• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Terry what exactly's gone on your subby,the airflow contol ring on the bottom of the base?
Or something with the rba?
The airflow ring George, just spins freely now. I am using it right now and it still works ok, i can still adjust the airflow etc, just don`t like it spinning freely.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Reactions: Pictor

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Brilliant, Thanks George. It will save me buying a new tank that, and i`m not bothered about it being a plus.

No probs mate.
Think you have misread my post the other day 'tho Terry.
The mini plus is actually the new rba mate,got two big holes in the sides of the chimney.
Great wicking and flavour,great improvment.

Kanger-SUBOX-New-RBA-vs-Old-RBA.jpg

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
No probs mate.
Think you have misread my post the other day 'tho Terry.
The mini plus is actually the new rba mate,got two big holes in the sides of the chimney.
Great wicking and flavour,great improvment.

View attachment 475414
Ah, they are what i was looking at earlier @ FT. The clones have got some crappy reviews, but the authentics do have some good ones. Worth the upgrade then would you say george, even though i only vape 50/50 ?

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Ah, they are what i was looking at earlier @ FT. The clones have got some crappy reviews, but the authentics do have some good ones. Worth the upgrade then would you say george, even though i only vape 50/50 ?

Well i was vaping snake oil on the standard rba Terry,althought it's 50/50 it's a bit of a funny 'un.
Burnt taste on every 5/6 draw.
Stopped completely with the plus.Obviously with the different holes you have to wick differently.Wick doesn't go down towards the base,rather than that fans out over the holes in the side.It amplified the flavour considerably aswell.
I ordered another with the rest of my F.T order but they are only 6 quid from myepack(£4 at ft)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
From Landline & Mobiles only 0800 & 0808 are free, 0500 which is being phased out by sometime in 2017 is still free from landlines, everything else is payable unless you get it as part of your allowance, BT & Plusnet give 01,02,03, 0845 & 0870 (some exceptions) depending on the package, I pay a fiver for the Anytime package (those last 2 it is only the access charge that is free, you still have to pay the service charge, which is the amount they now have to show on adverts)
I'll need to read through the info at Zen again - they have some that are included and some that aren't ..I generally just try to avoid such numbers if I can.
I pay £17 per month which includes line rental and 5000 minutes of calls ...not that we ever use anywhere near that! :laugh:

Nah Trish, i may as well just forget about it and see if i can get a replacement base. Failing that, i might just get a new subby Plus to try out. On that note, thinking about it, i could buy one of yours if you`re not getting along with them.
See how you get on with the new base you get- I have a couple of unused ones if you should still want one in the future.

A bloke who i used to drink with had the right idea !! Throw your curtains in the morning, and thats what you`ve got. :)
What a scientific notion! :D

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Well i was vaping snake oil on the standard rba Terry,althought it's 50/50 it's a bit of a funny 'un.
Burnt taste on every 5/6 draw.
Stopped completely with the plus.Obviously with the different holes you have to wick differently.Wick doesn't go down towards the base,rather than that fans out over the holes in the side.It amplified the flavour considerably aswell.
I ordered another with the rest of my F.T order but they are only 6 quid from myepack(£4 at ft)
Well i think i am convinced :laugh: Just doing a quick calculation now. So it would be around 30 quid for 4 rba`s and a base from my e pack, and about 21 squid from FT. I think my e pack has won that one. :thumb:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
But Very True ;)
Yes, it is! The morning rain promised by the weatherman didn't actually arrive until around 3-4pm ..pouring down now!
I've been horribly weary this past few hours ...was falling asleep at 9pm. If I manage to stay alert for another hour or so, I'll get an early (for me) night. If it's raining in the morning, I'll get to sleep until late morning if I can because Soph won't be going for a walk. Soph doesn't mind rain too much for a few minutes, but the little one takes one look and backs up through the door again!
What does Maya think of rain?

Talking of the lovely creatures - this is one of the Osprey chicks that found itself on a perch where a camera is - makes me smile!:

CKyD-_mWIAAUJPr.jpg:large

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Well i think i am convinced :laugh: Just doing a quick calculation now. So it would be around 30 quid for 4 rba`s and a base from my e pack, and about 21 squid from FT. I think my e pack has won that one. :thumb:

Just buy one with your base mate and give it a try.
(Mind you if you like it and return = double postage.)

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Yes, it is! The morning rain promised by the weatherman didn't actually arrive until around 3-4pm ..pouring down now!
I've been horribly weary this past few hours ...was falling asleep at 9pm. If I manage to stay alert for another hour or so, I'll get an early (for me) night. If it's raining in the morning, I'll get to sleep until late morning if I can because Soph won't be going for a walk. Soph doesn't mind rain too much for a few minutes, but the little one takes one look and backs up through the door again!
What does Maya think of rain?

Talking of the lovely creatures - this is one of the Osprey chicks that found itself on a perch where a camera is - makes me smile!:

CKyD-_mWIAAUJPr.jpg:large

She absolutely hates it Trisha, been following her little puddles all round the house today because she won`t go out in it :lol: Wait till she is a bit bigger, and she will be kicked out though. :D Nice pic of the birdie :)

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Just buy one with your base mate and give it a try.
(Mind you if you like it and return = double postage.)
I just put four in my cart alongside the base. was great till i got to checkout and postage and tax was added. Jumped from just below £30 to nearly £37 WT F
EDIT: Just got them from FT and saved myself £16.00 :thumbs:

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Beautiful :)
To think, they aren't more than 2 months old yet, and before long they'll fly off to Africa until next spring. They were flying around and up quite high yesterday - not sure if they've learned to fish yet though.
Looks a lovely area for them too.

She absolutely hates it Trisha, been following her little puddles all round the house today because she won`t go out in it :lol: Wait till she is a bit bigger, and she will be kicked out though. :D
We were surprised that little Georgia made no fuss of going out in all weathers from the start - rain, cold, snow ...until this past year - now she's reluctant! I had to stop her coming back in three times tonight until she obliged!
Pity Maya isn't used to a newspaper if she needs to go indoors - Georgia had been used to that, and it was useful at night when she was still young.
Nice pic of the birdie :)
Yes, nice isn't it - they're still a bit clumsy, but are beautiful in flight already.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
We were surprised that little Georgia made no fuss of going out in all weathers from the start - rain, cold, snow ...until this past year - now she's reluctant! I had to stop her coming back in three times tonight until she obliged!
Pity Maya isn't used to a newspaper if she needs to go indoors - Georgia had been used to that, and it was useful at night when she was still young.
She was used to newspaper Trish, but when we more or less got her fully house trained we stopped using it. Might be a good idea for when it`s raining though. :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
She was used to newspaper Trish, but when we more or less got her fully house trained we stopped using it. Might be a good idea for when it`s raining though. :)
She probably hasn't forgotten :) ...I'd mostly persevere with the rain though or she'll have you doing that for a long while if she can get away with it :laugh:
Nice to put it near the door though for if you don't notice her go there.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Very nice Trish.
I always prefer the look of a Scottish castle,quite different from the rest of the U.K
One of my favourites is Eilean Donan,used for the filming of many movie scenes,including parts of Highlander.

Haha visited the Isle of Skye a few months ago and stopped on the way back to have a look at that and it was covered in scaffolding! Very picturesque!

I was just looking at the mini plus decks, and if i`m honest i think i will just stick with the V1`s, after all i have never had any problems with them. ;)

V1's are fine on 50/50 and 40/60 juices Terry.
But above that i found they were struggling to keep up.

I'm intrigued by the new rba deck but to be honest as terry said if it ain't broke don't fix it. Used upto 70vg juices with my original rba deck and it's been fine. Probably the tank I get the fewest dry hits from, as in hardly ever and when it happens it's just a hint of dry and after giving it a few seconds to catch up its fine.

Interested in that UD Goblin mini. Let us know what it's like mate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ordered some concentrates from chefs, anyone tried any of the following:

Flavour Junkie Old Forest
Flavour Junkie Summer Days
Chefs Choice Caribbean dreams ?

Got some more pink spot pink spot too as I'd finished it and it was really good. Out of stock on queen of puddings so some more of that will have to wait til next time...

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Haha visited the Isle of Skye a few months ago and stopped on the way back to have a look at that and it was covered in scaffolding! Very picturesque!
Can't say I ever saw an ancient castle with scaffolding! :)

Ordered some concentrates from chefs, anyone tried any of the following:

Flavour Junkie Old Forest
Flavour Junkie Summer Days
Chefs Choice Caribbean dreams ?

Got some more pink spot pink spot too as I'd finished it and it was really good. Out of stock on queen of puddings so some more of that will have to wait til next time...
Haven't tried or got any of those Adam.
I saw a couple of odd named ones in the Rebranded recently: Dancing Unicorn and Green Goblin ...some descriptions would be useful :laugh:

Reactions: Bobw1951
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread