• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech order to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't ordered from fasttech yet (going to, that's why I'm reading), but I do have some info of note on customs (I order lots of random stuff from all over the place).

Processing in BC is always fast. IMO They're either very familiar with the companies shipping in or they just don't seem to care much. I've never had a problem of any sort going through Vancouver. No delays, no opened and taped up packages, nothing. That includes food/candy/drinks which you would think they would manually inspect.

Processing in Ontario is iffy at best. They seem to be a whimsical bunch. I've had packages that I sent myself from the states that were certainly well over $20, and they let it go (a HUGE, heavy box of NES games). I had my brother send me some magazine and comic book boards and bags, and the box arrived in bad shape. All taped up with a note saying it had been searched. I've had small electronics, video games, lip gloss, and other random stuff opened and delayed for weeks with no updates.

I've heard of juices being turned away and such. I tend to think this would be more common with packages going through Ontario. Like I said, they really don't seem to care in Van.

Another thing to note. Packages that are delivered by Canada Post are always processed at an actual customs office. Packages shipped via UPS, FedEx, and so on, are usually processed by their own licensed customs inspectors. I found this fun tidbit out when I immigrated here from the US. They tend to process a LOT faster. They would have to considering the rates they charge and the speed at which they'll deliver.

Packages sent via EMS from Japan (delivered by Purolator) are inspected by customs (in Van), and seem to have some sort of inspection priority. They always clear the same day they arrive. I imagine customs probably has some sort of priority processing for all int fast shipping types.

Tajji'smom

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2012
Southern Ontario
That's interesting. I'm finding the reverse has happened to me. I have had 2 juice orders refused by customs in Richmond, from the same vendor. All my Fasttech orders go through BC as well and are painfully slow, but I get them. I've never had anything checked through Mississauga customs and receive most in a reasonable time

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Another thing to note. Packages that are delivered by Canada Post are always processed at an actual customs office. Packages shipped via UPS, FedEx, and so on, are usually processed by their own licensed customs inspectors. I found this fun tidbit out when I immigrated here from the US. They tend to process a LOT faster. They would have to considering the rates they charge and the speed at which they'll deliver.

I absolutely will try to avoid using DHL, Fedex or UPS when Canada Post or USPS is available.
With anything over $50 you have a 60% chance of it being taxed by customs via CPC or USPS.
With DHL, Fedex or UPS that is a given that you will be billed 100% of the time for brokerage fees and taxes, I don't know about you, but I don't particularly find paying $35-$42 for fees a good thing on a $50 order ...maybe that is the reason why they are processing your parcels faster simply for the money they make off it !

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I bet some of you bought already from Fasttech so I would like to know few details to see if worth. I want to buy two regulated mods plus some attys and other accessories. The order will be around 300 CAN. What would be the custom duty for such amount. No e-liquids and no batteries tho.
Also if I pay in CAN there is any extra charge? Also what is the safest method of payment.
Any input will be much appreciated. Thanx

Sorry, Excuse typos, I type very quickly and cant be bothered to fix ;)

Everyones different!
I've done about 40 FT orders, Never had a problem although one small package right now seems to gone awol but either way it will be sorted out in 2 months IF it doesnt show up at all before then.

I ALWAYS pay e-packets IF i want the package relatively soon.
If its something I was ASAP always pay the $2.50 or so.
IF you dont care and dont need it right away, now, since Xmas I have found that the free shipping goes though a different site than Canada Post for tracking and i hate it.
You cant track anything and items seem to take 30 days.

I will ONLY go that route if its just something extra I am buying that I dont need critically.

I USED to buy my mods from stores only.
Im tired of paying $60-$100 for mods that dont last all that long.
I am now picking up $30 type 40w mods that use 18650 batteries and for $30 I dont care if they only last a few months.
But i dot like paying $60-$80 for similiar quality.
I have had 1 iStick 50watt already bit the dust but because i bought it locally i exchanged it and a 2nd one appears to be doing the same but i have 90 days.
Had I bought from FT, id throw them away.
But that said, for $30 I dont care.

But i am about to go mech mod and purchase from 1 of the 2 Greek fellows that sell top quality mods for $150 etc so hopefully tat will put an end to cheap mods and i dont mind paying the money for such great quality. Especially when I recently paid $100 for a Seigeli 100W+ mod that does not impress me, yet i hear they are considered one of the better manufacturers.
For $50 more I could have got an art piece that would have lasted years so thats my new direction...

Always split your orders and pay extra e=packet if u r in a hurry or at least would like it before 30 days are up.
With an e-packet fee, I am in Toronto and look at about 9-13 days. Without it, much longer.

But if you do put your purchases together, invariably tere will ALWAYS be at least one item they are waiting for that will hold everything else up. If you are impatient, you will then become fed up, cancel and re-order thereby putting you at the back of the line all over again.
Just pay the damn e-packet, the prices are cheap enough, you arent paying tax and $2.50 is peanuts to relieve the stress it will have on you waiting 30 days :)

I would NEVER buy batteries, 18650 types and for that wil go CanVape or for other small items I cant necessarily get on FT but batteries, no matter the deal I would never buy from China, nor juice..nor cotton nor wire.

Strictly attys, parts, some mods but usually only ones that take 1850 batteries. I haven't ever ordered a mod with a built in battery at FT.

MOST IMPORTANTLY---BE CAREFUL GOING BY THE REVIEWS BUT BY THE DISCUSSION BOARDS which you will see listed beside the Reviews on each page.

I use the Review Numbers to tell me which products are most popular but find the guys with the real knowledge will dicuss it in every detail on the Discussion Boards, even letting you know if the deal can be found elswhere better.

Reviews for the most part are often written by overly enthusiastic purchasers happy their mail finally arrived but ask them for a review a month later and its likely different than wat you might see posted. Hence, I pay little attention to them other that to tell which ones are popular.
Any questions? Ask such in the Discussion side and I usually only wait minutes for the first answer to show up......LEARN which regulars in the Disccsion area you feel are best suited for you and pay close attention to what they say in any thread.

I just pay using my Interac Bank Card that has a Visa thing on it.
I wont use real visa cards for security reasons but the Interac card they can only take that one amount out.
Any Canadian bank will give them now even if you have the worst record because it comes right out of your account instantly so your record isnt important, in case you have bad credit OR no credit at all and are just starting out,
Anytime I cancel something, I often just put it into a gift certificate so the next purchase i make I use it again but I have twice put it back in my account and within 48 hours at the latest it was.

Thats all I can think of for the moment BUT watch those Discussion boards as there is a wealth of information in most of them. IF not and its not a new product, then it just means for one reason or another, no one seems to like that product :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread