• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
unless they aren't using 316
I know in the Triton, the coils are marketed as Surgical Steel, rather than stainless steel, the wire I got was SS317L, can't seem to find any 316L over here so far, I downloaded the .csv for 317L into the profile 3 (I had already set up 1 for the Velocity and 2 for my Silo Beast) changed the DNA200 mod to profile 3 but it would only fire the Lemo 2 I built in vw mode, no temp protection.

Thinking back to the first line, must try the Triton on the DNA200 once I have loaded in the 316L & Ti profiles and check whether it works.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Has anyone tried either of these glass cleaners ?: Winsol Crystal Clear 550 and Invisible Glass spray or foam
Looks as though the Winsol one is good for a really thorough clean of residue, and the perhaps Invisible Glass for in-between cleaning.
I suspect that an anti-fog solution won't help in this case.

When I smoked, there was no visible film on windows etc. - but when they did get cleaned, the nicotine was definitely there as it could be clearly seen on the cloth! Cleaned off easily enough though with a drop of detergent in a bucket of warm water and a spray of white vinegar on the glass before wiping.

I've found that vapour does collect on glass surfaces, and isn't so easy to deal with, and no doubt most people get that. It's possible that VG causes more residue than PG, but I also think the sugars etc. in some flavours will contribute seeing they can gunk up coils faster.
In winter, it's the windows that suffer most, in summer, it's the inside glass that attracts it most - mirrors and cabinet doors get filmy faster than the windows. At least, that's been so in the past year. This summer however, it's been both because we've had far fewer warm nights, and not a consistently warm summer.

I'm hoping to find something that will perhaps keep the windows cleaner for longer :laugh:

I used to live in a single glazed (at the front - original sashes) house. The windows regularly got covered in vape film, especially in colder weather. The W5 window and glass cleaner isn't bad. Equally Mr Muscle 5-In-One isn't bad. But none that I have found are perfect. Polish to a gleaming shine and come back 5 mins later to polish the smears off. And repeat ad infinitum... :(

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Ahh thanks. Sorry i thought that was it. I Saw they recommend the mix percentage after asking. Sorry! I Think I'm going to order a few 10-15 ml and see what i think then so all concentrate from there. Im all set for bases and nicotine purchase. Its really so much less even buying premixed concentrate it has to be 20% of tue cost to make your own. With the medical bills I'm all for that.
That's OK - I think some small bottles is a good plan. There's bound to be another special offer discount at some point before too long, and by then you'll know what you like best :)

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I used to live in a single glazed (at the front - original sashes) house. The windows regularly got covered in vape film, especially in colder weather. The W5 window and glass cleaner isn't bad. Equally Mr Muscle 5-In-One isn't bad. But none that I have found are perfect. Polish to a gleaming shine and come back 5 mins later to polish the smears off. And repeat ad infinitum... :(
Have either of you use white vinegar / water 50/50 with a microfiber cloth? That takes everything off. Costs pennies. And is non toxic. Im the first guy to buy chemicals. Not by any means an eco guy. It just works so well. I buy packs of microfiber on amazon and rotate them from
Good for screens to good for cleaning to vape towels - as they get more washed and stained.

Washing super hot without liquid and hanging dry keeps them in great shape

-*Plese excuz any iPone-tyos

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Have either of you use white vinegar / water 50/50 with a microfiber cloth? That takes everything off. Costs pennies. And is non toxic. Im the first guy to buy chemicals. Not by any means an eco guy.

Tried it and not bad. Tried the newspaper thing too. Not bad. Unfortunately the chemicals work better for me. I hate cleaning something to find that it ends up dirty! :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Thought that may be the case! :rolleyes: I've ordered one of each to see if they're better than my hot water with a drop of detergent and white vinegar spray.

Ours are double glazed, but as soon as they get cool, I can see it 'blooming' on the nice clean glass! I have French doors in here, and across the hall, past the glass front bookcase, is the front door with a full length window each side ....plenty of glass! It does seem to gravitate towards the front sitting room window and the landing too.
Still, nothing to do but keep cleaning those windows :laugh:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Tried it and not bad. Tried the newspaper thing too. Not bad. Unfortunately the chemicals work better for me. I hate cleaning something to find that it ends up dirty! :)

Ive tried so many glass cleaners. I always go back
To the old fashioned chemical heavy windex. Though i don't use it in screens or glasses due to ammonia breakdown of lens treatment.

I don't remember what the cleaner is called here as i didn't clean when i was buying. Mum did. But i find the old school traditional cleaners tend to he the best when you go chemical. Upping the vinegar to 75/25 makes it better. Hut can stink for ten minutes or so.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I know in the Triton, the coils are marketed as Surgical Steel, rather than stainless steel, the wire I got was SS317L, can't seem to find any 316L over here so far, I downloaded the .csv for 317L into the profile 3 (I had already set up 1 for the Velocity and 2 for my Silo Beast) changed the DNA200 mod to profile 3 but it would only fire the Lemo 2 I built in vw mode, no temp protection.

Thinking back to the first line, must try the Triton on the DNA200 once I have loaded in the 316L & Ti profiles and check whether it works.
Theres a 317L profile marked as elite on steam engine. You'd want to grab that

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Have either of you use white vinegar / water 50/50 with a microfiber cloth? That takes everything off. Costs pennies. And is non toxic. Im the first guy to buy chemicals. Not by any means an eco guy. It just works so well. I buy packs of microfiber on amazon and rotate them from
Good for screens to good for cleaning to vape towels - as they get more washed and stained.

Washing super hot without liquid and hanging dry keeps them in great shape
Yes, I've always used a bucket of hand hot water with just a couple of drops of washing up liquid in it, wring the cloth out and spray white vinegar on the window ...clean the window, rinse and wipe again, then dry/polish with kitchen towel.
Just doesn't seem to clean it 100% now that it gets the residue on it.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Yes, I've always used a bucket of hand hot water with just a couple of drops of washing up liquid in it, wring the cloth out and spray white vinegar on the window ...clean the window, rinse and wipe again, then dry/polish with kitchen towel.
Just doesn't seem to clean it 100% now that it gets the residue on it.
How much are we all vaping that we need super harsh chemicals to clean it. Good thing the american lung association ruled as they did on vaping or id be a bit more worried. Lol

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Ive tried so many glass cleaners. I always go back
To the old fashioned chemical heavy windex. Though i don't use it in screens or glasses due to ammonia breakdown of lens treatment.

I don't remember what the cleaner is called here as i didn't clean when i was buying. Mum did. But i find the old school traditional cleaners tend to he the best when you go chemical. Upping the vinegar to 75/25 makes it better. Hut can stink for ten minutes or so.
I tried a janitorial brand of alcohol based window cleaner spray today (Selden) - does seem to have cleaned it better, but not sure it'll stay clean for longer.
I have a spray of household ammonia too ...perhaps that would help

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
How much are we all vaping that we need super harsh chemicals to clean it. Good thing the american lung association ruled as they did on vaping or id be a bit more worried. Lol
I don't think I'll ponder that one for too long. Too much VG can make me wheeze a bit, and PG causes all manner of unwanted effects, including tries to stop me breathing, so I just have to be careful with the balance of things. ... I'm just glad I don't smoke any more! :)

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I don't think I'll ponder that one for too long. VG can make me wheeze a bit, and PG causes all manner of unwanted effects, including tries to stop me breathing, so I just have to be careful with the balance of things. ... I'm just glad I don't smoke any more! :)
Im the same Way. Super high vg gives me heavy lung. Pg makes my face peel off. Neither of them kill me like marlboros

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

If you smoke a high percentage of vg it will get your single-glazed windows. No problem with double glazed (but sadly they still need cleaning for other reasons). Why do pigeons fly into windows? They leave a ghost-shadow on the glass! But of course that's external and I challenge anyone to find vape residue on the outside of the house. :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Im the same Way. Super high vg gives me heavy lung. Pg makes my face peel off. Neither of them kill me like marlboros
Exactly! :thumb:
I had some awful effects with PG heavy or even 50%: it caused peeling skin, closed my upper respiratory system, made my gums bleed and my throat sore.
I use some 100% VG, some 80/20PG or thereabouts, and a bit of 65/45PG - just know when to change over from one to another for a while.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
If you smoke a high percentage of vg it will get your single-glazed windows. No problem with double glazed (but sadly they still need cleaning for other reasons). Why do pigeons fly into windows? They leave a ghost-shadow on the glass! But of course that's external and I challenge anyone to find vape residue on the outside of the house. :)
It certainly gets my double glazed windows! Worst in this room where I always I use it, but it does travel a bit :facepalm:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Thats another reason i like charlie noble juices. Aside from Being delicious they are vg heavy and they now post all of their independent lab study results to make sure all of the tones aren't present
Yes, they are pretty good - but I've been spoiled with Chefs Vapour flavour ..it seems to be a bit more flavoursome to me. There are some others I like though.

There's a rather nice one made in London: Avant Garde - the VG ones only have perhaps 3% VG in it as most flavouring is VG based, and they have a few that I like, and I also use some to add more VG to other liquids. Can get bespoke too - not the cheapest though, and no concentrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread