• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Now that's a good idea! I'll try the spare glass tank tomorrow. Thanks for the helpful pictures and "O" ring info - much obliged. :)
You're welcome. Hope it helps.
I refilled mine last night, and had a closer look - I can't see any other O rings, but if you look inside at the top of the 'shell' outer covering, right up at the top there's what appears to be a black (on my red one) rubber seal between the shell and the mouthpiece/chimney ...I suppose there's always a chance that could be a faulty seal - but there again, why would it cause leaks :unsure:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Tried the other glass tank today - no leaks! The one "fitted" must've been a bit faulty. Many thanks Pictor! :)
So glad it worked! :thumb:
Apart from a fault in the shape or structure of the glass, I did wonder if a piece of debris of some sort had got between the thicker O ring/seal and the glass (I think these rings perhaps aren't replaceable - at least not yet) - whatever, it seems OK now.
If there's nothing visible with the actual glass part, when you can be bothered, give it all a good wash & dry and try the original glass again.
Did you turn that glass upside down to how it had been originally at some point? If there was a minor fault on the opposite end, it may not have shown a problem at the top, but at the bottom seal, it could have done ...just a thought.

By the way - where can we get spare glass tanks from?
I can only see them abroad at the moment, but no doubt they'll appear here eventually.
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Aspire-Nautilus-2-Replacement-Glass-Tube-2-ml.html

$2.32 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Aspire Nautilus 2 Clearomizer (2-Pack) 2-pack - authentic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$2.32 Authentic Vapesoon Glass Tank for Aspire Nautilus 2 Clearomizer (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also, you could contact Aspire themselves :)

Reactions: e-pipeman

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Haunted House :nah: Doesn't taste like Castle Long to me.
Shame! ....wonder if any of the clone recipes come close - some seem to get decent feedback from those who tried them. I've seen a few recipes for it. Thing is, I seem to think there's a fair number of flavours used - puts me off if I see a list as it seems a waste if it doesn't work.

Reactions: Brynglas

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Shame! ....wonder if any of the clone recipes come close - some seem to get decent feedback from those who tried them. I've seen a few recipes for it. Thing is, I seem to think there's a fair number of flavours used - puts me off if I see a list as it seems a waste if it doesn't work.

You gave me a recipe Trish,but it seems a bit complex.Don't really fancy buying 5/6 different concentrates,just to try it out.

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You gave me a recipe Trish,but it seems a bit complex.Don't really fancy buying 5/6 different concentrates,just to try it out.
Exactly! There's 5 in the MCV, but I already knew it would work and that I'd like it (a lot) - so I make at least 105ml of concentrate each time.
An unknown recipe would be a different matter!

Sensible US companies should all be producing bottles of concentrate for the growing DIY market here and in Europe! Looks like we'll be able to buy 10ml bottles nicotine, so would make life easier for them exporting.

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Tried the other glass tank today - no leaks! The one "fitted" must've been a bit faulty. Many thanks Pictor! :)
I almost gave up on my N2's today! First one bought in the UK, suddenly started giving me 'check atomiser' each time I tried to use it after a coil change ...tried another coil, got the same.
Of course usually, 'check atomiser' means the coil has come loose ...with a trusty old type tank, that can be fixed without much fuss, but not these. You just filled it, and the atomiser came loose while putting it back together ...all the new liquid gone! Except the atomiser wasn't loose, but changing it again still results in some lost liquid (Can't easily save it all) - only to get that same message again. More lost liquid checking the atomiser, and then it gets left aside in disgust!

Move on a few days after I've started using the second one (FT) with no problems, and yesterday, it grinds a bit as I'm screwing it back together. Lose the liquid in order to give it a thorough clean, and try again - still a bit of resistance, but it screws on eventually (or so I thought) today I'm aware of a sticky mess on my fingers and I see the tank is leaking from the air holes! Half an hour and it's still leaking, so I yet again lose some liquid, clean and check the threads where it screws back together - no visible problem or damage, check the coil is sitting properly and screwed in firmly.
Still a slight resistance screwing it back together, but working it back and forth suddenly gives, and it works ...then leaks again. I opened the pack of new coils from Vape Club and it works after it settles down. I do get a little leakage at the air holes, but not much.
I just refilled it again, and had the same problem .....worked OK after a little gentle persuasion putting it back together, but it means it's a pain to refill or change a coil. Not sure if the FT one is poorly engineered or has a fault. It looks authentic but is a very slightly lighter shade of red......:unsure:

So then I turn attention to the first one with it's dodgy atomiser problem. I decided to dismantle it and save what I can of the liquid in the tank. I gave it a good clean and used one of the new coils in this one - it's working!
Held my breath that it would still work after being refilled ...and it does!

I've decided that my old stock of coils bought for the Nautilus Minis which I haven't used for a year or so, are not working well with these new ones. That explains why FT have both listed on their site. There's no way (for me) to tell any difference, but I'll stick with the N2 listed ones in future. Got 3 more packets on the way.

There's no way these tanks are 'clean' to fill or change coils. Plus, the one that wouldn't fire was laid on it's side yesterday and leaked a little!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I got mail today: a veritable goody bag from UK Ecig Store Clearance liquids - mostly stuff I already know I like (2 types of Beard, 1 Vaping Outlaws and 2 types Brewell ones), but also a couple of others that I've meant to try for a while, and once offered at a very good price, decided to do just that (1 each Milkman Pudding, Donuts, and Fizz Crema).

Hoping the three new ones are good! :)

I see Chefs have taken down the 'Vapours' Site stating they're making changes, and 'more info coming soon'. Wonder what that may be!

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I got mail today: a veritable goody bag from UK Ecig Store Clearance liquids - mostly stuff I already know I like (2 types of Beard, 1 Vaping Outlaws and 2 types Brewell ones), but also a couple of others that I've meant to try for a while, and once offered at a very good price, decided to do just that (1 each Milkman Pudding, Donuts, and Fizz Crema).

Hoping the three new ones are good! :)

I see Chefs have taken down the 'Vapours' Site stating they're making changes, and 'more info coming soon'. Wonder what that may be!

What's the Brewell strawberry like Trish,Good?

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
What's the Brewell strawberry like Trish,Good?
I like it - got two spare bottles and 1/3 left from my first one. It has a creamy warmth ..the sort you'd expect from a thick condensed milk and cream mixed if that makes sense. It's not too sweet, and the strawberry is typical of fruit whipped into the cream mixture.
I have the Almond Caramel one too - again, a very creamy condensed milk/cream with the other flavours - rather nice!

Vapemail 4x30ml Breezy Shake & 5x50ml Anarchist
I've just been looking at Anarchist White (cream and graham cracker) sounds good! May just take a chance on it.
Have you used any of the Anarchist ones Bob?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I almost gave up on my N2's today!
Sorry to hear about the leaking. Mine doesn't most of the time with the new glass in - but sometimes the body of the mod feels faintly tacky. This looks like airhole leakage to me. I can't fill it much more than half full if I want to be safe. This is not a problem I ever had with the N Mini. It's a shame, as the vape is marginally better imho than the Mini - a little more flavour. I'm still on the atty I started with, though, so heaven knows what will happen when I try a different one!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sorry to hear about the leaking. Mine doesn't most of the time with the new glass in - but sometimes the body of the mod feels faintly tacky. This looks like airhole leakage to me. I can't fill it much more than half full if I want to be safe. This is not a problem I ever had with the N Mini. It's a shame, as the vape is marginally better imho than the Mini - a little more flavour. I'm still on the atty I started with, though, so heaven knows what will happen when I try a different one!
Thanks! I must admit, I almost threw both of them.
They do taste better, but where the Nautilus Mini had it's quirks, so have these. Never managed to refill or change coil without needing a clean piece of kitchen paper and washing my hands. Now, with that one where it refused to fire, I screw it back on the mod, fire it briefly to check, and then fill it and screw the body on.
The other one seems to have got over it's roughness on the thread, and is behaving better. It often has the coil screwed into the top though when opening to refill etc.
They're OK - just not brilliant. Still, they're better than the CL tank I got which leaked all the time.
I won't try my old coils in them again though.

I wonder what else will appear that's 'leak proof' :rolleyes:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I like it - got two spare bottles and 1/3 left from my first one. It has a creamy warmth ..the sort you'd expect from a thick condensed milk and cream mixed if that makes sense. It's not too sweet, and the strawberry is typical of fruit whipped into the cream mixture.
I have the Almond Caramel one too - again, a very creamy condensed milk/cream with the other flavours - rather nice!

I've just been looking at Anarchist White (cream and graham cracker) sounds good! May just take a chance on it.
Have you used any of the Anarchist ones Bob?
White is Marshmallow & Graham Cracker, I've tried them all except the Black, which was in the mail and like all of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread