Not open for further replies.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
Convo at a party last nite:

Dude: I'm proud of you for quitting, but I can still smell the e-cig. It smells like cigarettes. You know they give off that scent, right?

Me (vaping on watermelon lime): That's fruit you're smelling.

Dude: :blink:

Me: It's fruit. You're smelling watermelon. There is no cigarette smell.

Dude: Yes, they do still smell like that. All those electronic ones give off that scent.

Me: ITS. FRUIT. This does not smell like cigarettes.

Dude: I used to smoke. I know what it smells like. It has that cigarette smell.

Me: :facepalm:

Must have smoked ..... juice or one to many poles in his time lol

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
images

golly gee, why does your hubby have such a .. uhm... person.. as a best friend?

actually, a double facepalm is not enough, so here goes:

images

:lol:

Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.
You can, however, walk away from it :sneaky:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
:rolleyes:

Did you use the opportunity while he was bent over to plant your foot up his @$$.:toast:

Missed my chance. The same guy was recently canned for faking a disability claim ...

I would much rather continue my enjoyment of nicotine in a benign manner, than risk turning into a self-righteous nuisance with an unfulfilled craving ...

The "spoilers" will always be among us. But now I fully expect to outlive most of them ... :D

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Wait...the guy complaining of abdominal cramps from your vaping got canned for faking a disability claim? :blink: hm.....

Yep ...

It was actually more ridiculous than that, he claimed it was from my tobacco smoking, months after I had quit ...

Guess I'm lucky, he might have been setting me up for a harrassment claim, which apparently can be initiated for any "objectionable" behavior (as defined by the plaintiff), according to our HR director ...

I had my revenge, though. When they banned the guy from returning to the building last month, I swiped his desk fan to facilitate my stealth vaping ... :D

He was out on disabled leave with a "back injury", and sent a video of himself snowboarding through company email, which was eventually forwarded to the Benefits department. Stupid knows no boundaries ... :blink: :laugh:

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
He was out on disabled leave with a "back injury", and sent a video of himself snowboarding through company email, which was eventually forwarded to the Benefits department. Stupid knows no boundaries ... :blink: :laugh:

two big thumbs up from one "smart" guy to the next...

article-1296566313439-024c0bb5000005dc-32670_636x404.jpg

and a couple quotes from a true genius. one who realizes he can't outsmart stupidity...

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”
― Albert Einstein

“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein

:lol: thanks for this thread. made my day.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
maybe when he smoked ... he was a watermelon smoker ... kids will try smoking anything, if they think it makes them look cool :2cool:

:lol:

@OP: Maybe you were standing near a smoker (even if they aren't smoking, you can "smell cigs"). I used to smell like that...so I try to ignore it, but in this context, it makes sense.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Also, there's always an "expert" everywhere you go. They know all about everything. Usually they are the dumbest human beings on earth.

You got it Tina. IMO they are frequently insecure, emotionally not as 'right' as they could be. I try to let them babble if it doesn't get to be too much. I find most people around them understand too.

They can be a real problem though if they have any power over someone:
dash1.gif

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
Convo at a party last nite:

Dude: I'm proud of you for quitting, but I can still smell the e-cig. It smells like cigarettes. You know they give off that scent, right?

Me (vaping on watermelon lime): That's fruit you're smelling.

Dude: :blink:

Me: It's fruit. You're smelling watermelon. There is no cigarette smell.

Dude: Yes, they do still smell like that. All those electronic ones give off that scent.

Me: ITS. FRUIT. This does not smell like cigarettes.

Dude: I used to smoke. I know what it smells like. It has that cigarette smell.

Me: :facepalm:

You (next time): what you’re smelling is your ignorance. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread