• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fake E-liquid/E-cig Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooody

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Australia
Sorry if this has been posted in the E-cig forums somewhere, but there’s way too many post moving rapidly in other areas. And, in a another popular Australian forum which I visit frequently, there’s someone claiming to get real (ridiculously) cheap e-liquid, and is quiet about his source. So it made me wonder.

[FONT="]A message from Dekang and Boge.

[/FONT][URL="http://www.yndekang.com/"]Changning Dekang Biotechnology Co., Ltd[/URL]

logo.gif

I’m sure from creditable distributors like Heaven’s gift, health cabin, Eastmall, etc, would source there e-liquid direct from Dekang and Boge. But it’s no secret that in China there are backyard, country factories (they’ve had to leave the cities recently) forging all kinds of stuff, including medicines. WHO reports that of all the world medicines, 8% are fakes which amounts to 32 billion dollars. In Mainland China, fake drugs can account for 40% in some regions. Statistics show that 192,000 Chinese died of fake drugs in 2001 alone! [soure: Association for Asia Research- Fake medicine becomes rampant in China ] It wouldn’t be that hard for these fake bio-tech companies to mass produce something like e-liquid in one hit.

So if you find a real cheap source, be wary. Though hopefully it will be obvious

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia

darkmonk

ECF Veteran
The cheapest e-juice I trust is from Light in the Box. They only have a limited range, but I love the Cola flavor that they sell, and when it arrives it is all ways branded coca cola. 18mg is the also the highest strength they have as well. Standard shipping can take anywhere upto 3 weeks to arrive though so I always order in advance. The 50ml bottles are white and are sealed with a break away ring. I also noticed they sell original Ruyan equipment but damn its expensive.

mooody

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Australia
That alibab certainly looks sus, though their target is probably distributors. Hmm, and light in the box ships to Australia, that’s good to know. (Just emailed a bunch of US e-liquidors, some do and some won’t).

As for fake liquid, I imagine there would be two types.

1. The sell and run, that simply look like the real thing, but as soon as you open it, you’ll know it’s not Dekang (concentrated apple juice, or something that looks like eliquid….blatant rip off)

2. Acutally trying to compete with Dekang, probably sourcing the same materials and pretending to be Dekang. Low start up cost, make a quick buck, use pesticides as a minor mix, because its 1c/L cheaper. They don’t have an image to keep, because they’re using someone else’s. If they .... up, they’ll be hard to find, or disappear instantly.

I read in the forums that Dekang mixes individually for different distributors…so cola from Eastmall may different from cola from heaven’s gift. Or they may both just choose the ‘default/recommended’ product.

Anyhow I imagine it would be near impossible to tell if it was point 2, and you probably have to go out of your way, to find them. It’s probably more of a domestic problem, as the international shippers have invested quite a bit in their business and wouldn't just buy off a random white van on the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread