Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
If you don't know already, the manufacturer that provides The LavaTube and batteries for Volcano E-cigs, misled Volcano E-cigs about the batteries they provided. They were told that they were AW brand flat top IMR 18650 batteries, but AW notified Volcano E-cigs that AW doesn't produce a flat top IMR 18650, so the batteries they were advertising and selling as AW brand, were in fact, fakes.

Volcano E-cigs is attempting to rectify this issue and whether or not you agree with how they are doing this is irrelevant to the discussion I am starting right here.

I'm posting here to advise everyone to NOT buy AW IMR 18650's from the classifieds section of this or any e-cig related forum. I suspect some LavaTube kit purchasers will try to off load their fake AW IMR 18650 by reselling them.

As far as I know, no one is yet sure who makes the batteries sold by Volcano as AW, or whether or not they are LiMN or Li-ion batteries. If they are Li-ion batteries, it is unknown if they are protected or not. I'm sure this information will be discovered soon enough, but whatever.

Buy your genuine AW IMR 18650 batteries from a vendor or from AW themselves.

P.S. - Don't bother ranting about Volcano here. You can do that elsewhere if you feel the need. They were scammed on purpose but did not intentionally scam their customers, so I wish them luck getting this debacle behind them.

P.P.S. - My advice is just that. Advice. Make your own INFORMED decisions. :)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Just so you know I bought one of the fakes a month back from a reputable vendor (not volcano) :( I'm just finding out about it now and am pretty mad, I think I paid 19 bucks for it. I'm curious what the census is.......Do vendors KNOW what their buying or do they get duped too?

To the best of my knowledge, Volcano E-cigs was duped by their supplier. I don't know about other vendors.

Was the battery you bought advertised as an AW branded battery or just IMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread