• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
It doesn't hurt Bob ....I've been one for a while (seeing it used to be 60) ;) ...not an OAP though ...merely 'of pensionable age' :)
Ah! but I have been taking a company pension since April 2012, yesterday just makes it Official for my Government one (65 for the gentlemen amongst us) :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Ah! but I have been taking a company pension since April 2012, yesterday just makes it Official for my Government one (65 for the gentlemen amongst us) :laugh:
You'll get the winter fuel allowance too! I just got notice of my share today! (we get £100 each) :)
My husband retired at 62 with a company pension only 15 years old, and we did worry about things working out until he was 65, but all was well.
I got mine at 60, but I never had a private/company pension, and in the early years had opted for a lower NI stamp, not realising the implications.
So all I get is under £300 per month. That's why I need to find my concentration & drive again with my work!

Is all well with you? :)

Reactions: e-pipeman

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
You'll get the winter fuel allowance too! I just got notice of my share today! (we get £100 each) :)
My husband retired at 62 with a company pension only 15 years old, and we did worry about things working out until he was 65, but all was well.
I got mine at 60, but I never had a private/company pension, and in the early years had opted for a lower NI stamp, not realising the implications.
So all I get is under £300 per month. That's why I need to find my concentration & drive again with my work!

Is all well with you? :)
Been getting the WFP for 5 years now - I got quite a good payout on my company pension, opted for the large lump sum and an equalised pension (can't think what the correct name is) but it meant that I got a higher pension from 2012 until I get the State one and then the company one reduces by the amount that the State one is, so keeping me at roughly the same amount, friend who moved to Belgium who took same deal says that the company one will reduce by less than the State one so should be a little bit better off - will wait and see in 4 weeks time...

As far as myself - not too good have had ear & nose infection, and was also losing both weight and water (dehydration) - got meds for the infections which are slowly clearing up, but appears blood sugar is way too high, 18 which later dropped to 16.3 then 15 the latter after having an insulin injection, been prescribed 2 weeks Metformin, have to see own GP on Wednesday to get referral to Diabetic clinic up the hospital - to confirm type 2, unless I can get it down to normal level, which knowing my liking to sweet things will be very hard to achieve

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Been getting the WFP for 5 years now - I got quite a good payout on my company pension, opted for the large lump sum and an equalised pension (can't think what the correct name is) but it meant that I got a higher pension from 2012 until I get the State one and then the company one reduces by the amount that the State one is, so keeping me at roughly the same amount, friend who moved to Belgium who took same deal says that the company one will reduce by less than the State one so should be a little bit better off - will wait and see in 4 weeks time...
Always pleases me to hear of people who are comfortable after retirement! Having no personal pension, I saved like mad during the few years before my husband retired. Since then, we've relied on my earnings to keep our living standard the same despite inflation esp. since the recession, so not a lot of saving done since then apart from when ISA's offered better interest!

Been way too much going on for me/us this past 16 months, and took a long time to start recovering properly. Past few weeks have been the best I've felt since summer 2015.
Having this great lump of a puppy has been a delight, and very time consuming too - does nothing to encourage me to work, and of course these months are very important to how she develops. She's 22 weeks old tomorrow, and growing rapidly at present.
She seems to have made a big difference ...time will tell, but fingers crossed the auto-immune ailments stay away or more or less controlled.

As far as myself - not too good have had ear & nose infection, and was also losing both weight and water (dehydration) - got meds for the infections which are slowly clearing up, but appears blood sugar is way too high, 18 which later dropped to 16.3 then 15 the latter after having an insulin injection, been prescribed 2 weeks Metformin, have to see own GP on Wednesday to get referral to Diabetic clinic up the hospital - to confirm type 2, unless I can get it down to normal level, which knowing my liking to sweet things will be very hard to achieve
I hope you can control it yourself rather than add a complication to your health. I like sweet things too at times, but manage to keep them to a minimum. We tend to have a 'naughty' desert as a treat now and then. Makes it more special - we had a lovely small Christmas pudding with thick cream last week :laugh:
Keeping to fresh fruit salads and low fat yoghurts this week!

Sorry to hear about the infection - I can be prone to sinus troubles, so know how painful it can be. I put a few lbs. on when I was on steroids for 2.5 months last winter, and those lbs. have never gone! Suppose if I tried harder, they would, but I can't eat as many large Tuna Caesar salads or green leaf vegetables as I used to (too high in fibre). As long as I don't need to buy a bigger size in clothes, I'm not worrying overly!
I'm always being told off by the doctor for not drinking enough water now - managed to drink a lot for some months after I'd been in hospital (always added some lime juice or 1/8 Lucozade.) Haven't had an 'iffy' blood test result though for some months now.

I wonder, does the sugary content of e-liquids get absorbed in the same way as sugars in food?

Hope you can get the problem under control and sorted out easily - you had enough problems in the past year or so as it is! :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm always being told off by the doctor for not drinking enough water now - managed to drink a lot for some months after I'd been in hospital (always added some lime juice or 1/8 Lucozade.) Haven't had an 'iffy' blood test result though for some months now.
I'm not fond of plain water so always have some Robinson's Orange Double concentrate to make it taste better
I wonder, does the sugary content of e-liquids get absorbed in the same way as sugars in food?
Dunno, same question raised in the local cafe, but I doubt it because vape goes to the lungs, whereas carbs/sugars go to the stomach and it's there that the pancreas adds the insulin (or doesn't for type 1)

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I had a good reason to know I'm now officially an OAP

The government has informed me i will not be of a "Pensionable age" until i am 67,kind of them.

Belated Happy Birthday Bob,should have remembered from last year your two birthdays fall on the same date.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I'd almost given up on this one,when the tracking stopped.3 weeks in Shanghai.
Capture.PNG

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm not fond of plain water so always have some Robinson's Orange Double concentrate to make it taste better
I've never been a water drinker as such - prefer a nice cup of tea! But, I kept getting poor blood test results for liver function this time last year, so did drink at least two large beakers of flavoured water each day. All is well now, so I don't bother ...but should.

Dunno, same question raised in the local cafe, but I doubt it because vape goes to the lungs, whereas carbs/sugars go to the stomach and it's there that the pancreas adds the insulin (or doesn't for type 1)
For me, I get more in my mouth and nose as I try to prevent too much getting into my lungs because of the breathlessness it can cause. I still absorb the nicotine, so I reckon sugars too.

The government has informed me i will not be of a "Pensionable age" until i am 67,kind of them.
You'll get there George! :)

Latest shop closing that i know of,received an e-mail this morning,is Vapehype.
If anyone needs the 30% code let me know.
Yes, I saw that: BYEVH - I wanted some Charlie Brown Admirals Got cookie - but they have none! I did get some elsewhere though ...just not with the discount.

I find it really sad that businesses I've known of for almost 3 years are closing.

I got 120ml of Beard #88 yesterday from two different sources! :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Not good, and even worse for those younger who might have to work until they are 70
Belated Happy Birthday Bob,should have remembered from last year your two birthdays fall on the same date.
Thanks, shame the other birthday boy is no longer on here, as Ian was also on the same date.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
You'll get there George! :)

If they'd have told me,when i was duckin' and divin' around the South Atlantic for them.i'd have told them where to go :D

Thanks, shame the other birthday boy is no longer on here, as Ian was also on the same date.

Don't want to sound a miserable git,but it worries me what might have happened there.I'm sure he'd have let us know,one way or another.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
If they'd have told me,when i was duckin' and divin' around the South Atlantic for them.i'd have told them where to go :D
Early 80s ? FI & SG ??
Don't want to sound a miserable git,but it worries me what might have happened there.I'm sure he'd have let us know,one way or another.
Was a bit weird, especially as he also disappeared from UKVapers after trying to get help with making mods.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Not good, and even worse for those younger who might have to work until they are 70

I do feel sorry for people who plan towards retirement and look forward to it, only to be told they're stuck for more years. To be honest, not everyone could carry on their job at that age!

Our eldest is a police officer, and in his field, required to pass either regular fitness tests, plus the odd training course for various reasons (computer programme related stuff for example), and pass a one week re-training course every 3 months.
Most hope to make a new career with something else - but if they have to work too late in life, they probably won't get to do that. They still don't get state pension until the correct age either.

Goodness knows what they'll do with the ageing workers who find the pace or conditions a bit heavy going!

It seems unfair to expect people to work into old age. I think everyone deserves some work-free years of general younger age and better health if they can (and want to).

It's nice if you enjoy your job - I did enjoy my work, but found what I was best at 26 years ago thankfully. With this, it doesn't matter to me what age I am as long as I could work ...makes me miserable not to be working properly yet, but I do keep trying ...just my concentration keeps wandering! Seem to have lost the momentum I had before I was ill.
I'll get there one day - I'd better ....my own monthly pension is way too small for a start!

I often do think of him - seemed odd to just stop posting so suddenly. Still, could be all sorts of reasons.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Happy Birthday Bob :) Have trouble remembering my own these day`s let alone anyone else`s :laugh:
Talking of Ian, funnily enough i was thinking about him the other day. The only thing i can think is that maybe he had an accident making Mods, and was perhaps too embarrassed to come back and say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread