• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech order to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaabFanatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2014
Peterborough, Canada
I had to check; Recently, I have (had) three orders from them. Yes, this one was China E-packet; $2.50 extra. One package is still enroute and one is waiting on two items before the package is complete and ready for dispatch. These and two previous shipments were sent by regular shipping methods; we'll see how long it takes to get these most recent orders.

P.S. I had to double check my orders, because I couldn't remember which of the packages was sent, how :blush:.

Makes sense now - I would've been very surprised if Singapore Post got to you that fast.

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
I was planning on getting the KBOX from FT but they're back to their famous "Ships in 20 business days"
A member over there pointed that GearBest has a pre-order at $22.99 (with coupon KBOX), free shipping.
Sorry for Hijacking the thread but I was just curious if anyone ever ordered from them? And if so, if they recommend it?
Thanks.

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I've paid for e-packet in the past and received it in 2 weeks as opposed to my usual 2.5weeks (a few times 3 weeks) regular China post.

The nice thing about Fastech is that they have a number of shipping options. Generally you can decide how quickly that you want a shipment and then pay accordingly.

Regular Airmail - free - 25 to 30 days
Registered Airmail - free ($20+ order) - 6 to 20 days
ePacket - variable fees (my last order was $2.50 to North Bay, ON) - 6 to 12 days.

There are additional options as well; see their website shipping FAQs. One thing to note is that if your order includes LiPo or LiIon batts, your options become quite limited and your wait time increases dramatically. This, because of a number of incidents where lithium chemistry based batts were proved to have caused aircraft accidents from battery fires, so they are normally shipped by by boat (a slow boat from China ;) )

Last edited:

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
I was planning on getting the KBOX from FT but they're back to their famous "Ships in 20 business days"
A member over there pointed that GearBest has a pre-order at $22.99 (with coupon KBOX), free shipping.
Sorry for Hijacking the thread but I was just curious if anyone ever ordered from them? And if so, if they recommend it?
Thanks.

I bought several items from them, better prices than Fasttech and ships within 3-4 days.
I was looking for the KBox as well, looks like you found a under $25 option for me, I might order two from them as well !

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Curious if anyone has had any luck using the price match function on Fasttech ?

Found the Istick 30w on a U.S. site for 34.98 same mod on a Canadian site is listed for 37.00 so in U.S dollars that works out to 28.12 and Fasttech has it priced at 38.73 U.S.................... Does this sound right or am I completely off my medication ?????

Last edited:

SaabFanatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2014
Peterborough, Canada
If you want faster shipping from Fasttech, do not combine your orders with batteries. The second you include batteries in your order, they will ship Surface Ground which will take anywhere from 45-60 days !

Depends, built in batteries still ship via airmail with Singapore Post. Loose batteries on the other hand unfortunately have to go surface mail.

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Copied directly from Fastechs FAQs:

Does FastTech match prices?

Although not always possible, FastTech is willing to match, or even, beat other's prices.
To request a price match, click the little dollar sign "$" on product pages. You can choose whether or not to receive e-mail updates regarding your price match request.
Please note that competitors should have the product IN STOCK and available as NEW. Most computer products are sold as Retail, OEM or Promotional products, and while they are often similar products, we cannot match prices on items with different packaging.
When price match is completed, the price on the product page is updated to match or the beat competitor's price. As verification is done manually, please allow 3-7 business days for the price match process.

Peter

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Placed 5 separate orders with them at the beginning of March and all arrived within 14-15 days including weekends, so basically it is only 10-11 days !
They even automatically downgrade declaration of the price so even if customs what to charge you taxes it so minimal they don't even bother to do the paperwork, how can anyone compete with China in e-commerce, free shipping, low prices and common sense ?, it costs me $8.50 to send an 6"x9" padded envelope with Canada Post down to the end of my street ! ...LoL

Last edited:

Ry4life

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
Canada
I've ordered about 10 times from fasttech and have never waited more than two weeks ..fastest was 9 days. I fully expect it to take that long from china so I don't mind really , I've sent items back too with no problem and they pay return postage if defective . Customer service has been pretty good and quality of items I've received is fair for the price . I think some people expect too much out of a 10 dollar clone dripper from china that would cost 25 here . I have bought lots locally and from Canadian vendors as I do like to support them as well . In the end it boils down to dollars and when you don't want to spend as much or more than you did on smoking you get a better bang for your buck from sites like these .

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Ordered March 7th all in stock shipped the same day still nothing received There tracking is useless and nothing ordered that would have gotten seized by customs. Repeat customer probably not. Also put in a ticket for a price match 9 days later still no response.

If your order has tracking, then it is by Surface Mail which will take 45-60 days, regular free shipping by air does not have a tracking number !
You probably have batteries in your order which can only be shipped via Surface Mail. Fasttech is the only seller that actually takes a photo the actual package that they are sending you. 21 days to Canada is nothing and you shouldn't be complaining for free shipping. Most Canadian and American customers are out to lunch and unreasonable because they want free shipping and they want it like yesterday. Try to use Canada Post to send something down your own street and it will cost you more than your order and take 2-3 days !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread