• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
@terry w

Hey Tel!
Have you tried a Ni build in a KF4?
Was thinking of trying today but thought i'd ask first.
I have read it's not great because of flucuating readings,but i have upgraded the springs in both of mine.

No upgraded spring, Infinite KF4 on Yihi SX Mini with 0.06 ohm Ni-200 - no problems whatsoever, was built on 3rd May and is on it's 4th tankful (Bell tank) of my Capella Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy (last of the 10ml that I made, so now going to have to make up some more).

Can't remember which size wire I used but probably 28 AWG 5/4 wraps @ 2.5mm dia

I pinned them round both posts on each side so making sure that the contacts were good.

Last edited:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
o_O How many wraps?
5/4 George :lol:
All that is, if you are unaware is, when you wrap a coil if you looked at it from the top you would see 5 turns, but at the bottom you would see 4. It`s just because your leads are on opposite ends. Hope that makes sense, if not bob can explain.:laugh:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
5/4 George :lol:
All that is, if you are unaware is, when you wrap a coil if you looked at it from the top you would see 5 turns, but at the bottom you would see 4. It`s just because your leads are on opposite ends. Hope that makes sense, if not bob can explain.:laugh:

Ah! i understand.
I'm running at .06 on the sx mini but i didn't get away with that few.Mind you, they are not spaced wraps.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
o_O How many wraps?

What was that Bob, .05/.06?

As Terry said 5/4, when you have the legs on the same side you would have 4 wraps, but then to get one leg on the other it is 5/4 wraps, so what you do is 4 wraps then bring the wire round another half wrap to get it on the other side, that's for 0.06 ohm with 28g wire and 2.5mm diameter

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
As Terry said 5/4, when you have the legs on the same side you would have 4 wraps, but then to get one leg on the other it is 5/4 wraps, so what you do is 4 wraps then bring the wire round another half wrap to get it on the other side, that's for 0.06 ohm with 28g wire and 2.5mm diameter

Right,next time i rebuild a KF4,shall have a go.
Knew the principle,didn't know the term:)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
:laugh: ....you know what I think I was doing: trying to pull the metal cage down & out rather than the glass! :facepalm: Next time I think a bit of investigation/seal changing is necessary, I'll try that!
Glad to help, when you put it back together twist the glass back on to the cage- it helps to stop the seals getting pushed out of place :thumb:

All just within regulations, no doubt!
Does well to bear in mind just who is looking out for your wellbeing.

I could go on a rant about the regulations, but it won't change anything :(

Unless idly rich, it's one of life's misfortunes! :laugh:

I can always dream of the option not to work :laugh:

I do like the look of the black v2 versions. I've saved them in my wishlist for future reference :D

There are far more costly obsessions! :)
I got a bargain this weekend: a late Ming small oil/wine vessel for under £10! ...will be nice to use in a piece of work!

She's proper high maintenance my Missus :laugh:

That is a good buy Trisha. Great to pick up a bargain.

Sorry, but they are coming to spain with me. :laugh:

Kinky :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks Ian, see you when i get home. :)

I bet you can't wait. No holidays for us this year. We're having new front and back doors fitted instead. That's costing a few quid, so holidays will have to wait for next year.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Capture.PNG

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Glad to help, when you put it back together twist the glass back on to the cage- it helps to stop the seals getting pushed out of place :thumb:
No wonder I couldn't get it to budge! I'll try to remember to twist it when I put it back together again ...why are things always easier to dismantle than re-build :laugh: ...although in my case, I haven't had much success yet dismantling it! :facepalm:

I could go on a rant about the regulations, but it won't change anything :(
Aint that the way of most things!

I can always dream of the option not to work :laugh:
Yes, you can dream........

I do like the look of the black v2 versions. I've saved them in my wishlist for future reference :D
I have lots of things in mine :rolleyes: :lol:

She's proper high maintenance my Missus :laugh:
Anyone with the means can pay full price for things - getting something for a good price, especially something unusual, is rather satisfying!

That is a good buy Trisha. Great to pick up a bargain.
It is - it's tiny compared to a large one I have, and I'd never seen one of it's type that small before.
Won't mention the finishing price of the Chinese vase I didn't get - was way off the mark with that one!

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Who are Evkoo?

You don't want to know them Trish.....Chinese company who don't post for weeks,if at all.

(Posted to show something is happening)

It'll take a while to fill your bulk order 'tho :w00t:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Probably me being slow,but i've only just noticed the price match function at FT.Has it always been there? :unsure:
And the other thing you can have your parcels marked with an alternative sender,a Mr Chen.

Must admit I've never noticed it either...

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You don't want to know them Trish.....Chinese company who don't post for weeks,if at all.
(Posted to show something is happening)
It'll take a while to fill your bulk order 'tho :w00t:
No bulk order - got plenty of these things, and not even that sure I want/need to use TC for a lot of the time.
Definitely don't want to know any company that aren't 'excellent'.
I see a UK site lists them: Eleaf iStick TC40w – Temperature Control | Realvapes.co.uk

Must admit I've never noticed it either...
When I saw the original post, I meant to go and look - I've never noticed it. ...and why the need for 'Mr Chen' :unsure:

They went on my "DO NOT USE AGAIN" list first before GearBest
'Nuff said! :thumb:

Reactions: trouble1000

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread