• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech order to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastNick

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Montreal, QC
I bet some of you bought already from fasttech so I would like to know few details to see if worth. I want to buy two regulated mods plus some attys and other accessories. The order will be around 300 CAN. What would be the custom duty for such amount. No e-liquids and no batteries tho.
Also if I pay in CAN there is any extra charge? Also what is the safest method of payment.
Any input will be much appreciated. Thanx

Ilikecoffee

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2011
BC
Break up your orders. FT shipping is free, no matter what so just order everything separate or group your order so each shipment is under $100CAD. It'll come straight through, Canada Customs / Post Office won't process for customs duties and taxes... usually.

I have received orders from FT as high as $90USD and as low as $3, never once had to pay duties or taxes.

FT only accepts US currency; if you use your CC (don't), it'll convert. Use Paypal. If an item you want isn't available for paypal purchase through their website (many aren't), just buy a FT gift certificate in the amount of your order (or buy a few, to mix and match the fixed dollar amount gift certificates FT allows you to buy( from paypal, then use those gift certificates to make your order. That's one way around the paypal ban on some items.

- M

BigBoyBlue

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Canada
As a side note Fasttech does not seem to list the true cost of goods ordered on the packaging. My largest order(around $150 USD) was marked under $30 CDN on the packaging. I've received packages that were marked under $5.00 CDN. I would have to double check but I"m pretty sure duty is free on anything under $20. If you break your order into 3 I can almost guarantee Fasttech will mark all packages as having a value around the $20 mark.

kenmuir

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
AB, Canada
I just received my first order from them, with Canada e-packet shipping, it took six days to reach my mailbox. It was marked as a gift worth $20USD so the tracking info says Customs had it for three minutes before they let it through. Paypal payment went through without issue.

Check that what you're looking for isn't available through one of the Canadian vendors though. With the exchange rates as they are, I would have saved $10 or so buying from CanVape, even having to pay shipping.

I just received my first order from them, with Canada e-packet shipping, it took six days to reach my mailbox. It was marked as a gift worth $20USD so the tracking info says Customs had it for three minutes before they let it through. Paypal payment went through without issue.

Check that what you're looking for isn't available through one of the Canadian vendors though. With the exchange rates as they are, I would have saved $10 or so buying from CanVape, even having to pay shipping.

That's what happened with me. I wanted a Sigelei 100W +. Fasttech was selling for $108. Local B & M was selling for $110. It was a no brainer. Picked up local and got it right away vs ordering and waiting 2-3 weeks. But some of their other products are dirt cheap. I'll be buying a few drip tips, a juice stand. Batteries seem to be on par for local B & M. They are still great pricing though. I believe most B & M place orders with Fasttech themselves to get their inventory supply

Ilikecoffee

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2011
BC
As a side note Fasttech does not seem to list the true cost of goods ordered on the packaging. My largest order(around $150 USD) was marked under $30 CDN on the packaging. I've received packages that were marked under $5.00 CDN. I would have to double check but I"m pretty sure duty is free on anything under $20. If you break your order into 3 I can almost guarantee Fasttech will mark all packages as having a value around the $20 mark.

CBSS / Rev Canada say to shippers under $20 is not required to collect taxes / duties, and under $100 optional on shipments. This is why Canada Post doesn't collect anything under $100. They hate paperwork. But I've gotten some shipments with a $150 value and they still don't collect, go figure.

OTOH, UPS will collect taxes, duties, and charge fees on anything $20.00 and above. But there's an even worse company out there: TNT Express.

I received a series of gaskets from an espresso machine company in Taiwan. They listed the value at $15USD (converted to $18.xx by TNT to CAD). A month later, I got a bill in the mail for nearly $30 from them: $0.85 GST, then 3 (!!!) brokerage fees (handling, processing, brokerage) amounting to about $26, and then tax on top of that. Unreal.

I sent them back a letter saying I did not agree to them brokering my shipment, and sent them a bill for $35 for my own labour, handling, transportation costs, for dealing with their letter. We'll see how that goes lol!

- M

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Just ordered a Sigelei Mini 30w box mod and Nitecore batt charger from Fasttech. Saved almost $38.00 over Canadian prices (products, shipping and tax), even with our crappy Cdn/US exchange rate and the extra $2.50 payment for slightly faster shipping from China. Plus, I was able to avoid purchasing it from the one Canadian vendor who has them, who I will never again deal with. All in all, I'm pleased :D.

Peter

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Just checked the tracking on my Fastech order:

Order placed on 03 March, left China on 04 March, arrived in Canada - processed by Customs and returned to Canada Post on 06 March and is currently enroute to me from Richmond. Wow! that's fast and I used their standard "free" shipping.

I'm a happy camper, err, banana :banana:

Peter

Ilikecoffee

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2011
BC

Order placed on 03 March, left China on 04 March, arrived in Canada - processed by Customs and returned to Canada Post on 06 March and is currently enroute to me from Richmond. Wow! that's fast and I used their standard "free" shipping.

Peter

That's a lot faster than normal for the free shipping (registered mail) options. Typically it really does take 3-4 weeks.

I have one shipment stuck in Border Services purgatory currently; it took over 3 weeks just to get to Canada, now BS has had it for 5 days. Really curious why, since the order contains:
- 3 glass+ steel 510 drip tips
- 3 NFC glue on re-writable tags
- 3 NFC keyrings, rewriteable
- a Coil Master rig.
- two types of ceramic tipped tweezers.

AFAIK. absolutely nothing there to raise a red flag.

- M

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada

Peter

UPDATE

My order arrived in North Bay, Ontario today! That's seven days from the time that I placed the order until it arrived at my front door. I'm impressed.

Peter

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
UPDATE

My order arrived in North Bay, Ontario today! That's seven days from the time that I placed the order until it arrived at my front door. I'm impressed.

Peter

Does that mean I should see mine in 6 days I'm only in Bracebridge ? Yeah wishful thinking on my part........

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I had to check; Recently, I have (had) three orders from them. Yes, this one was China E-packet; $2.50 extra. One package is still enroute and one is waiting on two items before the package is complete and ready for dispatch. These and two previous shipments were sent by regular shipping methods; we'll see how long it takes to get these most recent orders.

P.S. I had to double check my orders, because I couldn't remember which of the packages was sent, how :blush:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread