit Concentrate 2.4%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too much everything... Nonna's Cake definately goes awry above 2%. I never use it above 1%. To strike a middle ground here and to take into account different gear I'd start w/ NC @ 1.5%. maintain your layering ratios and drop everything by 62.5% or mutliple your values by (0.375).

FA Nonna's Cake 1.5%
INA Lemon Cake Concentrate .75%
INA Biscuit Concentrate .9%

Hope this helps

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Too much everything... Nonna's Cake definately goes awry above 2%. I never use it above 1%. To strike a middle ground here and to take into account different gear I'd start w/ NC @ 1.5%. maintain your layering ratios and drop everything by 62.5% or mutliple your values by (0.375).

FA Nonna's Cake 1.5%
INA Lemon Cake Concentrate .75%
INA Biscuit Concentrate .9%

Hope this helps

Yes, that is very helpful, thanks![emoji4]

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
anyone else get anise/licorice flavor from Nonna? Did a 2% solo mix, this stuff is pretty interesting.

Was thinking it might good with pineapple?

Using it with pineapple definitely sounds interesting! I didn't get the licorice but I've read that others have. Also, the mix I made was so bad I couldn't taste anything but old biscuit-y cake with a smidge of lemon

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Yes, that is very helpful, thanks![emoji4]
I don't recall if you keep unflavored base on hand (PG+VG+nic premixed to your preferred percentages). IF you do, AND you want to try @EarnestAccord 's suggestion to mix at much lower levels, AND you haven't dumped your first trial (I know; that's a lot of ifs and ands;)), you can try the following without having to use any further flavor concentrates:

Take a small amount (until you know how it will work for you) of your first recipe, say 0.5-1.0mL, and then mix it with twice the amount of your unflavored base. So if you start with 0.5mL first recipe; add to that 1.0mL of unflavored base. If you start with 1.0mL first effort; add to that 2.0mL of unflavored base. This ratio (1:2) will give you a 66.67% dilution. Not exactly what EarnestAccord suggested (62.5%) but it ought to be close enough to know if you are in the ballpark. I am guessing Earnest was trying to get you close to easily measurable amounts.

It the 1:2 ratio is too weak, then repeat the process with another 0.5-1.0mL batch, but this time do equal amounts. So, If you use 1mL of your initial recipe, add 1mL of unflavored base. This ratio (1:1) will give you a 50% dilution.

This is just a quick simple way to see if diluting will help with mixes you already have on hand. Do remember to keep the increments small; or you will have a lot of test juice in no time at all.:D

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I don't recall if you keep unflavored base on hand (PG+VG+nic premixed to your preferred percentages). IF you do, AND you want to try @EarnestAccord 's suggestion to mix at much lower levels, AND you haven't dumped your first trial (I know; that's a lot of ifs and ands;)), you can try the following without having to use any further flavor concentrates:

Take a small amount (until you know how it will work for you) of your first recipe, say 0.5-1.0mL, and then mix it with twice the amount of your unflavored base. So if you start with 0.5mL first recipe; add to that 1.0mL of unflavored base. If you start with 1.0mL first effort; add to that 2.0mL of unflavored base. This ratio (1:2) will give you a 66.67% dilution. Not exactly what EarnestAccord suggested (62.5%) but it ought to be close enough to know if you are in the ballpark. I am guessing Earnest was trying to get you close to easily measurable amounts.

It the 1:2 ratio is too weak, then repeat the process with another 0.5-1.0mL batch, but this time do equal amounts. So, If you use 1mL of your initial recipe, add 1mL of unflavored base. This ratio (1:1) will give you a 50% dilution.

This is just a quick simple way to see if diluting will help with mixes you already have on hand. Do remember to keep the increments small; or you will have a lot of test juice in no time at all.:D

I haven't tossed it yet! I don't keep unflavored around so I'll mix some up

Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I haven't tossed it yet! I don't keep unflavored around so I'll mix some up
If you have to mix the unflavored it may be just as easy to mix per @EarnestAccord's directions. I was only trying to make it easier for you and maybe re-purpose your original mix. Totally up to you.:)

Reactions: ChelsB

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
I am guessing Earnest was trying to get you close to easily measurable amounts.

I was actually just using my suggested Nonna's Cake's reduction, as she's been accutely problematic in my mixing, devided by its' initial value to get a percentage (1.5%/4%)=37%. I then applied that same reduction across the board by Flavor x .37 = new reduced value.

Edit:
Mistake in computation.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I was actually just using my suggested Nonna's Cake's reduction, as she's been accutely problematic in my mixing, devided by its' initial value to get a percentage (1.5%/4%)=37%. I then applied that same reduction across the board by using (1-.37)=.63 which allows me to easily shrink each flavor percentage to 63% of it's original strength.
Makes sense; thanks for the clarification.:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@VapeLuvr - This isn't the recipe I mentioned above, that my friend likes (she can't find it by the way). But I found this one that you might want to try with your Nonna's Cake:

FA Nonna's Cake - 3%
FA Tiramisu - 1%
FA Jamaican Rum - 1%

Comments on it - As soon as it's mixed, you taste a smooth sweet tiramisu, with a vanilla boost. Takes a few days for the cake flavor to be apparent. It's rich, and has lots of creaminess for coffee lovers. You don't need sweeteners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread