• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Take a look at the coils

What do you think makes it taste so good? The yank doesn't seek particularly different. Coils
Look very similar to subtank and atlantis coils. Unless I'm missing it

I start to lose the ability to differentiate sub ohm tanks as i don't choose to lug hit. Though the new tank (forgot the manufacturer) with quad coils seemed different.

Thanks for your thoughts on what separates from the many other similar tanks.

The cools are extremely expensive it seems. So im guessing they're dual coils by stiffing them on top of each other or something?. I cant see a regular occ vertical staying at $5/per even if they do open at that price. Except that i think is the new trend. Less expensive tank with cools as a revenue stream. But 24-35$ on a food grade stainless tank is about right.

-*Plese excuz any iPone-tyos

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
What do you think makes it taste so good? The yank doesn't seek particularly different. Coils
Look very similar to subtank and atlantis coils. Unless I'm missing it

I start to lose the ability to differentiate sub ohm tanks as i don't choose to lug hit. Though the new tank (forgot the manufacturer) with quad coils seemed different.

Thanks for your thoughts on what separates from the many other similar tanks.

The cools are extremely expensive it seems. So im guessing they're dual coils by stiffing them on top of each other or something?. I cant see a regular occ vertical staying at $5/per even if they do open at that price. Except that i think is the new trend. Less expensive tank with cools as a revenue stream. But 24-35$ on a food grade stainless tank is about right.

I think its the stainless steel coil.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Yes, that's the one, but they will need to reduce the price to tempt me, even the pre-built are the same price as others BUT you only get 4 instead of 5 so are also over-priced.
I found a video review and saw that there's two AFC's, so I won't chance it - the ones I have with two are too airy for me. I don't want to be buying more different coils either.
I'm happy with what I have :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just watching a repeat of the Chase on ITV - wish they would check their facts, question was:
who sank the Bismark
Answers: Ark Royal, Devonshire or Hood
Contestant and Chaser both went for Ark Royal - according to program it was Devonshire.

Facts:
May 1941:
we all know the Hood was sunk during a battle with Bismark, her magazine blowing up possibly by a shell from Bismark
Bismark then escaped and was chased down the North Sea to the coast of France, where torpedo planes from Ark Royal severely damaged her, she was then bombarded next day and the crew scuttled her.
Devonshire was having a refit between March and May 1941 and therefore could not have been involved, she didn't get back into the theatre of war until July 1941 when she was despatched to Scapa Flow.

So the correct answer was none of them, although the Ark Royal would have been the nearest right answer.

Last edited:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I think its the stainless steel coil.
The Triton has surgical steel coils and I quite like those as well - but they are not recognised by a TP mod which treats them as normal Kanthal

Did a quick & dirty single coil clapton build in my Bullet that I have on my Raptor yesterday 5 wraps came out at 0.91 ohms and very nice too, the coil I removed was a normal built single coil 0.80 ohms and this clapton is definitely much better on flavour and cloud production vaping at 6v with the Bullet cooler rings in is nice.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've had a problem with Chefs site in only the past week in that I can put an item in the basket, but if I try to go to add another, the one in the basket disappears.

It doesn't happen in Chrome, but I prefer IE11.

It's been suggested that my AV (Kaspersky) may be causing it via a plug-in, but before I start pursing that idea, just wonder if anyone else has had the same problem in IE ?

I've been getting other sites with 'issues' for some time now - M&S etc. not showing review or allowing me to post them, sometimes images not showing in links, yet they always work in Chrome.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I've had a problem with Chefs site in only the past week in that I can put an item in the basket, but if I try to go to add another, the one in the basket disappears.

It's been suggested that my AV (Kaspersky) may be causing it via a plug-in, but before I start pursing that idea, just wonder if anyone else has had the same problem in IE ?

I've been getting other sites with 'issues' for some time now - M&S etc. not showing review or allowing me to post them, sometimes images not showing in links, yet they always work in Chrome.
Don't use IE, I have Google Chrome & Firefox here.

Reactions: e-pipeman

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Thanks. I'll ask Kaspersky if there's something in recent updates that may have caused it - I do prefer IE to Chrome, but suppose I can use it if I can't fix IE.
Could also be something new in IE that's causing it, problems using it was what made me give up with IE, that and it's security in older versions and I don't like Bing either.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Could also be something new in IE that's causing it, problems using it was what made me give up with IE, that and it's security in older versions and I don't like Bing either.
Perhaps - must admit, I'm not one for MS updates though ...had too many cause problems because they haven't been fully tested before they pushed them out!
I'll see if there's any specific to IE11 that haven't been installed.

As for Bing, I only started using it mostly on principal because Google changed things that annoyed a lot of users - one of them being the need to make two extra clicks to do a UK specific search, and they also made changes to the image search too.
Bing used to have a single click option on the search page for UK searches, but that now requires one extra click.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Perhaps - must admit, I'm not one for MS updates though ...had too many cause problems because they haven't been fully tested before they pushed them out!
I'll see if there's any specific to IE11 that haven't been installed.

As for Bing, I only started using it mostly on principal because Google changed things that annoyed a lot of users - one of them being the need to make two extra clicks to do a UK specific search, and they also made changes to the image search too.
Bing used to have a single click option on the search page for UK searches, but that now requires one extra click.
with Google searches just add site:uk or sometimes just uk at the end of the query so "subtank mini site:uk" should only bring up uk related sites

EDIT I also use Google.co.uk rather than Google.com

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

Could be the plugin or site adjustments for the new edge browser shipping with windows 10. Depending on your timelineOf issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread