Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
To me, and I'm throwing it out as a non-scientist, the worst thing is the nic. Long term I don't have any answers and frankly even then they won't be good answers because after almost 40 years of smoking can I blame vaping for ANYTHING??

But short term nic can put me on the couch in minutes. Not 10 years or days or hours, MINUTES.

The 18 and 12 stuff I used to use now makes me sick very quickly. I dread when someone approaches me and asks if I can fix there Nautilus. Get a couch ready cause I'm going down.

Now the other thing is flavorings. And they affect us all differently. I cook for some close friends and some flavors that they like make me cough. But they have no trouble. And the base is the same. So I been at war with flavoring also<--personally.

But nic tastes terrible. Honestly I never knew that. I was at a high nic level but wanted good tasting juice. So I dumped the flavoring on. And it was good.

Then I found higher watts and airflow. So I lowered the nic and that made me happy. And then I noticed the flavor is orders of magnitude better at higher wattage. So I cut the flavor down ALOT!!!!!! And my juice tastes 10 times better with less flavoring. And this made me super duper happy cause I personally believe the flavoring is harmful<---to me, others do as they please.

So them I made the next logical leap. No nic. Now I'm still an addict so don't worry about me going cold turkey anytime soon but I been using more and more zero nic. Mostly just VG with a flavor bottle waved over it. Without nic to mask a drop really will do ya.

I make my own so I know exactly what I use. And I am down alittle on nic intake, alot on PG, way down on flavor and about double on VG.

We all have to make our bets against the grim reaper so mine is...........

Higher watts- 30+++. Anything lower and I'm drinking the juice

High VG and low flavoring. Maybe not so much against PG plain but flavoring=bad

Low nic. Now I'm for now staying the sameish/slowly dropping so thats 5ml a day of 12mg up to say 10ml at 6.

And better equipment. If I am to finish off double the amount of more pleasant stuff I wanna do it in half the time. I'm currently retiring all 30w mods and reducing 70+ mods to play duty. Getting more and more into TC. I like to rebuild so I mostly rebuild but honestly store bought coil are getting real good. At about a buck a week money is a non-issue but giving up rebuilding is hard. Working with nickel wire sucks<---to me.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Wow, such a large difference in user preferences and styles.... pretty cool!

I started my vaping journey 4/27/15 with a iTaste Clk! kit and 10ml of 18mg House strawberry juice. While the Aspire Maxi and K1's were fairly good at "toodle puffing" 18mg juice, the tanks ran dry WAY to quickly.

Since I was a 'chain smoker' I was sure bound to be come a 'chain vapor'. In my quest to find the PG/VG/NIC ratio and MG that I could comfortably "chain vape" or get a 'nic fix' I found that I needed different setups & juices for each target result.

Believe it or not a 90-80% VG base with 10-20% H2O is as runny (or more so) than 100% PG, is smooth as heck to vape and I think the H2O content combines with the nicotine into vapor that is more readily absorbed by the body. (I found this on my 2nd tank of 100% VG 18mg where I added 20% H2O (to eliminate dry hits and singed/burnt coils) and after a few pulls was getting dizzy like I had just used a good Cuban Cigar)

This revelation got me cutting my 18mg VG in 1/2 to 9mg (same water content) and on my Aspire Maxi, K1's and Nautilus tanks I can chain vape the slightly sweet unflavored 9mg VG all day. Granted a Aspire Nautilus 5ml tank might last me all day and then some, (I usually keep another mod+tank with 12-18mg loaded nearby which may or not be flavored).

Then I got the SILLY idea that since I was dealing with high VG juices AND seemed to keep going overboard on my voltage/power settings and singing/burning store bought coils, I ought to get setup with a TC mod and topper/heads! (I made my FIRST EVER coil today!! (NI200 for LEMO2))

So as any OCD person would do, I ordered a STM (with Ni200 coils), a Alantis2 with VS Ni200 coils, a pack of Ni200 coils for my army of Nautilus tanks and to round out the stable, a Lemo2 (forgot to order wire or anything else for it!)

While the STM (and others) can sort of be restricted to almost "toodle puffing" experience levels it can be difficult to nearly impossible to do so once you get used to the massive air flow, vapor production and flavor these things can produce. Needless to say, I found myself refilling the STM tank in a less than a few hours!

This brought me to the next stage. While I could still happily "toodle puff" on my older stuff the new TC sub-ohm tanks (with non-toodle puffing settings) not only ate juice at least 3x faster than what I was used to, I was getting dizzy vaping my +9mg and over juice and the throat hit was WAY to much - I needed to dilute my juice further for sub-ohm TC vaping.

Which brings us to the 3-6mg high VG DIY flavored juice that I'm enjoying now in my Lemo2. While I still run 12-18mg DIY juice in my "toodle puffing" ClK!/K1 setup, (used mainly in the car where a large cloud is not desired), my primary home setup is now 9-12mg unflavored VG and I'll use the RDA's for my DIY flavors.

I did not really set out to or intend to reduce my nicotine level(s), it just worked out that in many cases it is.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    I actually moved down too quickly I think, so I recently moved back up.

I started out at 18 about 4 months ago, then I started to buy a few 12 juices about a month ago, and I just ordered some more juices today, and I decided to go back to 18. I'm in no rush to be honest. I intend to take my sweet time. As long as I am not consuming tobacco anymore, then I am content.

And also, I think that the higher nic level I keep, then the less amount of juice I will have to vape every day, and since there are still a lot of unknowns about vaping (the recent chemical controversies), I figure that consuming less juice can't be bad, especially since I happen to like the kinds of flavors (creamy types) that are known to have those chemicals in them.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Was wondering if anyone reduced nicotine from 24mg to zero in less then 3 months. Very strange how my body reacts to nic. I smoked menthols for 38 years, 1 to 2 packs per day. Since I began 24mg vape, I've had to reduce my nic level alot, each time nic level is to high, my chest get's tight, tingling all over my body, like a zillions ants, start feelin dizzy, nauseated. Sometimes I feel like vomiting. I stop vaping for awhile, goes away. I discover nic level to high. Since then each time I reduce nic level the feeling goes away, then returns in a few weeks.

Now I'm experincing the same after puffin 3mg nic past few weeks. Been puffin for approx 15 weeks. My vape manner hasn't changed, just nic level. Another thing is, I cannot vape any menthols, and that's all I smoked for 38 years. A family member only smoked a few years, vapes 18mg no problem for past few months.

Hmmm, gonna mix up some 0 nic tonight.

Anyone else experience thier body rejecting nic after quit smoking ? Is it possible body rejects nicotine, after tossing the analongs ? Any assistance/feedback appreciated.

"Was wondering if anyone reduced nicotine from 24mg to zero in less then 3 months. "

I did;
    after that I more or less let it vary at will
    nowadays I tend to keep a tank with some higher level nicotine: currently a 12mg at 10 to 15 watts which I might occasionally use, while my main vapes are more like 3mg at 8 to 15 watts on rda's

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I actually moved down too quickly I think, so I recently moved back up.

I started out at 18 about 4 months ago, then I started to buy a few 12 juices about a month ago, and I just ordered some more juices today, and I decided to go back to 18. I'm in no rush to be honest. I intend to take my sweet time. As long as I am not consuming tobacco anymore, then I am content.

And also, I think that the higher nic level I keep, then the less amount of juice I will have to vape every day, and since there are still a lot of unknowns about vaping (the recent chemical controversies), I figure that consuming less juice can't be bad, especially since I happen to like the kinds of flavors (creamy types) that are known to have those chemicals in them.

Absolutely true, and the reason I went *up* in nic level, from the 6mg I started at, even though my devices gradually improved in nic-delivery ability -- and if I could have gone all the way to 12mg without nausea, I would have; it would certainly have delayed my need for DIY! But 10mg seems to be my absolute limit, before I begin to experience the stomach pain, the jitters, and worst of all by far, the nausea. I recently dropped to 9mg, since getting my Achilles, but since I'm still in the process of gradually weaning from WTA, I'm thinking that the next batch I mix might be 9.5mg -- I know, it seems too small a difference to make much difference, but with my particular sensitivity to nicotine, .5mg really can make a big difference to me. And with my new Achilles RDAs, I'm vaping less juice than probably at any time since I left behind the eRoll, or maybe the cartotank.

Andria

Reactions: IgnorantCig

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Not misleading at all. I had wrote: My vape manner hasn't changed, just nic level. Some of us use puff counters to keep track :)
    OK, this is a new one on me. What is a puff counter?
    When I started vaping about 2 1/2 years ago I started with a really low nic. Because of this I soon returned to cigs and vaped when I thought of it. When I was looking into vaping again in mid-February, the nic level was one thing I discussed with the B&M and what the recommended nic level should be. I started at 18mg for my Nautilus Mini and it was what it took to get me off the cigs. I soon moved into sub ohm with the Kanger Subtank Mini and Herakles plus a few drippers when I just want to really enjoy the flavor and I was using 6mg. Now I am using 3mg almost exclusively. I have a 6mg that I keep in a Subtank. These levels are what I use and enjoy the most. I DIY the ejuices so I am certain about the nic levels. However, I question how accurate the nic levels are in the commercial ejuices? There are a couple commercial ejuices I buy as I can't replicate the one I really like. I also have picked up a couple that were interesting and were 1/2 off and get one free.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Andria, where did you get your Achilles? That sounds like an RDA that might work for me. I've googled it and don't find anything but a Ukrainian site.

Frog in Fog -- Hong Kong, so, not much better than China proper, but if you get the "domestic expedited shipping" (about $6-ish), then it doesn't take too long -- a couple weeks, I think it was. That's the only place I've seen them, because the "authentics" from Ukraine NEVER seem to be in stock. Not sure why they even bother having a website for them, if they're never going to have anymore. :blink:

Andria

Reactions: Oregon Linda

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    OK, this is a new one on me. What is a puff counter?
    When I started vaping about 2 1/2 years ago I started with a really low nic. Because of this I soon returned to cigs and vaped when I thought of it. When I was looking into vaping again in mid-February, the nic level was one thing I discussed with the B&M and what the recommended nic level should be. I started at 18mg for my Nautilus Mini and it was what it took to get me off the cigs. I soon moved into sub ohm with the Kanger Subtank Mini and Herakles plus a few drippers when I just want to really enjoy the flavor and I was using 6mg. Now I am using 3mg almost exclusively. I have a 6mg that I keep in a Subtank. These levels are what I use and enjoy the most. I DIY the ejuices so I am certain about the nic levels. However, I question how accurate the nic levels are in the commercial ejuices? There are a couple commercial ejuices I buy as I can't replicate the one I really like. I also have picked up a couple that were interesting and were 1/2 off and get one free.

Puff counter counts how many times you've pressed the fire button since the last time you turned it on.

You can pretty much count on nic levels being accurate -- unless you're talking about 5 Pawns, obviously. ;)

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Thanks, Andria! I've read a number of your posts about the Achilles, and I'm intrigued enough that I think I'm going to order one and try it. I've never used a dripper before, but since it holds more juice than most drippers, it shouldn't be very hard to get used to. :D

The draw on it reminds me a great deal of cartos/cartotanks, or even my old T3S -- very tight! If you've gotten accustomed to an airy vape from other attys, you may find it very surprising! :D I have the airflow screw backed out just far enough that it doesn't scratch my iStick30s, but I know that a lot of folks just remove that screw entirely -- it will still be a tight draw, even with it gone.

Andria

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Puff counter counts how many times you've pressed the fire button since the last time you turned it on.

You can pretty much count on nic levels being accurate -- unless you're talking about 5 Pawns, obviously. ;)

Andria
    Thank you, Andria.

Reactions: AndriaD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread