• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The only thing i can think is that maybe he had an accident making mods, and was perhaps too embarrassed to come back and say.
He never struck me as a person who would be embarrassed by something like that - still, we just don't know. Suppose there's always the possibility he 'fell off the wagon', or suddenly found forums too time consuming on his time off?

An Apocalypse v2 rda and some pretty fancy looking coils,called Smuttons(Aliens)
View attachment 617737
You wouldn't want to be fiddling about making those!

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Not sure i could :unsure: The peepers are failing.
I've seen all sorts of little machines coming on the market ,to help with the winding.Battery powered drills,really.
My peepers are worse than they were ....got a pair of specs that are varifocals ....good for computer distance at the top, good for closer easel distance at the bottom!
OK with glancing at TV either with or without those specs, but to watch TV clearly, I need to change to a pair of distance specs! :facepalm:
I got two pairs a year ago, and thought the price was complete...got a shock to find both sets of lens cost on top!
Went to a different optician this last summer, and for an even lighter weight varifocals pair paid half the price!

Apart from painting, I've never had patience with anything remotely fiddly - making coils has never appealed to me, no matter what they invent to assist! :D

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Scratching Me Mellon Now :?: :laugh:
Oh! :laugh: When I click that link, I do still get the post I was wanting to show you - basically, this is what someone said about the Kreeds Mellow Morning concentrate when made up into liquid:

Quite a punchy coffee espresso flavour and a dynamite mix with the soft, sweet brown sugar and cream. The bitterness of the coffee does linger which is lovely too.
Balance of flavours is excellent.

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Oh! :laugh: When I click that link, I do still get the post I was wanting to show you - basically, this is what someone said about the Kreeds Mellow Morning concentrate when made up into liquid:

Quite a punchy coffee espresso flavour and a dynamite mix with the soft, sweet brown sugar and cream. The bitterness of the coffee does linger which is lovely too.
Balance of flavours is excellent.
Thanks Trish, but i reckon i`ll just stick with my Lews Brew :) I made another 100 ml up earlier as i fly through the stuff :laugh: Something i did notice recently is that on the bottles of concentrate, it states mix at 20%, but on their site it still say`s 24%, so i`ve opted for a stronger brew this time :) Can`t do any harm !

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Thanks Trish, but i reckon i`ll just stick with my Lews Brew :) I made another 100 ml up earlier as i fly through the stuff :laugh: Something i did notice recently is that on the bottles of concentrate, it states mix at 20%, but on their site it still say`s 24%, so i`ve opted for a stronger brew this time :) Can`t do any harm !
That's OK -just thought I'd show you it in case you hadn't seen it.

This is what it says about percentages for Chefs on the original list:
Lew's Brew - 20-30%
Mint Choc Vapetto - 25-35%
I always use the MCV at 35%, so you using 24% of the Lew's Brew should be fine :)

The variation will be mostly for PG/VG ratios in the base I think - lowest being for with higher PG, the higher percentage for higher VG.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Happy birthday Bob! And thanks to all for the kind wishes. I'm pleased to report that much beer was consumed! :)

Bob - if you are diagnosed with Type 2 and they put you on Metformin ask for the SR version - it's a lot kinder on the stomach as it is released gradually.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
My peepers are worse than they were ....got a pair of specs that are varifocals ....good for computer distance at the top, good for closer easel distance at the bottom!
OK with glancing at TV either with or without those specs, but to watch TV clearly, I need to change to a pair of distance specs! :facepalm:
I got two pairs a year ago, and thought the price was complete...got a shock to find both sets of lens cost on top!
Went to a different optician this last summer, and for an even lighter weight varifocals pair paid half the price!

Apart from painting, I've never had patience with anything remotely fiddly - making coils has never appealed to me, no matter what they invent to assist! :D

Ordered some varifocals a couple of weeks ago. I'm on bifocals at present so hopefully this will give me a little more flexibility. My specs always tend to be a bit pricey because I like Transitions lenses - but I wear them all day, every day so they're an "essential item". :)

Reactions: Pictor

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
It's been a bit taters outside today - very wintery indeed!

I went for a walk up the lane today(i do every day,just a brisk mile and a half)and thought to myself it was the first day that really smelled like Winter,if you know what i mean:?:

Reactions: e-pipeman

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It's been a bit taters outside today - very wintery indeed!
It was white frost this morning, but during the day and evening was even colder yesterday.
I do love the sharp blue sky and sun days in winter.

I've been getting circulation problems in my fingers since I was ill (never did ask exactly what about colitis was causing it, for all the doctors all asked me if I was getting it!) so have got some Thinsulate Mark Todd leather gloves for when I'm out with the dog, and also a Hot Rox energy store to pop in my pocket to warm my hands when they eventually get cold!

Ordered some varifocals a couple of weeks ago. I'm on bifocals at present so hopefully this will give me a little more flexibility. My specs always tend to be a bit pricey because I like Transitions lenses - but I wear them all day, every day so they're an "essential item". :)
I'd never had them before, and worried as my Dad had an awful time getting used to them, but I found them easy ...but then, they're both for a form of close-up work plus reading books, so no quick shift from reading to distance with mine.
I can wear them up to perhaps 10 hours a day, and the distance ones 1-2 hours.
I've always paid a bit more for them because I need lightweight in frames and lens as I get pain in sinuses and around eyes otherwise. The ultra-lightweight lens are expensive, and the titanium frames can be too. The ones I have are Silhouette and light enough, but another optician this summer had a lesser known brand of frames (Superlite) and some thinner lens - cost half the price.

I went for a walk up the lane today(i do every day,just a brisk mile and a half)and thought to myself it was the first day that really smelled like Winter,if you know what i mean:?:
After the earth and leaf smell of Autumn, there's nothing like it ...more an air & wood smell :)
Even that puppy of ours noticed the different smell in the air one morning late September. I love seeing all her 'discoveries'.

Reactions: e-pipeman

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Which are the best? I recall trying the chocolate one, and wanted to try the cookie, but never did.

I like Nipple juice and Callicustard.(which i've ordered)
Another good one is $5 Shake,but it ain't there:cry:
This guys take on juices is very different.So it's not going to be the usual Mothers milk and Vanilla custard.Quite different.
Nice thing is SCV only mixed at 60/40,it'll be good to try them at a higher VG.

Edit:I found the $5 shake on another page

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread