• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Never mind the mouse ..what about Mrs Slocombe's 'creature' :laugh:

Thanks! Nice of you :)

Oh ..hadn't noticed that ..no doubt plenty more to find too! I did see something with games called arcade! :confused: We have time to play games now? :rolleyes:

It's all a bit odd for now! Also, does the forum not have different options for colour now. It's a bit bland in white.

It's chasing the mouse :laugh:

Games - no thanks, that annoys me in FB - also the quote button has gone missing in the reply box, so you have to manually put them in at the beginning and end - or try and figure out how this silly multi-quote thingy works

I've had a quick look and can't find anyway of changing it

Click + Quote Bob and take it from there, i`ve just messed me melon up doing it :lol:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I am currently second place in the arcade ( space invaders ):thumbs: But having said that i am Last :lol:
Ha-ha! :laugh: Never mind! ......space invaders! Tch! ...whatever next ......

Games - no thanks, that annoys me in FB - also the quote button has gone missing in the reply box, so you have to manually put them in at the beginning and end - or try and figure out how this silly multi-quote thingy works
I think I understand it now ...you click on each post 'quote' button you want to multi-quote/reply to, then at the reply window, you click on the 'insert quotes' underneath the window at the left. Then on the pop-up window you tell it to use those and it places them all in the window! :facepalm: ...takes an extra click to preview the posts too!

I've had a quick look and can't find anyway of changing it
Oh well, I'll get used to it I suppose ...I really don't like change when something's working fine as it is :)[/QUOTE]

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Click + Quote Bob and take it from there, i`ve just messed me melon up doing it :lol:

NO, I was talking about when you are in the reply box like I am now typing this, you used to be able to select a line or two of text, then hit the little quote button and it would automatically fill in the "quote" bit at the beginning and the "/quote" bit at the end in the square brackets

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
NO, I was talking about when you are in the reply box like I am now typing this, you used to be able to select a line or two of text, then hit the little quote button and it would automatically fill in the "quote" bit at the beginning and the "/quote" bit at the end in the square brackets
Well would'ya believe it! I never even knew about that! :facepalm:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
NO, I was talking about when you are in the reply box like I am now typing this, you used to be able to select a line or two of text, then hit the little quote
button and it would automatically fill
in the "quote" bit at the beginning and the "/quote" bit at the end in the square brackets

I see how to do it. Highlight your text and then click on the square box with lines on it to the right of the 'Media' upload button ...click 'quote' inserts the quotes! :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
you click on each post 'quote' button you want to multi-quote/reply to

something's working fine

This is the bit I was trying to work out, multi-quoting bits of messages - You highlight what you want to quote and tiny box comes up with quote/reply so you hit reply to just do one or quote if you want to do more, then when you have got all the bits that you want you hit the Insert quotes, and a big box comes up with all the quotes, you can then rearrange them / alter them or put them in the reply box ready for you to add your replies to

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I see how to do it. Highlight your text and then click on the square box with lines on it to the right of the 'Media' upload button ...click 'quote' inserts the quotes! :)

Ah! The button that says Insert when you hover over it - I thought that was to Insert something - DUH!

Reactions: Pictor

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
I'm still getting leaking from the base of the Mini ...air holes and the seal too. I've tried it at 14W and no different. Had very little problem with the Nano ..a tiny bit that seems to get on the actual base of it, but not enough to get in the pin socket.
I'd ordered another Mini from FT - they were 7 days to despatch, and I decided I'd cancel it until I see what's causing the leaking ....before I could go and do that, I got a despatch email :laugh:

For trouble free, I can't beat the eMow tanks! Still, I'll persevere with the Subtanks! :)

I've probably missed a chunk of this discussion as haven't been on much, but did you try checking the o-ring at the base was in the right way round? I've seen people comment that theirs came with it installed incorrectly as it's flat on one side and rounded on the other I think.

I get a tiny bit of leakage out of the base somehow (might just be condensation though) which creeps though the 510 pin onto the 510 of the mod I'm using. It's so little it shouldn't matter though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also not sure what I think about this new forum lark. Started reading through and trying to find the quote button for a couple minutes before I realised I wasn't even logged in, the change must've logged me out. doh.

Rebuilt my lemo and lemo drop yesterday, used muji ... cotton in the exact same way as I had been using some other japanese cotton I got from that vape mesh place that is good for wire, and the muji wicks much better. I think bob has some of the other that doesn't do so well.

Where do you guys get your ... cotton from? I've only got a small amount of muji and will be looking to find some more. Same stuff as the cotton that comes with the subtank mini I believe, I've only got that little square you get with it and another larger square I ordered from inawera for 17p as an experiment in my last PG/VG/nic order I did from them.

Reactions: trouble1000

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
You were up late Bob! I'm off now ..

So were you :lol:, my SO won't go to bed earlier than about 02:00 because she sleeps in the chair watching TV, so I end up having to stay up as well, although sometimes if I am feeling really tired, I will just leave her down there and go to bed.

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
Trish, I'm still having leak problems with my subtanks and I'm almost certain it's the bottom seal now. On close inspection looking at the top side of the seal with juice in, I can sometimes see a small air bubble sitting there so if air is getting in....
As for the parcel, today I just received a small package sent from England to England with a post stamp of the 10/04/2015 on it, so you may still get yours.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Also not sure what I think about this new forum lark.

They've moved a few things around and renamed some, but most of what we had is still there

Where do you guys get your ... cotton from?

eBay or Amazon, I got my few pads of Muji from Stealth Vape

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Just saw this:

NEW eFest IMR Battery Li-Mn 35Amp 2800mAh | Grey Haze ECig Store

and while I found other places online with pictures of a new wrapper design, it looks like grey haze have just used tip ex on the 5 in 2500 from the older battery to make it a 8. :?::facepalm::thumb:

EDIT: interestingly it says it is 35A continuous and 80A pulse. I'll believe it when I see a proper battery test...

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've probably missed a chunk of this discussion as haven't been on much, but did you try checking the o-ring at the base was in the right way round? I've seen people comment that theirs came with it installed incorrectly as it's flat on one side and rounded on the other I think.
I think it's flat, but I'll change it for the spare one later ..so I'm glad you mentioned that!

I get a tiny bit of leakage out of the base somehow (might just be condensation though) which creeps though the 510 pin onto the 510 of the mod I'm using. It's so little it shouldn't matter though.
I haven't had that ..yet!
I find it odd that it doesn't leak all the time - I often take a look and it's fine - other times I get a sticky finger and of course, it's leaking a bit! Doesn't make any difference if it's full or not, nor the wattage I use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also not sure what I think about this new forum lark. Started reading through and trying to find the quote button for a couple minutes before I realised I wasn't even logged in, the change must've logged me out. doh.
I did exactly the same! Could see they'd been posting but couldn't work out why I couldn't find any reply buttons :facepalm:
I always stay logged in too, so had to search for my password (Must say, that little search bar on the 'start' button of the computer is very handy!)

So were you :lol:, my SO won't go to bed earlier than about 02:00 because she sleeps in the chair watching TV, so I end up having to stay up as well, although sometimes if I am feeling really tired, I will just leave her down there and go to bed.
I'm often up after all of you have gone for the night ..trying to get a bit more work done in the peace of the night. It's fine, but I get woken up at 10am every day.
I can, and usually do/would, sleep 8 hours, so 5 isn't enough for me.

Trish, I'm still having leak problems with my subtanks and I'm almost certain it's the bottom seal now. On close inspection looking at the top side of the seal with juice in, I can sometimes see a small air bubble sitting there so if air is getting in....
As for the parcel, today I just received a small package sent from England to England with a post stamp of the 10/04/2015 on it, so you may still get yours.
I'll have a close look to see if I see any bubbles - not the easiest part to see though.

Seems there's hope yet for the coils ...hardly dare rely on that thought though!

They've moved a few things around and renamed some, but most of what we had is still there
It's the 'clunkiness' of the multi-quote that I don't like, and the personal pages/info seems to have more levels to look at - has it all been designed for small screen devices?
Anything that involves more 'clicks' and pages is a step backwards to me.

Just in time so you cannot complain, 1st class used to mean, and they still advertise it as; next day delivery - but look at the finer print and they say it can take up to 15 days.
15 days!? I didn't know that - thought it was something like 10 (which to me, is bad enough anyway).
I got an email from RM yesterday stating the small parcel charges are dropping (a little) ....then it goes on to state that stamps are actually going up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread