Face peeling, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippy

Sep 28, 2014
Seattle, WA, USA
I use a Kanger Pro tank 2 with a Siegele VV/VW mod. I've been vaping 50/50 PG/VG at 24, now 18mg nicotine for almost 5 years. I have eczema but it has been dormant - until recently. I have peeling skin on the outsides of my nostrils, above and below my eyebrows, behind my ears, and right where my "third eye" is supposed to be. If I leave it alone, it keeps forming skin that builds up and peels, with red skin underneath. If I peel the skin myself - which is what I need to do to control it, it peels less but comes back in any hour or so I full force.
I didn't connect it with vaping until I read another thread describing people having hives and rashes on their legs etc, which I don't have.
I have tried using my eczema cream with a layer of Vaseline over it to keep the cortisone in but that doesn't even work. I already take antihistamines and drink water constantly.
Does anyone know how I can stop this without quitting vaping? I won't go out some days bc my pretty face looks so bad. I tried to post a photo but the file was too large. Who has 1Mb photos?! :nah:
Thanks you anyone who can help, this is driving me crazy!:shock:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The liquids that we use contain propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, liquid nicotine and flavorings. The flavorings are the most variable--everything else is supposed to be USP grade which means 99.5% pure and anhydrous.

If vaping is causing your symptoms, the first questions you ask should be posed to a physician, not us knuckleheads.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The liquids that we use contain propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, liquid nicotine and flavorings. The flavorings are the most variable--everything else is supposed to be USP grade which means 99.5% pure and anhydrous.

If vaping is causing your symptoms, the first questions you ask should be posed to a physician, not us knuckleheads.
True

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
hmmm....i'd talk with your doctor. it's weird that it would flair up after 5 years of vaping. have you changed any flavors or anything?

more than likely it's something besides vaping....but, I'd talk to your doctor ASAP.

and welcome!

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I've had psoriatic type problems that began not too long after I took up vaping. They became worse when I went to DIY and Max PG 'In my case' I found it to be mostly attributable to PG. I've switched to Max VG and have little of that problem anymore. Others have difficulties with VG, but of different nature.

I do have some 20/80 PG/VG juice that in periods I vape quite a bit of. From time to time I notice some activity above my nose...around the brows.

I recently came across a thread that was all about that and several mentions of hives. That thread was many years old and it probably would have saved me some difficulty if I had come across it earlier. That may be the same thread you mentioned.

You might reconsider your PG usage. I have an almost full gallon in the bottom of my refrigerator...free to anyone who wants to drop by and pick it up. Otherwise, the refrigerator doesn't mind the ballast.

Were I a betting man...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Another vote to see your doctor, if he gives you the go ahead you might try varying your base, but also try vaping unflavored and see if the problem persists. It is possible to develop allergies/sensitivities after a period of time, so while I'm not saying vaping caused it, it is also possible that it did. If you switched any variables recently, that's probably your answer but it doesn't sound like it.

I really hope you can make vaping work again, and I'm sorry about your condition, I've heard it can be very difficult to control. Sending hopeful thoughts your way...

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I use a Kanger Pro tank 2 with a Siegele VV/VW mod. I've been vaping 50/50 PG/VG at 24, now 18mg nicotine for almost 5 years. I have eczema but it has been dormant - until recently. I have peeling skin on the outsides of my nostrils, above and below my eyebrows, behind my ears, and right where my "third eye" is supposed to be. If I leave it alone, it keeps forming skin that builds up and peels, with red skin underneath. If I peel the skin myself - which is what I need to do to control it, it peels less but comes back in any hour or so I full force.
I didn't connect it with vaping until I read another thread describing people having hives and rashes on their legs etc, which I don't have.
I have tried using my eczema cream with a layer of Vaseline over it to keep the cortisone in but that doesn't even work. I already take antihistamines and drink water constantly.
Does anyone know how I can stop this without quitting vaping? I won't go out some days bc my pretty face looks so bad. I tried to post a photo but the file was too large. Who has 1Mb photos?! :nah:

If you have be Vaping for 5 Years and haven't had any Major skin outbreaks until now, I would ask what has Changed Recently that might have triggered the outbreak?

Different Shower Soaps/Shampoos?
Different Laundry Soaps/Fabric Softeners?
Change in Diet Habits?
Stress?
Different e-Liquid Flavors/Flavorings?
etc.

You should Definitely go to a Dermatologist. But in the mean time, you could try Vaping Unflavored and see if it has Any Effect.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Could make an appointment with an allergist and pre mail the descriptions of VG,PG and nic,along with favorite flavor MSDS"S. Take in actual samples (anything I missed) and ask for testing if the price is right.

Reactions: KC0YNU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread