• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
That annoyed me too, Terry. You have two choices - leave your pc on and wait until tomorrow , or - I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I made a few posts ago. :)

Haha honourable gentleman!

I opted for the upgrade when it first appeared - and my Win 7 machine is still not asking me to upgrade...not that I want to yet on that until I have checked it out on the lappy

Mine is 8.1 and it wasn't asking me to reserve with the get windows 10 app in the toolbar. I ran windows update to install a load of non essential updates (mine is set to only install important updates automatically) and after that it appeared and I've reserved it. Shall leave my laptop on all day in the hope it downloads windows 10.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Haha honourable gentleman!

Mine is 8.1 and it wasn't asking me to reserve with the get windows 10 app in the toolbar. I ran windows update to install a load of non essential updates (mine is set to only install important updates automatically) and after that it appeared and I've reserved it. Shall leave my laptop on all day in the hope it downloads windows 10.

Just tried to do the update on my Laptop, tried pipey's way first using the wuauclt.exe /updatenow method - nothing happened, so then I inserted my USB key with the files on it, ran setup.exe and it appeared to be updating the system, got as far as the 1st restart and it then restored my old Win 8.1 OS failing with an error code 0x8007025D - so laptop back to how it was o_O

Reactions: Pictor

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Just tried to do the update on my Laptop, tried pipey's way first using the wuauclt.exe /updatenow method - nothing happened, so then I inserted my USB key with the files on it, ran setup.exe and it appeared to be updating the system, got as far as the 1st restart and it then restored my old Win 8.1 OS failing with an error code 0x8007025D - so laptop back to how it was o_O

That's bad luck, Bob. When you run the command it looks as if nothing's happened, but if you go to Windows Update it should show it downloading there.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
That's bad luck, Bob. When you run the command it looks as if nothing's happened, but if you go to Windows Update it should show it downloading there.
Nope it was showing nothing in the Windows Update panel, I'm going to bring the laptop upstairs where I can connect it to a wired network as I think it may have corrupted some of the downloaded bits over the WiFi, but might leave that until tomorrow or Saturday

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Windows 10 launched

How to upgrade to Windows 10 and get your new licence key

Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can get Windows 10 for free, here's how to upgrade and avoid any pitfalls READ MORE ▸

How to clean install Windows 10 and create boot media

We show you how to install Windows 10 from scratch on your PC or laptop, plus how to create an install DVD or USB flash drive READ MORE ▸

All the best Windows 10 features and how to use them

Everything you need to know about Windows 10 with step-by-step guides READ MORE ▸

Windows 10 Mobile review - hands on

Windows 10 is coming to mobile phones later this year. Here's what to expect READ MORE ▸

Windows 10 downloads to slow down the entire internet

Expert warns of huge strain on internet as Windows 10 upgrade surge begins READ MORE ▸

Windows 10 How to ...

How to add users in Windows 10 and enable parental controls

If more than one person will use your Windows 10 PC, each person will need their own account. Here's how to get them set up READ MORE ▸

How to create a backup (and restore it) in Windows 10

Setting up a backup is a vital first step on any operating system. Here's how to do it in Windows 10 READ MORE ▸

How to replace the six features missing from Windows 10

During the upgrade to Windows 10, you could lose up to six of the features you're used to from Windows 7 and 8. Here's how to replace them READ MORE ▸

How to use virtual desktops in Windows 10

Virtual desktops are a great way to keep your applications organised in Windows 10 READ MORE ▸

How to set up and use Mail in Windows 10

Windows 10's Mail client is powerful and has some useful extra features - here's how to set it up READ MORE ▸

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

Still no go on downloading it your way, don't know why, tried making a DVD and it failed to verify it, so file must have been corrupt that I downloaded last night, so downloaded another copy to my desktop, copied it over to where I keep my files, but this time I cut the DVD using the copy on the desktop and it verified okay, Win 10 now installed on the laptop and although it is still nothing like Win 7 it definitely looks better than Win 8 & 8.1 - I only had a few programs on the Laptop and it didn't complain about any of them, it didn't like ClipMate being on the taskbar though so have had to move it on to the desktop, which I'm not too keen about.

Haven't really had time to have a play with my programs yet, maybe over the weekend...

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Looking around chefs,not noticed this before.....

Organic Red Cotton - ChefsVapour
I was looking at it a while back George, but i held off after reading about the native wicks :) Back to win 10, the icon they sent me, which was in my taskbar for ages has now disappeared. I checked my updates, and there is a little banner there what says to reserve your copy of win 10 click here. But nowt happens when i click it :laugh:
I may just have a look at Trishes links to see if i get anywhere.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I was looking at it a while back George, but i held off after reading about the native wicks :) Back to win 10, the icon they sent me, which was in my taskbar for ages has now disappeared. I checked my updates, and there is a little banner there what says to reserve your copy of win 10 click here. But nowt happens when i click it :laugh:
I may just have a look at Trishes links to see if i get anywhere.
Try opening up Windows Update and see if there is anything there, or right click on the banner and see if it gives any other option

Reactions: terry w

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Looked into everything Bob, maybe it just doesn`t want me to have it :laugh:
I've decided to leave it alone until I need a new computer - just don't want any additional 'stuff' to cope with at the moment!
Hope you get it sorted soon Terry.

I have 80mls of 12mg MCV that I want to reduce to 6mg.
Think I've got it right, but I like to double check ;)

upload_2015-7-31_0-49-50.png

Reactions: terry w

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Looked into everything Bob, maybe it just doesn`t want me to have it :laugh:
On my Win 7 Desktop in the Windows Update if I look at "View Update History" it shows it tried to give me the update on 29th and 30th but it failed both times, not that I want it yet on the Desktop :laugh:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I have 80mls of 12mg MCV that I want to reduce to 6mg.
Think I've got it right, but I like to double check ;)

What are you adding to it to reduce it, suggested would be 80mls of 0mg MCV, because what you are showing is 160mls of zero nic that has 35mls of flavour which is not what you want.

Last edited:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
On my Win 7 Desktop in the Windows Update if I look at "View Update History" it shows it tried to give me the update on 29th and 30th but it failed both times, not that I want it yet on the Desktop :laugh:
This is what it shows on my updates Bob...Like i said if i click on reserve nowt happens at all. Maybe i already reserved it and forgot, dunno, can`t remember !
Capture.PNG

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
What are you adding to it to reduce it, suggested would be 80mls of 0mg MCV, because what you are showing is 160mls of zero nic that has 35mls of flavour which is not what you want.
Not quite getting that - I have 80mls of some ready made 12mg, and will make some flavoured zero nicotine to bring it down to 6mg ...did I get the 160mls total to add wrong?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Not quite getting that - I have 80mls of some ready made 12mg, and will make some flavoured zero nicotine to bring it down to 6mg ...did I get the 160mls total to add wrong?
The correct way to use the calculator for nic reduction is to put the higher amount 12mg in the nic base box and 6 mg in the target nicotine level, Amount to create can be any figure - best to use 100 normally, then zero for water & flavour because you already have flavour mixed in, it will then give you the percentages of each to use like this:

Capture.PNG

As this actually comes out as 50% then whatever the amount of 12mg you have, you will need the same amount of 0mg in this case 80ml of each.

as for making up the zero nic then you should have put 80ml not 160ml in the amount to make box, otherwise you would be adding twice the amount of flavouring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread