Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
For example...

These little rings are more for aesthetics than insulators. Most don't cover any of the top of the batteries negative pole...

Rewrapping batteries

If you really want, I'll rewrap 5 different model batteries and show you in pics.

Tapatyped

If you know how to wrap a battery then you can get away without it but for general people that ask and don't know what that part is, you have to admit it is better to say what he said at the first, due to they need to just get a new battery and not even rewrap as they aren't ready yet.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Read and comprehend before you spout.
Mech related injuries draw the attention of the FDA and antz to the 'grave dangers of e-cigarettes'.
Yes, sir, they will indeed use anything to ruin vaping, and the more people disfigured or worse from mech's blowing up in their faces then the more ammo for the FDA and antz and the worse off we all are.

Again, read the entire statement so that you might comprehend:
"The greatest threat to vaping today are mech related injuries. Those videos of people lying disfigured and paralyzed in hospital beds is all the fear-mongering ammunition the anti's require in order to ruin vaping for everyone."

You "can't believe" that I could ever say such a statement.
That statement is TRUTH!

Those grave dangers of which you speak were on FDA/ANTZ radar before I even heard of mech mods. Take care of the mech problem (if that's even possible, I say it's not), and there will still be grave dangers from eCigs from FDA/ANTZ. '

Literally every thread where we have some vapers agreeing with ANTZ rhetoric has some blurb in there along lines of "this is giving ammunition to anti's, and is going to ruin vaping for everyone." Pick a sub-topic, any sub-topic, and you'll find that assertion in there.

The fact that eCigs exists is ALL THE AMMUNITION THEY NEED.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Those grave dangers of which you speak were on FDA/ANTZ radar before I even heard of mech mods. Take care of the mech problem (if that's even possible, I say it's not), and there will still be grave dangers from eCigs from FDA/ANTZ. '

Literally every thread where we have some vapers agreeing with ANTZ rhetoric has some blurb in there along lines of "this is giving ammunition to anti's, and is going to ruin vaping for everyone." Pick a sub-topic, any sub-topic, and you'll find that assertion in there.

The fact that eCigs exists is ALL THE AMMUNITION THEY NEED.

You're right and wrong as I am too. Most rational vapers agree that some safety, especially in the liquid dept. might be okay but it's the fact of giving an inch and them taking a mile. It's like I had said before about the NRA, gun safety and regulation to a point is good, some people shouldn't own firearms, however the establishment would have no one have anything. The truth is the reason the US has less terrorism is 2 part, distance and armed citizens. However the powers that be just like with vaping would have you to believe both are evil devices used by witches, sorcerers, and anti patriots.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
People need to know there is a reason to research before they will do so.
And that is where I part company with many on this thread.

Some here seem to think it is common knowledge that batteries are dangerous.
And I will continue to insist that it simply is not common knowledge.

I agree it is not common knowledge, because it is not factual.

IMO, it is ANTZ rhetoric to assert batteries are dangerous. By this same logic, every substance on the planet is dangerous. Name any substance, do a little google searching and I'm CERTAIN, you'll find harm associated with it, some of it grave. Like water would be perfect example. If water kills people, then I think the challenge to find something that doesn't would be nearly impossible.

Misuse of batteries strikes me as dangerous. If all experienced mech users were being harmed, then mech mods would be inherently problematic. If say more than 50% of experienced users were being harmed, mech mods would carry with them a known degree of harm. The current situation strikes me as absolutely not harmless (like all other things in the known universe) and not dangerous, unless misused / used by those less experienced.

I think I've had around 15 batteries at one time for vaping for around 2.5 years (and at least 2 batteries for double that time) and have had more incidents of harm from eLiquid than batteries. And my incidents from eLiquid are less harm than any job I've ever had, at any age of my entire life. Read as, very very little harm to me. And read 'battery harm to me' as non-existent. I think in my 4+ decades of experience with batteries, I've possibly been harmed 5 times total. And I think all 5 of those were due to lack of experience or user error. Like when I was 10 years old and told not to touch battery end to my tongue that warning didn't work for me. I needed the experience. Now I know.

I do think it is good to have this discussion, and even okay to bring in ANTZ rhetoric to better prepare us with debates/rhetoric we are likely to face away from vaping site. But also equally good (I'd say better) to argue strongly against that rhetoric for it's ability to seem like winning / common sense strikes me as insane. So insane, I'd call it dangerous.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Hey I agree with a lot of what you say as well and at times may be on the opposite side of the debate but I can say either way it's generally a good and informative argument either way. The only way any of us get better or smarter is to have these debates, not take things personally and spark an interest to learn.

I hope my posting style isn't coming off as me being upset. Nothing personal. Just a discussion.

If you know how to wrap a battery then you can get away without it but for general people that ask and don't know what that part is, you have to admit it is better to say what he said at the first, due to they need to just get a new battery and not even rewrap as they aren't ready yet.

Nope.

I'll never agree that giving incorrect information is better than giving correct information.

Just look at the blow your face off conundrum. Otherwise knowledgeable, wise and reasonable people have been spouting this urban legend internet myth all over the place. How is that helping us? Do you have any idea the mass of misinformation on batteries lies within and is constantly spread on this site? Had i not seen it for myself, it would be inconceivable.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread