• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Don't bin it without trying it. It tastes of fruit just weird and unappealing to me, you might like it though. I'll report back when I've tried to work some mixing magic on it.
OK :) ....my use of fruit on it's own is not very often, and it's rare I find one that doesn't either bore me or annoy me after a while :laugh: Most of the fruits I like are with dessert types such as puddings, cream and custard.

The most realistic blueberry I've had is inawera blueberry. It tastes like an actual blueberry, possibly very slightly like a slightly under ripe one but definitely pleasant and definitely realistic. It's strong even for inawera standards, I've tried using it in mixes with other things and with just a few drops in 10ml it dominates other flavours, so it doesn't work well mixed with anything subtle.
I don't mind slightly tart fruit flavours, because I don't eat fully/over ripe fruit. I may try the Inawera!
I often wonder if blueberry would be improved with a few drops of blackberry or blackcurrant.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I think anything >70 is good, especially when you hear of others going at <50, trouble is the older we get the more we see going before us...
True, and I try to keep an open mind as my Mum was 67 when she died, yet my Dad 86, and had he had better treatment faster, may have lived a good while longer.
I seem to have in the back of my mind that if I pass Mum's 67, I may get a fair bit more! :laugh:
Around 50 is just tragic, and sadly will apply to a family friend in the not too distant future.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
True, and I try to keep an open mind as my Mum was 67 when she died, yet my Dad 86, and had he had better treatment faster, may have lived a good while longer.
I seem to have in the back of my mind that if I pass Mum's 67, I may get a fair bit more! :laugh:
Around 50 is just tragic, and sadly will apply to a family friend in the not too distant future.
Not much difference in my mum and dads ages Trish mum 70 and dad 84. I`ve seen quite a few of old school mates dead in their 30`s and 40`s, never mind 50`s !

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Not much difference in my mum and dads ages Trish mum 70 and dad 84. I`ve seen quite a few of old school mates dead in their 30`s and 40`s, never mind 50`s !
that's why I put <50, I went to a couple of funerals last year where they were younger, and they were all younger than me that went last year

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Not sure Terry. "Natural causes" is actually a bag of illnesses. Which one you get is a bit of an unlucky dip.

Don`t want any myself Pipe :laugh:

That or a stroke possibly.

Yeah ! she was great as a singer in the 60`s Bob, but other than that i didn`t have time for her. In any case, god rest her soul. :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
My Mum died last November at the ripe old age of 90 (nearly 91). No way that I want to live forever, but then I don't hope that I die before I get old. I suppose that when it comes then you just have to not deal with it.
I'm not really bothered when I go, as long as it is fast, I would hate to be either in great pain or in a vegetative state.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
youthenasia :laugh:
surprised-smiley-emoticon.gif

Euthanasia

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Not much difference in my mum and dads ages Trish mum 70 and dad 84.
Doesn't matter how old we are either ..still miss them!
I`ve seen quite a few of old school mates dead in their 30`s and 40`s, never mind 50`s !
Well, this one I'm thinking about may be still in his 40's ...whatever though, it's sad.

Not sure Terry. "Natural causes" is actually a bag of illnesses. Which one you get is a bit of an unlucky dip.
My first thought was embolism ..but speculation is no good.

My Mum died last November at the ripe old age of 90 (nearly 91). No way that I want to live forever, but then I don't hope that I die before I get old. I suppose that when it comes then you just have to not deal with it.
Yes, if only we could just live until we start to 'drop stitches and fall apart at the seams', and then just fade away in our sleep.

Don`t want any myself Pipe :laugh:
I've always said that if I fall off my perch whilst working, then no-one should feel sad.
Yeah ! she was great as a singer in the 60`s Bob, but other than that i didn`t have time for her. In any case, god rest her soul. :)
It was in the 60's that we liked her. On the TV shows, not at all.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
A mates wife died with one of them Trish, sat on the bed and gone !
I know such things are a shock for those left behind, but once they think about it, they must surely see how, if it was time, better be something fast ...I know I'd prefer that for me and anyone I love.

It was all that lorra lorra stuff what used to wind me up.
Us too - not wanting to speak ill, but once the TV series began, she seemed to be reminding me of Ken Dodd! Didn't watch much of those programmes at all.

Reactions: terry w
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread