• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just thought I would try a steel build in a v1 subtank rba, appeared to go okay on the Yihi SX Mini M, after about 5 puffs the leg burnt off, took it out rebuilt another using same type coil 5/6 27AWG and never mind how I tried I couldn't get the hot legs out - another failure, getting a headache so given up for now, might try again tomorrow in a proper rda, but not until I have built one using this Clapton Coil wire.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Only reason i mentioned it is,the dude on the label of Bob's juice bottle is Gilligan.Who was shipped wrecked on a desert island and had to live off all the tropical friut.So,that's what the juice will probably taste of. :)
Yes - association. I see a number of them with names that are familiar from another item to give indication of flavour.

Another issue is 100-2000 over the counter. You have to be particular about brand as maybe 40% of that is absorbed on a healthy individual with a good supplement. Afaik if you're severely deficient you have to be absolutely bombarded with it to make a difference. Over the counter daily doses wont get you back up but will maintain after restorative process
Been taking supplement vitamins for some years now, and have been fine until recently. Had a lot of stress with various 'stuff' in the family though, so that is never good. They'll all have to stop getting ill, and also doing life changing things - give me a peaceful mind!

Im a do what you want kind of guy. To the extreme. So long as it doesn't affect any one else detrimentally
I'd go along with that philosophy :thumb:

On the vitamin D I'd be shocked if anyone currently residing in the uk met current US standards. Particularly monoethnic whities like me. We just don't get the sun or the diet
I'm not an olive skinned type, so pretty much 'white' too.

So far today i've cut a hedge and cleaned a load of windows.I know how to celebrate ;)
Thanks Terry and Trish
:) ...you really must stop all this wild celebration George! ;) ...as long as it's a good day, don't matter what you do.

They do it as a complete chewable tablet, missus usually breaks it in half as they are quite big, and why are you buying it, get doc to prescribe it, it's free for you, she is also on iron tabs as well now, as you get older you need all these extra supplements,
Yes, some supplements are very good. I hadn't thought about on prescription unless a definite deficiency shows.

although I would draw the line at ADs unless absolutely necessary, I don't even like taking painkillers unless a pain gets unbearable.
Same here - don't like any long term meds unless absolutely necessary. Finding tricyclic's the next step for IBS, I refused and found a suitable alternative.
Seems most pharmaceutical prescription drugs have associated side effects that need balancing with the effectiveness for their purpose. In some cases, it's just not worth the risk.
Most recent I've looked at are those used for colitis, and there are some definite side effects, so I'm avoiding them if I can. Flare ups seem to calm eventually. As such, I do take 65mg iron every day until it does.

I feel the same way about pain pills but have been taking them more on than off for the last 16 months.
In fairness most people would be on way more with what ive got going on i just talked to a friend of a friend who was off work for six weeks and bed ridden die to a herniated disc.
Our son had a damaged disc after a rear shunt caused impact into his spine from protective clothing. After a year they decided to get a scan and send him to a private hospital and he had the disc removed. During that previous year, he was put on lots of drugs including Prozac and Diazepam to relax the nerve causing the pain!

In some cases, such as yours, making the pain bearable is essential.

But dictirs here - its gey hard toneven get a prescription and then when you do you have to justify it to the pharmacy who still may refuse you half the time. If fir example you filled at boots one month and then six weeks later filled at the grocery
Its getting insane.
Things get more restrictive in many areas every day. Didn't realise you had Boots!
We don't have a problem with pharmacy's as doctors prescriptions are usually respected - only time they'll query it is if they think there's been an error in drug or dosage.
Local pharmacy's tend to keep a record of customers prescriptions too.

It does sound like you need them at the moment - just got to be careful what they give you and whether there is an addiction possibility
I never take anything, or even give our dogs anything prescribed until I've read up on it and seen exactly what it is and what it does, side effects etc. Sometimes doctors forget to mention some details.

Reactions: Brynglas

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
It does sound like you need them at the moment - just got to be careful what they give you and whether there is an addiction possibility

Think it is probably an over zealous employee thinking the postage (done on a pitney bowes type machine) wasn't enough, so their revenue protection got involved, and to stop anyone else querying it, they stuck the stamp on it, but it's the first time I have seen it.
Otd defibitekubsddictive. Physically. I will withfmdraw if i dont stop the right way. As far as winding up needjng it mentally I'd hope nkt but you never know.. Rock / hard spot

Im. So frustrated my vapemail still isnt here.. Fasttech is shipping so slowly right now and its not transit time its prep time to ship. I've learned to pay the shipping and buy as you go rather than try to save a couple bucks

-*Plese excuz any iPone-tyos

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Cheers Marcus, I`ll have a peek :)

Edit: Ordered from Myepack :) I was thinking of just getting a new tank to replace the subby, but seeing there isn`t much choice, i thought i would just keep this. Hopefully this next base won`t be a dud like Ft`s was !

Last edited:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Otd defibitekubsddictive. Physically. I will withfmdraw if i dont stop the right way. As far as winding up needjng it mentally I'd hope nkt but you never know.. Rock / hard spot

Im. So frustrated my vapemail still isnt here.. Fasttech is shipping so slowly right now and its not transit time its prep time to ship. I've learned to pay the shipping and buy as you go rather than try to save a couple bucks

Must be hard for you but hopefully your SO will help you once you have had your operation, then perhaps you can get back to a normalish life.

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Does anyone know where i can get a replacement Sub Mini Base in the uk ? Preferably the V1 with the 3 holes and slot. I can`t seem to find any doing a google search.
It's annoying when they change versions and don't support people who prefer the older version, think the MyePack one should at least work, if you find it too airey, go down to the next lower setting, or even halfway between them so that you only have half of the biggest ones open.

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
It's annoying when they change versions and don't support people who prefer the older version, think the MyePack one should at least work, if you find it too airey, go down to the next lower setting, or even halfway between them so that you only have half of the biggest ones open.
Yes, as long as it works Bob, no problem. I won`t have any bother with the airflow, because i like an airy vape with the NI builds :)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Not at all - kind of you to take the time.

We usually take 500-1000iu daily, but in the past 6-8 weeks, I haven't taken any of my usual supplements due to getting Colitis ...seemed a waste seeing I won't be absorbing much extra nutrition until it calms.
I see that D is not actually a vitamin as such, but a type of hormone, and that the Endocrine Society have been involved with researching it's effects etc. That is interesting because I had a severely over active thyroid problem that got 'fixed' in 2000. Knowing that stress and tiredness can cause a recurrence, I asked for a thyroid function test, and had that yesterday along with FBC.
A lot of things going on could point to the opposite thyroid malfunction of being under-active, but there's also other things that could be the cause - iron deficiency is one thing the doctor mentioned. I now see that D deficiency is another factor, and working at home, I don't go outside as much as I should, particularly in the past year or so.

Medical bodies always seem to err on the side of caution with recommended amounts of vitamin supplements etc., and I just saw this comparison:
19 to 70 years old
IOM
600 IU/day
Endocrine Society 1,500-2,000 IU/day

Not sure the blood tests I had yesterday cover such deficiencies, but I do know that the doctor said she wanted to check for B12 deficiency, so with luck D levels will get checked too.
I hope so - the nurse I saw yesterday not only hit a nerve causing a really nasty pain in my arm, I have a 1.5" diameter bruise on my arm with what looks like blood clots with it. It's really upset me to see the bruise today because our last practice had a nurse who never hurt me and never bruised me. Can't say I'd be happy to have another test done by her. She went to my other arm and that's OK.

Whatever, I'm glad you pointed out the information about D deficiency - we're obviously not taking quite enough, and as I haven't been taking any recently, it won't have helped.
I'm hoping the test result leads to a simple solution as I don't play nicely with the medical profession.

If enzymes, vitamins & minerals etc. can fix something relatively minor (and they often do), then I'd far rather go that route than the pharmaceutical one.

Sorry about the jabbing nurse. I had a blood test not long ago and the nit squirted blood all over my shirt. At the same practice i've had blood taken by a different nurse and barely noticed it, it was so quick and painless.

B vitamin complex (with C) often works well for a quick "lift" in energy levels.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sorry about the jabbing nurse. I had a blood test not long ago and the nit squirted blood all over my shirt. At the same practice i've had blood taken by a different nurse and barely noticed it, it was so quick and painless.

B vitamin complex (with C) often works well for a quick "lift" in energy levels.
Thanks! The practice has what they call the phlebotomist - only one, and I'm guessing it's her that does all the blood tests (sadly!). They have 4/5 nurses, 3 of them practitioners, but looks like just the one 'vampire'.
I have a feeling I'll encounter her again :( Shame because it took a long time before I felt comfortable with having blood tests. Still, I'm sure there's worse! ...and I haven't had the results yet :eek:

I'll dig out my B vitamins and C tomorrow - I've done nothing but fall asleep since yesterday, so yes, they may help me wake up a bit - good idea ...got an eye test tomorrow afternoon, so it'll be interesting to hear what he can see!

Reactions: e-pipeman

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Our son had a damaged disc after a rear shunt caused impact into his spine from protective clothing. After a year they decided to get a scan and send him to a private hospital and he had the disc removed. During that previous year, he was put on lots of drugs including Prozac and Diazepam to relax the nerve causing the pain!

In some cases, such as yours, making the pain bearable is essential.

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Yes this is a difficult spot. Because I haven't had my Tspine
Scanned but I'm about 85% for cervical and lumbar for messed up discs...

One of the hardest things is weight gain. Opiates drop testosterone drastically which leads to muscle.loss and weight retention. I was 142-178 my entire adult life after being a hefty kid so being 215-220 now is very hard for me.

At 6'4-5 I can carry the weight via looks but it feels awful to me.

My girlfriend is 4'10" Dutch indo girl. Her sister has a 6'6" boyfriend and is an inch taller. So when we all go.oit it looks like at least one pair of us have a fetish!

The worst thing with regular opiate use is memory loss. So if you see me.repesting myself that's why. It's like getting a mini bout of old timers.

My nephew is arriving from.uk in a couple weeks. He's promised to stick me up with fruit pastilles and twiglets. That won't help the weight but I get them once a year! So they have to last.

So back.ok vapors again. And sorry for all the comments I didn't quote. I'm not sure if tapatalk can multi quote. I need to look I to that as tablet and phone use is all I can do. Computer posture is out.
Anyway I've read them. And thanks.

To VAPING I just built a thirty gauge coil in the kf4 clone and I'm a big fan. It can't be rewicked or at least it's faster to wrap a new one than rewicked that r delicate a coil but aside from that flavor porodiction is out standing with the hairline wire.

I don't think I've ever built with wire that thin before. Again annoying to work with a bit but tastes great. Lots of puff

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Yes this is a difficult spot. Because I haven't had my Tspine
Scanned but I'm about 85% for cervical and lumbar for messed up discs...
Can't recall if you said already, but will it be long before you get some treatment to hopefully start to fix things?
One of the hardest things is weight gain. Opiates drop testosterone drastically which leads to muscle. loss and weight retention. I was 142-178 my entire adult life after being a hefty kid so being 215-220 now is very hard for me.
Any weight you aren't used to is uncomfortable! I had meds for over active thyroid 15 years ago, and they caused me to gain 28lbs. It was great to feel well again though, so I put up with it - it was only when we needed to get my husbands cholesterol lowered without statins 3 years ago that I changed the way we eat, and over a year, we both lost around 28lbs! Stayed that way too apart from a few lbs. gain recently which I'm slowly working on losing again.
It was a relief to get back to my normal weight again. I do hope you manage to get things fixed so that you can reduce those drugs and hopefully get off them.

The worst thing with regular opiate use is memory loss. So if you see me.repesting myself that's why. It's like getting a mini bout of old timers.
I can understand that - I've not been thinking too clearly lately - lost my concentration and focus with work, and sometimes it feels like wading through treacle, I'm so lethargic. I tell people the same things because I was just not concentrating the last time I told them! I can find a whole week passed and wonder where the days went ..lots of things. Hopefully the tests I had yesterday will point in the right direction. Doctor suggested iron deficiency or B12 as well as thyroid. Hope it's something simple!

My nephew is arriving from.uk in a couple weeks. He's promised to stick me up with fruit pastilles and twiglets. That won't help the weight but I get them once a year! So they have to last.
Well if they cheer you up, I hope you really enjoy them :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Its a fight for treatment. Im 39 and he work they want to do they dint want to do on someone my age. Neurosurgeon at one of the most respected whole treatment clinics (thebarrow.org) states he has to think of my spine living to 107. The oroblem is i need to get back to work. And life.

The brain surgery if it has to come. Is first. I know on the 8th what the deal there is. I will be pushing him to operate on my lower back while i may concede the neck has to wait. Die to paralysis concerns.

Im supposed to get s specific type of nerve block but nobody in phoenix does it die to high stroke risk. Well. If there are people doing it - its one or two

I love my sweets. It was fine wheni was active and could stay thin! I miss British sweets so much. I csn get some on amazon and some theough a store called world market. Which is where i get my baked beans, marmite, etc.

So im excited. Oh and also for his visit. He oversees technology for a massive company who has a data center here so he dies have to areive in arizona a few times a year. But its been a while since he just moved hack to the uk from a year plus stay in the states.

Id really like to try some juice orodiced there. If be very interested to experience juices from different countries to taste the palette differences.

We need a juices of the world club! (Tm)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Its a fight for treatment. Im 39 and he work they want to do they dint want to do on someone my age. Neurosurgeon at one of the most respected whole treatment clinics (thebarrow.org) states he has to think of my spine living to 107. The oroblem is i need to get back to work. And life.

The brain surgery if it has to come. Is first. I know on the 8th what the deal there is. I will be pushing him to operate on my lower back while i may concede the neck has to wait. Die to paralysis concerns.

Im supposed to get s specific type of nerve block but nobody in phoenix does it die to high stroke risk. Well. If there are people doing it - its one or two
Oh dear - as if having the problems isn't enough, there's all these other considerations. I can understand the age versus treatment reasoning, but there's your quality of life aspect too. Tough one.
I suppose if they could fix whatever is causing the most pain and get you off those heavy meds, it would be good - but then, it could be that you get such bad pain from all of it contributing to the level of pain.

I love my sweets. It was fine wheni was active and could stay thin! I miss British sweets so much. I csn get some on amazon and some theough a store called world market. Which is where i get my baked beans, marmite, etc.
So im excited. Oh and also for his visit. He oversees technology for a massive company who has a data center here so he dies have to areive in arizona a few times a year. But its been a while since he just moved hack to the uk from a year plus stay in the states.
Id really like to try some juice orodiced there. If be very interested to experience juices from different countries to taste the palette differences.

We need a juices of the world club! (Tm)
I've seen some of the things on places such as World Market, and they seem rather costly - pity there wasn't a proper source in more US outlets. Still, can't be enough UK residents there to justify it.
Nice you can get a supply of the things you like best though.
'juices of the world club' ...not sure. For me, the US and UK probably do the best, but that's just my own thoughts. A lot of my favourites are UK: Chefs Vapour for instance.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just saw this: $38.50 Authentic Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 60W TC VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1-60W / 200-600'F(100-315'C) / 1*18650 / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping ...the black on is rather nice too. Seems to be around the same size as a CoolFire

I've been thinking the ones that use a separate battery will be best for stuff I'm putting away for 'rainy days' - but do wonder about the electronics of these things too ...which is likely to give out soonest, built in batteries or the electronics? ...or is it pretty equal and all a matter of chance?

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I just saw this: $38.50 Authentic Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 60W TC VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1-60W / 200-600'F(100-315'C) / 1*18650 / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping ...the black on is rather nice too. Seems to be around the same size as a CoolFire

I've been thinking the ones that use a separate battery will be best for stuff I'm putting away for 'rainy days' - but do wonder about the electronics of these things too ...which is likely to give out soonest, built in batteries or the electronics? ...or is it pretty equal and all a matter of chance?
Good find that Trish, and a good price too :) I`ve put one in my wishlist. As for which will give out soonest is anybody`s guess, and i suppose it just boils down to how much use they get !

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow

Also thought that looked good for the price. The original evic vt is meant to be pretty solid except the TC isn't quite perfect.

I think the electronics vs batteries longevity really depends on the quality of the components. It is anyone's guess how long a mod should last. Good quality makes like innokin should outlast batteries I think but cheaper stuff it is anyone's guess.

Good batteries should last at least a year of reasonable use I think, I have a vtc5 that is over a year old and still seems to hold its charge fine, whereas the lghe2 that came with my rdna 40 drains noticeably quicker now after 9 months or so. Both have been used a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread