• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech "Ships in 5 Days" is absolutely meaningless !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I know right?

I got in a little bit of a bind when all of my Ego Twists bit the dust in succession.
I had been using them for a couple of years.

Anyway, I ordered 3 more from fasttech and started using my backup istick Mini.

I had to endure the istick Mini for almost two months.
But eventually the three new Twists showed up and I've been good to go since.

It is what it is.
No use complaining about it.
How's the Istick mini for you. I've been wanting one since they first appeared. Just didn't need it and to cheap to buy something I don't need. Just last evening dropped my unloved Luggly in the mail to a friend who ordered a new mini 10w for in exchange. I expect the mini to fit my vape style (and shirt pocket) perfectly.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I've ordered from ft 6 times and not once has my package been shipped on time. This being said i will continue to give them my business bc i'm cheap. Though if i want the newest gear for cheap and alot quicker efun.top is great.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Some think being considered a cheap basta_ _ is a bad thing , nothing wrong with admitting it . I wouldn't start out mentioning that if your trying to attract potential dates though .

Reactions: Foggy Road

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I know right?

I got in a little bit of a bind when all of my Ego Twists bit the dust in succession.

Anyway, I ordered 3 more from Fasttech and started using my backup iStick Mini.

I had to endure the iStick Mini for almost two months.

It is what it is.
I know right?

Anyway, I ordered 3 more from Fasttech and started using my backup iStick Mini.

I had to endure the iStick Mini for almost two months.

It is what it is.
Ego twists, for years? You are blessed..

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
The one thing to keep in mind with FT and its supply is that its a first come first served type of deal. Esentially when you buy something that says ships in 5 business days your taking a ticket "In line." FT may have placed an order for overstock of the item, and you may be lucky to get it sooner than the 5 days, other times they dont receive a shipment on time, or they receive a smaller batch of inventory, and there is a gap between how many they have and how many orders there are. And this is where the ETAs and restocking come into play, as your waiting for the next shipment to arrive at the FT facility in order to satisfy your order. I look at FT much like how a deli counter is run, some days you can get right in there and get the first ticket, other times you're waiting forever for your ticket to get called.

FT does their business in a very odd manner to many from the US. It took me some time and a number of orders from there to start to really figure out how their whole system worked. Its not ideal, but the way they do things does help to drive their costs down making it cheaper for us in the end. Does it cause more of a headache? Oh hell yeah, but I can take a slight headache for some savings.

Also, FT has had a really hard time recovering from CNY this year. Seems they lost a lot of staff, and have not been able to bounce back. Customer service is backlogged, inventory is taking longer to get shipped out, it just seems there is no staff on hand right now to handle the backlog and sheer size of FTs inventory now.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Some think being considered a cheap basta_ _ is a bad thing , nothing wrong with admitting it . I wouldn't start out mentioning that if your trying to attract potential dates though .
Actually this is a common misconception. Women actually prefer a cheap guy. If you really think about it in the hunter gatherer way seems legit. The guy who hordes can provide better. Also my generation dosen't "date" but "hook-up". Even if it did come up in convo i'd say ya i'm cheap but the house and truck are paid for bc of it. Than they ask really and i reply ya stop over check out the crib it works for me at least.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Actually this is a common misconception. Women actually prefer a cheap guy. If you really think about it in the hunter gatherer way seems legit. The guy who hordes can provide better. Also my generation dosen't "date" but "hook-up". Even if it did come up in convo i'd say ya i'm cheap but the house and truck are paid for bc of it. Than they ask really and i reply ya stop over check out the crib it works for me at least.

Well i don't even want to comment on the current generation (thats how screwed up i think they are) but i will say your refreshing and a rare find .

I don't necessarily buy the below comment though:

Women actually prefer a cheap guy

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Well i don't even want to comment on the current generation (thats how screwed up i think they are) but i will say your refreshing and a rare find .

I don't necessarily buy the below comment though:
Well here's advice i got when i was young (16) from a friend. She was a model and use to guys buying her stuff and what not. One day she was showing me a ring a guy bought her and after told me "grant never buy a girl anything". I looked at her dumbfounded and asked what about on an anniversary. She thought about it and replied maybe idk. I asked her why and she explained it to me. That when a guy buys a women something the way they look at it is that they by themself aren't good enuff. So here's a gift to make up for my inadequacy. Some of the best advice and insight on women i ever got.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ive never had any issues with FT shipping my products... normally it was out the door in less than 24 hours... but as far as recieving my packages... that could take up to 2 weeks... USPS Customs have a tendancy to hold stuff for several days before releasing it...
Seriously now you must be special. I've never had an order out the door any faster than 5 days to a week and arrival time around 2 1/2 weeks to 5 weeks.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Seriously now you must be special. I've never had an order out the door any faster than 5 days to a week and arrival time around 2 1/2 weeks to 5 weeks.

Simply a difference in order types.
In stock, over $25 with Express Tracked shipping vs. Special shipping requirements or Least cost shipping of inexpensive non-tracked items.

I never order in less than $25 Value and always receive in 10-14 days.

If all I needed was Heads for a Tank, I'd order 4-5 Packs ONCE and be done.;)

Then there are those content to place $1-$3 Free shipping orders ............and................Wait.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Waited two months for my Leather Cuboid cases to get sent out, They tried to cancel my order twice and in the end I got better ones for same price as the cheaper ones I actually ordered never came in. Oh well I want them as much now as I did when I ordered them. I do not use my Cuboid as I have been waiting on the cases to protect it some.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I asked her why and she explained it to me. That when a guy buys a women something the way they look at it is that they by themself aren't good enuff. So here's a gift to make up for my inadequacy. Some of the best advice and insight on women i ever got.

I never thought of it like that , amazing somebody would think like that actually . Imo a guy buys for two reasons , either he really cares a great deal for her and wants to get her something to show her how much he cares OR he expects to get some action that evening .

Probably both .

I ran into a guy years ago that was so over the top in his thought process , he would always have a list showing what he expects based on what he spends , if he spent this much he expected the girl to this in return and so on , it was so ridiculous i busted out laughing when i saw it.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
6 days ago I ordered an eVic-VTC Mini from Fasttech. There website says that it "Ships in 5 Business Days" ... So, to me, my order should be shipping about now, but I have got no email from them saying it has shipped (or preparing to ship).

This continual "Ships in 5 Business Days" might go on for months for all I know.

Why can't Fasttech just be honest and say .... "We Don't Have This Item in Stock, and Have No Idea When We Ever Will" !

"Ships in 5 Days" is just pure BS !

Lol. So it is one day late. Man you need a new vendor.
I understand your frustration a little bit... but... its only one day man.
I ordered something from them on February 22nd. They said it also would ship in 5 days. it didnt. A few days after I sent an email. they said it would arrive at FT on March 11th. It didnt. Anyways. finally ended up shipping April 5th. Worst Ive had from them so far... and then singpost didnt even ship it out right away. Needed to wait a few more days for it to leave wherever it was coming from.

it now shows up as Dispatch from outward office of Exchange on Japan post... which means it probably has arrived in Japan and is sitting on a skid somewhere waiting for the staff to get to it. It should arrive at my door within a week.
Nearly 2 months after ordering an item that ships the next day. Its fasttech.
But again... if you come on here because your upset that your fasttech order is a day late.... .. you need a new company.
Also keep in mind its different time zones. so... if you ordered in the day, it was night there. And if you posted this in the day it was night. 1 day late is nothing to kick up a fuss over.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Simply a difference in order types.
In stock, over $25 with Express Tracked shipping vs. Special shipping requirements or Least cost shipping of inexpensive non-tracked items.

I never order in less than $25 Value and always receive in 10-14 days.

If all I needed was Heads for a Tank, I'd order 4-5 Packs ONCE and be done.;)

Then there are those content to place $1-$3 Free shipping orders ............and................Wait.
I've ordered over $25 every time, Express shipping all but one order which had batteries. Several orders all on stock. The times are as I quoted above. People who buy your "10-14 days" to arrive after placing an order for even in stock items are almost certainly going to be disappointed. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: daviedog

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
I have ordered from FT several times. I always make sure it is an in stock item. I have seen too many posts about products taking 6 weeks to ship. I have had every order shipped within 24 hrs but once it is out of their hands it has always taken 4 weeks to get to me in Kansas. I have had orders come through Los Angeles and New Jersey from them, it always seems to take about a week in customs once it hits the states. Although one of my orders got hung up in Los Angeles for 3 weeks for whatever reason. After the first order I figured out that just not ordering anything I need now from them and I would be good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
ANY "ships in XX days" means they are at the mercy of some delivery - and it's going to be an estimate. If that item is something you're not willing to wait a while for, skip it.
When I order stuff that's "in stock" I always get it in a fairly reasonable amount of time - considering it's free shipping and from China. Like under 2 weeks to west coast.
You can also split out orders, so "in stock" doesn't get stuck waiting for the "ships in XX days" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread