FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Electronic Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcrashz

Dec 9, 2009
ohio
has anyone used a FUMA e-cig... i bought one last week...so far it doesnt seem too bad, now im wondering... it doesnt seem to produce alot of vapor most of the time... its a 2-piece... i am thinking about buying some e-liquid and trying to refill one of the cartomizers. is the lack of vapor because the liquid they use for carts sucks or is the battery itself.... i have noticed that if i add a drop or two of tap water to the cart it lasts a bit longer and also seems to hit pretty good vapor and TH... just wanting some input on any other suggestions... the battery has two small holes in top and the cart has four slots for air... covered some up with tape but didnt notice a difference...

msp1518

Dec 13, 2009
NYC
Is there a thread for NON-smokers I can go to for advice because I am completely overwhelmed. I have been reading for hours and am so confused and overloaded I don't know what to do.

My wife's brother lives in Vietnam, has TB in remission and cannot quit smoking. He is going to die (because the smoking will bring the TB back) if we don't help him and when I read about e-cigarettes, I thought it was something we should try.

I'm clueless. Too many products with too many options. I do not know what to do.

The key here is he lives in Vietnam so I would hope he can get refills or whatever you call that, in Vietnam or easily get them shipped there.

ShayDwight

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado
Is there a thread for NON-smokers I can go to for advice because I am completely overwhelmed. I have been reading for hours and am so confused and overloaded I don't know what to do.

My wife's brother lives in Vietnam, has TB in remission and cannot quit smoking. He is going to die (because the smoking will bring the TB back) if we don't help him and when I read about e-cigarettes, I thought it was something we should try.

I'm clueless. Too many products with too many options. I do not know what to do.

The key here is he lives in Vietnam so I would hope he can get refills or whatever you call that, in Vietnam or easily get them shipped there.

I think one of your greatest resources on this site will be the "The Wonderful World of Vaping: An Illustrated Guide to E-cigs (Parts 1 through 6)" Sticky thread that's at the top of this forum.

I would link it, but I don't have the required amount of posts yet.

LennyG

Dec 7, 2009
Oregon
Hello all,

I know you are probably tired of the same old questions from newbies such as me. But, I actually read this forum for a lot of tips and such before posting or buying, and I ended up buying a DSE901 which I am currently happy with.

I wanted to clean the atomizers, so I did. I read somewhere on this forum that vinegar was ok to use, and since I had some, I used that. I let them soak for a while, rinsed them with warm water, shook out the excess water, took a hairdryer to them and let them sit to dry overnight.

When I put them all back together, it took several drips and full cartridges to get them to work again and in the process I couldn't help but notice that the initial taste was way up there on the ca-ca meter. It was horrible. I may try a citrus juice next time. I'm concerned about the sugar in coke or pepsi shortening the atty's life. Can anyone give me some personal experience that has worked for them that didn't taste like ca-ca?

I really am happy with my e-cig, and currently use 24ml juice. I have only been doing this since December 1, and I have smoked a few regular cigs. Has anyone had the same experience? The most real cigs I have smoked is 2 in one day. Today I haven't smoked any. I hope to be totally smoke free in the not too distant future.

I currently use esmokeyshack e-liquid, and so far it works well for me. I would like to see if I can get some 36ml e-juice. Where can I find that?

Thanks for your patience in advance, I know that everyone new to this will ask the same questions and I guess I'm no exception...

Have a good one,

Lenny

Hello, Thanks for this forum. I read here for several hours a couple of times over the last few months and finally took advice from a discussion on green cigs. On Dec. 22, I received confirmation of my order from greencigusa.com.

As of today my order has not arrived and they have quit responding to my polite requests for a simple tracking number. I'm out 75 bucks.

So be warned greencigusa.com is either very slow, and very unprofessional, or they are a complete scam.

Note to mods or administrator - If there is a better thread for me to post/warn folks, please let me know?

Thanks, Eureka Springs

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

jenshelby

Jan 20, 2010
linden, va
I'm sure you all are tired of these questions, but I am trying to figure out how to decide what strenght nicotine to start at. I jumped the gun and ordered a green smoke at 6 mg (based on their website stating that was equivalent to a light analog). Well it isn't cutting it for me. I got marlboro flavor and it doesn't taste like my analogs at all - in fact I keep getting juice in my mouth and can't get a decent "hit" to save my life.

So now realizing that I made a mistake ordering GS I am going to order from a vendor I found on this forum (V4L) and return the GS - but I'm not sure what strength to order. There is so much info out there I am a little on overload now and don't know where to start.

I smoked Marlboro light 100s for most of my life but when the economy tanked I switched to many different generics and ended up with L&M light 100s (made by philip morris and similar but a little stronger then a Marlboro light 100) and I actually like them better then my Marls. I smoke between 1 to 2 packs a day depending on my stress level lol but probably average about a pack and a 1/2 a day and I've smoked steady (without quitting ever) since I was 12 years old - 30 years total - ughhh and I really need to quit and am hoping this is the answer! Any advice any of you can offer on where to start, what level nicotine, how often to vape, what flavor is closest to my analogs, etc would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Jennifer

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I'm sure you all are tired of these questions, but I am trying to figure out how to decide what strenght nicotine to start at. I jumped the gun and ordered a green smoke at 6 mg (based on their website stating that was equivalent to a light analog). Well it isn't cutting it for me. I got marlboro flavor and it doesn't taste like my analogs at all - in fact I keep getting juice in my mouth and can't get a decent "hit" to save my life.

So now realizing that I made a mistake ordering GS I am going to order from a vendor I found on this forum (V4L) and return the GS - but I'm not sure what strength to order. There is so much info out there I am a little on overload now and don't know where to start.

I smoked Marlboro light 100s for most of my life but when the economy tanked I switched to many different generics and ended up with L&M light 100s (made by philip morris and similar but a little stronger then a Marlboro light 100) and I actually like them better then my Marls. I smoke between 1 to 2 packs a day depending on my stress level lol but probably average about a pack and a 1/2 a day and I've smoked steady (without quitting ever) since I was 12 years old - 30 years total - ughhh and I really need to quit and am hoping this is the answer! Any advice any of you can offer on where to start, what level nicotine, how often to vape, what flavor is closest to my analogs, etc would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Jennifer

You should find the sweet spot somewhere between 20-24mg.
And vape as often as you like, or need to. There's no rules. As far as flavor, that is very subjective. But most people start out wanting something that tastes as close as possible to what they smoked, but soon change their mind about that. However, you get different tobacco flavors, but don't count on them tasting like the real thing. It's not a cigarette, so don't expect it to taste exactly like one. Try and get at least 4 or 5 different sample size juices. As soon as you find one you like, order more of it.
Anyway, you asked for the best place to start, so here it is. Go ahead and read this. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...strated-guide-e-cigs-parts-1-through-6-a.html

It will answer any other questions you have for now, and leave you with a few more when you're done with it. It's also fairly entertaining. Also - Welcome to the forum. Any other questions you have, feel free to start your own thread in the new members section. :)

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
hi, i am brand new to vaping and this is my first post ... what is a chuck?

The Chuck is a BB (big battery) mod that is sold by one of the supporting suppliers of the forum. The supplier's forum can be found here...
Thag Built / The Chuck - E-Cigarette Forum

The ppl there will answer any questions you may have about it.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
Hi,

New member, new to vaping. Starting with Volcano's and so far am very pleased. BUT, I'm primarily a pipe and cigar smoker and after looking at many of the mods, have an idea to make my own pipe. However, I've not seen any mods that are automatic and make use of the pressure sensor. Everything seems to be push button. Has anyone made an automatic mod?

I don't know any thing about electrical work or soldering or any of that, so still trying to figure all this out.

Thanks!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Hi,

New member, new to vaping. Starting with Volcano's and so far am very pleased. BUT, I'm primarily a pipe and cigar smoker and after looking at many of the mods, have an idea to make my own pipe. However, I've not seen any mods that are automatic and make use of the pressure sensor. Everything seems to be push button. Has anyone made an automatic mod?

I don't know any thing about electrical work or soldering or any of that, so still trying to figure all this out.

Thanks!
I've never seen or heard of an automatic battery mod.

Maybe because nobody who gets far enough to want a mod wants an automatic battery.
But that doesn't mean there aren't some out there.
:)

Having said that, I could see wanting one for a pipe mod.

But were you aware that there ARE electronic pipes available?
They look like a pipe.
They hold a ton of juice.
And they are probably automatics.

You might want to start by looking into the DSE601.

Here is a review from the world-famous reviewer Leaford...
YouTube - LitecigUSA's DSE-601 e-Pipe Video Review and Demo

Last edited:

Mickirette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Indiana
I think a comparison chart would be a good idea, if they don't already have one. I have been reading almost non stop for a week now. (need to do laundry) I got my first pv the 23rd of December and I haven't smoked since. The point I was trying to make is if I had found this sight first I would still be smoking. No matter what anyone says it is contradicted in the next post. I guess you just have to decde for your self. Good-Bad-Good-Bad-Good-Bad-Maybe! Micki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread