• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

FastTech shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatyB

Jun 30, 2013
North Carolina, USA
My first fasttech order was placed June 30, and I got it July 11. My second fasttech order was placed July 17. It got sent out five days later, and I had it in my hands on July 30. Pretty good track record, right? Well, I just placed an order on August 8. I was notified on the 17th that my order would arrive in two shipments for one of a variety of reasons. Then the package that was being sent didn't show as "accepted" in Hong Kong until Aug. 20. It got to San Francisco on the 22nd, and there it still sits. Meanwhile, my lost lonely little pink Vivi Nova that wasn't included in the order for whatever reason hasn't been shipped at all. The only thing I can say is that when I order from fasttech, I do so knowing that it could take up to a month. This last order included supplies for myself, my boyfriend, and two co-workers (including my boss!). I told them ahead of time that I could get them stuff really cheap, but it could take a few weeks to get. With that disclaimer, only one of them is getting antsy. And that's his own fault because he abused the heck out of a couple crappy clearomizers that finally gave up the ghost. Here in the mountains of NC, we would have to drive quite a ways for a B&M, so we rely on online stores. If you're ordering online anyway, you may as well buy in bulk from a company that can take awhile, but offers free shipping. Just have backup supplies, and don't wait until your stuff is gone/burned up/falling apart to place that order. At any given time, I generally have two or three orders placed and in various stages of the shipping process. It's like constant Christmas! If you're into that... ;)

KatyB

Jun 30, 2013
North Carolina, USA
UPDATE: Though my main shipment was showing up as stuck in San Francisco, it actually arrived in my P.O. box on Saturday. Great. Saturday. When my local post office is only open for two hours, and I didn't get word my package had arrived until after they'd closed for the day. Not to reopen until Monday. When I have to work 9-5, and the new post office hours are 9:30 - 4:30. I don't understand why some packages can be put into those special big boxes with a one-time-use key left in your P.O. box, and others are kept behind the desk where you have to present a notification slip to an actual person during business hours. Boy, I wish I could get mail delivery at my house. SMH :glare:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Got it. How it went with my first experience with Fasttech...

Ordered and the order acknowledged by FT 8/16
Shipped notification per FT 8/20
Actually received by Hong Kong postal 8/21
Left Hong Kong 8/23
Arrived San Francisco 8/23
Left San Francisco 8/24
Arrived my city 8/28 and was delivered to me the same day.

Bottom line: Total time 12 days, not bad - only delays was FT getting it out the door, USPS SF getting it one state east. I got what I paid for though... IMO the item is a $16.35 piece of junk that's machining is so poorly/roughly done it will take modding/finish work to be useable (if I bother with it at all).

The second order I placed with FT on 8/24 was acknowledged by FT 8/24... there has been no other communication from them at all since (6 days), no tracking, etc. So I assume it has not even been pulled/packaged yet or is out of stock.

Unfortunately, even if it does eventually show up it is a second of the same item in a different finish - so will also be a piece of junk.

I won't be buying anything from Fasttech again. I'll pay more and get more elsewhere.

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
Just a note regarding first order with Fasttech. NOT first order from China though.

Ordered on 8-19
VAMO for backup
Two batts also for more backup.

VAMO held up the order until 8-23, then received by HK on Air Mail Center on the 27th
Rec'd in San Fran on the 28th, departed next day 29th, yesterday
Out for deliver here in Texas today.

Overall, not bad at all. Better than expected. 11 days counting weekend.

I am pleased.

That is, if all is well when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread