Fasttech RBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
That is almost funny. As you were probably typing your post, I was tossing my clone in the garbage, for the same reason. I had a good coil, just checked it before filling the tank. But when I put the cap on, I was getting that burnt taste. Unscrewed the cap to check it, but ended up unscrewing the whole thing outta the base.
Drained the liquid and washed it up, but tried to unscrew the top of the coil and just couldn't get it loose.
Pulled out the wick for later, and dumped it. I bought two, so I still have one left, but its just too high maintenance.
send it to me. I'll take it. trust me, just a little loctite goes along way.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Why not use a bit of threading tape (not sure how is called i think is teflon). That will give you a sealed tight threading without the chemicals, i use locktite a lot in my RC hobby and that is a very hard chemic that can eat plastic very easy, i would never think on that in my tanks or vaping gear, or use CA (Cyanoacrylate) better known as super-glue or krazy-glue is safe for human, years ago when i was a cat groomer and vet assistant i use super-glue to glue back the cat after the grooming,, and glue myself , try to groom a cat and you will see.. LOL :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
send it to me. I'll take it. trust me, just a little loctite goes along way.

Sorry, its at the bottom of a bag of lord knows what. I'll try to remember if I should trash the 2nd one. I dont know that I'd like to loctite it though, as how would you clean it out without disassembling the coil?

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
thread tape would seal well, but it will also, insulate the ground that is necessary for the coil...
it should have come with proper o-rings for the center tube... that usually snugs it up enough to prevent un-threading of the tank portion.
but a poorly put together tank is the issue here, nothing else. many people use this clone, but not many have this problem.

I wouldn't publicly advise loctite as a solution on a public forum. someone who doesn't know better may actually attempt it, and accidentally get some mixed into their juice.... then who knows what might happen.....

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
Sorry, its at the bottom of a bag of lord knows what. I'll try to remember if I should trash the 2nd one. I dont know that I'd like to loctite it though, as how would you clean it out without disassembling the coil?

I can still slide the tube off. and loctite isn't forever.

thread tape would seal well, but it will also, insulate the ground that is necessary for the coil...
it should have come with proper o-rings for the center tube... that usually snugs it up enough to prevent un-threading of the tank portion.
but a poorly put together tank is the issue here, nothing else. many people use this clone, but not many have this problem.

I wouldn't publicly advise loctite as a solution on a public forum. someone who doesn't know better may actually attempt it, and accidentally get some mixed into their juice.... then who knows what might happen.....
this is true, but I should have put a disclaimer. I used a q tip and sparingly coated the threads. you couldn't even tell it was there. sometimes I forget that the people on this message board don't work with me. (I did it while I was at work)

so don't use loctite everyone!!!

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Woops yea, totally forgot about insulating the negative. So CA glue? Maybe? Or what about soldering with silver..

Mine is very rock solid, the very first moment i recived I took it apart to gave a super hot soapy clean before use and was very hard to unscrew hope to stay like that..

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

im waiting on these now, and the one with the glass body, looking at the pics of the glass one im not sure exactly how it functions yet , but i have the m4, m5 and nimbus clone been trying them out for a few days.
their little m4 phoenix clone is very well built and machined for 4 bucks and use it all day at work lately.
the m5 is 3 pieces and kind of reminds my of a side feed a7, works very well with a little opening of the airhole.
the numbus clone is freaking huge and dwarfs the igo-l while SS the cap is thin enough that drilling a second hole for dual wicks wouldnt be a chore. and a little finaggling of the wick made it kick much .....

for the prices i dont think you can go wrong with any of the RBA/RDA's at FT. they arent topshelf products but surprisingly well made for the prices.

Last edited:

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I just recived a 32g wire couple of days back, every single coil i build just popped out right away also, i just took the mesh and burned some more with my torch and like 3 times couples of drops and some fire, then my next coil stop popping out im still new on building coils but i manage to get one work at 1.9ohm is an airy draw but maybe is that im used to tighted draws on my devices,

Overall it vapes awesome as always that depend a lot on your build coil and i know i can get a much better coil, mine still changing resistance, happend a few time same coil reads 4ohm and and later .3 ohms.. Mmmm i think my next build im going to use a 3mm silica that i ordered with the khental.

ya i figured the factory wick was the culprit. ill try torching it and that still doesn't do the trick i'll just make a new wick ;)

bris1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
I just got one and am vaping on the stock coil now. measured 2.8 ohms which is ungodly high for me. Had to drill out the air hole a bit, but still not getting great vapor. I have it on ProVari mini to test and up to 5 volts so far and not very good vapor. I will most likely drill the air hole out to 1/8" and wrap a coil around .8 ohms and see how it vapes then. better quality than I expected for the price, though.

update on the chobra....drilled out the airhole to 1/8" and wrapped a .7 coil. vaping like a champ now. great vapor! Good deal for the money.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Update on my cobra clone,

WOW now i can say this thing rocks, i just trash away the mesh that came with it, put a 3mm silica down to the tank and 5 wraps of 32g kanthal endup with a 1.5ohm coil and is a beast, at 7.5w i just love it, exellent, in fact mine was at the sell/buy looking for trading for a RDA because i was a bit frustrated building coils on geny style, im gona close the trade and i will forgot about mesh the silica taste better and is a truble free build, no hotspot no blowing out wires, no metalic burn taste. So far no issue with wicking since the tank is full, i think i will start to tipping after half tank but i use a lot my vivi novas so no issue there to me. I would highly recomend this to anyone just trash away the mesh that came in and build your own coil..

2nd, i can't understand how the tank got unscrewed by removing top cap to the other friend here, when i took apart i was looking to every detail to se how that was posible. To take my tank seccion apart i need to take out the 3 nuts in the center pin then unscrew the top deck and all was very tight. So the long screw that goes from bottom to top have a flat head on bottom and 3 nuts on top, one locking nut one safty loking nut and a 3rd to hold the wire, so how da heck could be unscrewed without taking out those 3 nuts? The oring are a very tight seal and the tank holds very good,

The only con is no pyrex tank, but hey they are a couple of genys with plastic tank that cost $100 and up up and away.

Im using a semi flat driptip so is very easy to know were thw wick is and using it with the wick facing down

By the way i wish a smaller air hole, but is exellent no matter i have protanks also so im used to be switching frome airy to tight vapes.

jy5avu5e.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread