• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Sigelei query - my Sigelei mini started getting a blurred display at one end a few days ago, and it's now crept to the whole display ...anything to be concerned about?
I wouldn`t worry about it Trish, sounds like the LCD is packing up. Still usable if you leave your settings as they are and not bothered about checking battery state etc :) But having said that it could just explode :laugh:
In all seriousness though, it probably is just the LCD dying, so maybe just retire it and use as a back up :) Got loads of them now :lol:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
So what are these penguins like.

Great with a cuppa :lol:
penquin.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I wouldn`t worry about it Trish, sounds like the LCD is packing up. Still usable if you leave your settings as they are and not bothered about checking battery state etc :) But having said that it could just explode :laugh:
Of course it will Terry :unsure:
In all seriousness though, it probably is just the LCD dying, so maybe just retire it and use as a back up :) Got loads of them now :lol:
OK, thanks - shame as I really like this mod - something about it, and the red finish is lovely. I do know what it's set at, and when the battery is in need of recharging, it stops working :laugh: ...and yes, my little stash does have a fair number of 'spares', including a black Sigelei. (Not as nice as the red one though). I actually have the Pico still unused too.

So what are these penguins like. Let's have a mini review people?
They do what it says in the blurb really - very easy to use, can be bought with an 8.8ml cartridge/tank, the coils are an oblong 'plug' that fits in the base once the tank has been filled ..and off it goes. No wattage to worry about as it regulates itself. Draw isn't adjustable, but you can partially cover the inlet with your fingers in use ...and the drip tip is incorporated, so not changeable for a narrower one. All in all, quite good really. 0.6 ohm coils (or 0.25)
$24.79 Authentic Joyetech Atopack Penguin 2000mAh E-Cigarette Starter Kit - 8.8ml / 0.6/0.25ohm / 50W / all-in-one / innovative JVIC system / quick charging at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$7.15 Authentic Joyetech ATOPACK JVIC Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 0.6ohm head for mouth-to-lung at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Great with a cuppa :lol:
Yes, there is that too! :thumb:

Vaping Rejuiced Mamas Custard with Caramel. The Caramel musn't be that strong as all I can taste is Mamas custard yet mixed 50/50.
Some aren't as good as others sadly.

Think Terry has it covered :)
Thanks Bob - I've always liked this Red Sigelei Mini, but it's lasted a good while in daily use :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
It probably depends on what liquid you use - probably a little longer than the Kanger, but not by a huge amount.
I don't tend to use mine as an all day every day either usually, so not 100% sure.
The coils need careful priming else they will not last very long, I believe they have to be primed in 3 different places, in fact good priming is essential for all coils to stop them burning at the 1st hit.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Difficult to prime the Kanger V2 dual coils as the wick is internal to the design. I just let the tank stand for 5 minutes to prime a dual coil.
If you mean the Aerotank style, then quite easy to prime, just a drop on each juice hole and a couple of drops down the chimney (the latest ones have bigger slotted juice holes)

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Yes- I really wanted to try the Honey Porridge concentrate (ready made is only available in 50/50) ...shame really.
Still, not as upset about it as they must be at whatever problem has caused them to close down so suddenly.

I ordered a few of the easy mix bottles and a box of 18 nic shots from Darkstar.(about the cheapest i could see,18 x 10ml of 18mg.Worked out to 88p per shot).

Reactions: Pictor

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
How long do the Penguin coils last?

I seem to get about 20ml of 30/70 and the taste starts to go.
But as Bob said you really do have to make sure they are fully primed.If they are not and the batt is fully charged,they will burn.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The coils need careful priming else they will not last very long, I believe they have to be primed in 3 different places, in fact good priming is essential for all coils to stop them burning at the 1st hit.
Yes, it can be a bit fiddly depending on the bottle used, but I sometimes use something else that has a narrow nozzle or dropper (Often a handy cookie one). The taste soon disappears once it gets the one I'm actually using into it - reminds me of the first Nautilus coils ...they needed a good soaking before they could be used.

Difficult to prime the Kanger V2 dual coils as the wick is internal to the design. I just let the tank stand for 5 minutes to prime a dual coil.
A tiny drop does disappear into the holes.

I ordered a few of the easy mix bottles and a box of 18 nic shots from Darkstar.(about the cheapest i could see,18 x 10ml of 18mg. Worked out to 88p per shot).
I ordered a few concentrates and one easy drip in 70/30. I realised later that I'd also stupidly ordered a bottle of 0mg Honey Porridge - it didn't state 50/50, and I only realised what it would be after placing the order ...I emailed and asked them to remove it, or send some concentrate if they could spare it.
I'll probably buy some of the Darkstar shots ...still have a few that I got a while ago from one of our 'friendly' retailers.

I seem to get about 20ml of 30/70 and the taste starts to go.
But as Bob said you really do have to make sure they are fully primed.If they are not and the batt is fully charged,they will burn.
I remember you saying about the approx. 20ml before the taste starts going - had forgotten that when Banger first asked. Only once did I forget to prime a coil, and it not only tasted dreadful, I couldn't 'save' it.
Mine needs a fresh coil in it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread