• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Any of you guys make your own coils?.

I've watched no end of videos on YouTube and they make it look easy but is it easy to do?.

The generic coiling tools make it almost as easy as screwing a wire around two posts. Basic coils are very easy

I only just went back to disposable because after neck surgery I just can't be in a position physically to do it for a while. It's possible but at least now my better half will beat me if she sees me sat face down or lying on my side

@Bobw1951 thanks for the info. It's still quite large for the battery life to me. But the price is right. Can the Giajt logo be removed like a sticker or is it painted on? Do you like the mod? Is there an 18650
Sled yet?

@Pictor wow you know a lot about sedation. I have been semi awake for dentistry using Versed plus several other drugs and it was good enough for what was being done. But nitrous is usually enough for my nerves. If I have to have my top wisdoms removed ever it will need a lot more than that as they have to break my sinus cavity to redo it.

As for he surgery I'm absolutely positive it wasn't anything less than 100% complete general. That's why I was a by surprised they shipped me
Out the door so fast. I felt very rushed after the operation. I remember that much. By I think they wanted me in bed before it all wore off.

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK
The generic coiling tools make it almost as easy as screwing a wire around two posts. Basic coils are very easy

I only just went back to disposable because after neck surgery I just can't be in a position physically to do it for a while. It's possible but at least now my better half will beat me if she sees me sat face down or lying on my side

@Bobw1951 thanks for the info. It's still quite large for the battery life to me. But the price is right. Can the Giajt logo be removed like a sticker or is it painted on? Do you like the mod? Is there an 18650
Sled yet?

@Pictor wow you know a lot about sedation. I have been semi awake for dentistry using Versed plus several other drugs and it was good enough for what was being done. But nitrous is usually enough for my nerves. If I have to have my top wisdoms removed ever it will need a lot more than that as they have to break my sinus cavity to redo it.

As for he surgery I'm absolutely positive it wasn't anything less than 100% complete general. That's why I was a by surprised they shipped me
Out the door so fast. I felt very rushed after the operation. I remember that much. By I think they wanted me in bed before it all wore off.

Excellent, thank you :)

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Excellent, thank you :)
I promise in less than a week you'll make them like a pro. I was super frustrated before the cooling tools came when I first started. After a few days it was second nature.

Then the cooling tools came out and now I tend to make ten of them at a time. If you use nickel wire and temperature control it's even easier but stick to 28 gauge nickel and 26 for kanthal right now in my opinion. Those are two very easy to work with wires. Opinions will vary on that but for me those gauges in those wires are good for the number of wraps you'll need to do to get good simple builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ms.Sue

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK
I promise in less than a week you'll make them like a pro. I was super frustrated before the cooling tools came when I first started. After a few days it was second nature.

A nice guy in another thread showed me which pre made kanthal wire I should get but I have no idea which wire on a roll I should get.

I was looking on GearBest and some of them are on offer Kanthal A1 Best Deals + Free Shipping | GearBest.com

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
A nice guy in another thread showed me which pre made kanthal wire I should get but I have no idea which wire on a roll I should get.

I was looking on GearBest and some of them are on offer Kanthal A1 Best Deals + Free Shipping | GearBest.com
I wouldn`t bother getting wire form China Sue it`s cheap enough over here. I get mine from HERE as most of us do :) Just go for Kanthal A1 26 Gauge http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/p...cron-or--26-AWG----10---Metre-Spool-2631.html

What mods do you use?. I bet you have a few of them lol.

Lol Not as many as Bob :lol: I`m just re-doing my siggy, so you will see soon, nothing special, but enough to keep me away from smoking :)

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Perhaps the best use for me is specs. It gets everything so clean. Even when they have been cleaned with a microfiber the sonic still shows how much gets trapped between frame and lenses.
Anyway. It was $35 and I use it probably three times a day. Great return !
So anyone who hasn't bought one yet. Get one asap!
Didn't realise they were big enough to take a pair of specs! Which one did you get?

I did think of you when I read about the East India.:rolleyes:
Hah! ..I'm tempted, just wish it was 15ml :)

I've looked into anaesthesia and sedation quite a lot over time - initially, research after something really bad happened to me years back during an operation (hence my intense fear of the medical profession), then when I worked in the operating suite, and subsequently, sedation for dentistry, and now for endoscopy.
It's helpful to be able to read information on the various drugs/combinations, potential problems and statistics.
It stands to reason that if Versed was bad for a large percentage of people, it would no longer be used, so it is satisfactory for a lot of people.
I know that the Propofol used for my two hour long dental sessions worked perfectly, and I'd been sure I was only there for perhaps 10 minutes or so rather than the hour it had been. The dentist obviously knew I'd be as relaxed as possible.
Apparently, it aids in colonoscopy because not only is it a better experience for the patient, it relaxes the whole body and enables the doctor to progress easier.

As for your wisdom teeth - last time I was involved with wisdom tooth removal patients, it involved a GA, antibiotic shots and two days in hospital ...most likely a day case job now!

Some fairly complex procedures can be carried out as day cases now as long as the patient is satisfactory for discharge and has adequate/competent help at home.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Sled yet?
It looks like it it etched then painted, you can feel the outline, it's on the back so out of the way really - don't know if they will make a 18650 battery box for it, it would have to be in the same size half, so would only be a max of 2 batteries which would reduce the overall wattage down to 133 instead of 200.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
4 pairs at least closed up, the one that George and I have is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/JPL-Ultraso...TF8&qid=1448755049&sr=8-1&keywords=ultra+7000, but that one that is on special offer at Lidl should be just as good.
That's a prettier one than I have and perhaps a bit bigger.

The one I bought is Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Polishing Jewelry Cleaner with Digital Timer for Cleaning Eyeglasses, Watches, Rings, Necklaces, Coins, Razors, Dentures, Combs, Tools, Parts, Instruments (MGUC500) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q2M17K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_MEKwwbHJV2EYX

The first I received when I filled it water got in the front and it broke immediately. Something didn't get sealed properly. The replacement has been great. Max cycle on mine is 480 seconds and the basket takes quite wide glasses. I was able to fit Maui Jim wrap around prescription sunglasses in there. Certainly take two or three pairs of reading specs.

Yours looks nicer. And easier to fill. Just a note. Don't run the tap then move it under when you get one. Put it under then turn the tap on /off. Just to prevent water going wayward.

If mine broke tomorrow is try and find yours but I won't be without one from here until the grave again. They're that helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread