Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnorager

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
Layton, UT
www.electronicstix.com
We are deeply sorry for the confusion. We were assured by two different companies that these batteries were 100% authentic.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will respond to the ticket you currently have open in our system with instructions on how to send them back.
Again, we are very sorry for this.

Devin

ElectronicStix.com

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
I also just received the same exact batteries from your site as Silver5656 according to the pics they posted.

I just submitted a ticket as well. Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

Edit: Already received a reply, thanks Devin, but now I am at a crossroads, as you are saying they are for sure genuine but others say for sure they aren't. I guess the best question is how can we confirm for sure as I definitely need and want Sony batteries but this is my 1st experience with them so I have no clue if they are real or not???

Thanks, again

Last edited:

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Ogden, Utah, United States
we get our AW's directly from AW. So none of our AW's are fakes. There is a lot of websites claiming different things to look for for fakes etc.. you know this stuff is made in china and japan right? stuff changes ALL the time. heck even real AW batteries can vary in length in the same batch. Its not worth coming after people with pitchforks etc.. we have done our very best to make sure everything we have is totally legitimate. After our next batch of these sony's come in we will probably not even order any more whatsoever because honestly why deal with the scrutiny. We will get more imren batteries and bring in the purple efest batteries for people and hope they are good enough for what people want to do. But with the green Batteries you guys are talking about i have had pretty great performance out of them and we were not asking a fortune for them.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
But with the green Batteries you guys are talking about i have had pretty great performance out of them and we were not asking a fortune for them.

Hi Jason, thanks for responding and apologies if my post gave the impression of scrutiny or anything as I am new to all this Sony battery stuff. I just recently got a DNA 40 mod and they really recommend using Sony or LG batteries and that's why I ordered them.

With regards to your last sentence, I guess all I want and need to confirm is if they are safe to use on a DNA 40 mod?? I would hate to keep them, then a month or two later their performance drops off. Again as long as they are safe to use, I'll trust you in regards that they are genuine Sony batteries.

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
I have had no issues in my HexOhm 110 watt mod, no issues in any of my other mods. I have only had one issue where my stingray had a burr on the inside and it cut one of the battery sleeves.. welp that was a waste of a battery lol.. But you are not supposed to use them in the zna although i know how to make them work in there and have had no issues in the ZNA or the fearless either. I am confident running them in my scottua copper at .23 ohms and all is well no heating up etc either. So imo I'm pretty confident in them for now. But to avoid the scrutiny etc and or bashing/bad name trying to keep getting sonys after my next batch i am considering not ordering them any more even when i can find them lol.

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
and while I'm being completely honest here. I would have to say if these are fakes... (again i had more than a few people inspect them at vapercon, and talked to the suppliers..) If they are fake they are some pretty dang good fakes lol I have seen some pretty obvious and horrible fakes.. wavy lines down the sides.. the battery printing on the sides not directly on the battery, washed out qr codes etc.. which none of these have. I am sorry to rant and go on and on but there is a lot of stuff going on in my life right now and not a ton of it is really great except for my wife who stands by me no matter what. We finally got approved for our house which is great but I'm still dealing with the ex, and The Weber-Morgan Health department is going to start cracking down on all kinds of stuff, requiring us to pay for them to test nicotine in liquids etc.. its just a freaking mess. Who knows what the fda is going to do.. who knows if any of us will still be in business more than the next year and a half.. I have 20 employees to worry about. So much on my plate to think about it makes my head want to explode. So again my apologies if i sounded ornery or upset. But we here at ElectronicStix do the best we can to try to make every one happy and have a pleasurable buying experience from us. Have a great day guys i gotta go to my step daughters band performance in a few mins ;)

Dnorager

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
Layton, UT
www.electronicstix.com
I'm just going by your photo on your site. Here is your picture of the AW

View attachment 385139

Here is what Provape sells

View attachment 385140

Look at the coloring of the symbol before the trash can icon.

These pictures are more than 2 years old. AW has just recently changed to the new holographic sticker which is what all of our current batteries have.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I will have the pictures updated. =)

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
These pictures are more than 2 years old. AW has just recently changed to the new holographic sticker which is what all of our current batteries have.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I will have the pictures updated. =)

Hello ELECTONICSTIX, my few orders have all been good and I got some great deals - thank you.

The 5 AW that I bought in early 2013 are like the first picture -all are still working fine and are genuine - never did get any AW with the holographic sticker. But, got 2 AW 18350 coming, the newest, with a black ring - time to update pictures again lol

Dnorager

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
Layton, UT
www.electronicstix.com
Hello ELECTONICSTIX, my few orders have all been good and I got some great deals - thank you.

The 5 AW that I bought in early 2013 are like the first picture -all are still working fine and are genuine - never did get any AW with the holographic sticker. But, got 2 AW 18350 coming, the newest, with a black ring - time to update pictures again lol

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, it will be time to update the pictures again soon. We will also have the new 1200 mAh AW IMR 18490s on the way. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread