• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
...unless we look after our stash of nicotine, and can keep on buying concentrates and base liquids. The former is up to us of course, but the latter shouldn't be any problem?
That's just it; the concentrate will be 20mg max and in 10ml bottles:
a) that will automatically make DIY a lot more expensive
b) just imagine all those 10ml bottles filling up land-fill sites - it's outrageous

Don't forget that suppliers can stock up with as much as they like before 20 May 2016 so they can keep selling until 19 May 2017 as they are allowed to sell existing stock until then.

There was one quote mentioned on that vid about someone who has already got 65 litres of nic stored for his own/family/friends use :shock:

Reactions: Pictor

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
How long after May will these things come into being ...gradually - or is there a date set?
As I said, it really is only the Nic that will be a problem for us in the UK, it appears that our Gov for once is on our side (hate to think what will happen if Labour get in as they were the ones that started all this madness)
see above re dates

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Re FT ...why aren't credit cards being accepted? ..I use the same card every time at FT, but it said 'declined' for my order, and I saw people mention this a few days ago.

General thoughts on the FT forum are that it's FT's fault and not the banks.
Nothing can be done until 14th though!

Good thing I have PP to fall back on!
Probably because of the CNY - no auto-checking, so rather than have to do umpteen verifications when they get back to work they just suspended it

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's just it; the concentrate will be 20mg max and in 10ml bottles:
a) that will automatically make DIY a lot more expensive
Thought you were talking about ready to use liquid with nicotine.
Surely non diluted nicotine free concentrates won't be affected (as long as they don't say they're tobacco!).
b) just imagine all those 10ml bottles filling up land-fill sites - it's outrageous
Ridiculous, and so short sighted of them.

Don't forget that suppliers can stock up with as much as they like before 20 May 2016 so they can keep selling until 19 May 2017 as they are allowed to sell existing stock until then.
Well that'll be our golden anniversary, so a landmark day all round one way or another!

In a more serious note, I expect all existing stock will be run down in good time, so perhaps not everything easily available right up to the deadline.

There was one quote mentioned on that vid about someone who has already got 65 litres of nic stored for his own/family/friends use :shock:
Hmm ..there's sensible - and then there's overkill :laugh:
Think I have 8 or 9 100ml bottles, and Marcus worked out how much I could make with it at .6mg ..imagine how much more it'll be at something like .2mg!

As I said, it really is only the Nic that will be a problem for us in the UK, it appears that our Gov for once is on our side (hate to think what will happen if Labour get in as they were the ones that started all this madness)
see above re dates
Been a long time since I voted for them, and I reckon the 'divels' lair will freeze over before I do again at the rate they're going!

Probably because of the CNY - no auto-checking, so rather than have to do umpteen verifications when they get back to work they just suspended it
Well!! The crafty lot - they could have warned us! Duh!:blink:

Reactions: e-pipeman

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Sheesh I've just worked that out, at the moment you can buy 250ml bottle of 72mg Nic concentrate and make 900ml of 20mg nic 20% flavoured ejuice
To make the same in future you would need 72 x 10ml bottles of 20mg Nic, multiply that by the number of vapers in Europe and that is an enormous amount of plastic/glass that may/may not be recycled

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Thought you were talking about ready to use liquid with nicotine.
Surely non diluted nicotine free concentrates won't be affected (as long as they don't say they're tobacco!).
Both, nicotine comes from the tobacco plant, it is only nic free ejuice that will be allowed in 100ml etc bottles, anything that contains nicotine will be in 10ml bottles at 20mg max strength (diluted or undiluted)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Does it feel strange with the buttons and display in the middle and not on the side on the Kbox 70?.

Actually not at all. The fire button is still on the side rather than the middle. Once you have obtained the wattage you desire with those buttons and locked that wattage you don't use them much day to day imho.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I might get another litre of nic in before the time.I have a litre already in the freezer.
Bob told me i can make 12 litres of 6mg from a litre of nic.
So the guy with 65l could make 780 litres:laugh:That's enough to float a battleship.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sheesh I've just worked that out, at the moment you can buy 250ml bottle of 72mg Nic concentrate and make 900ml of 20mg nic 20% flavoured ejuice
To make the same in future you would need 72 x 10ml bottles of 20mg Nic, multiply that by the number of vapers in Europe and that is an enormous amount of plastic/glass that may/may not be recycled
...and when they realise what a monster they've created for landfill and recycling, they'll ban it altogether - problem solved! :faceplam:

Both, nicotine comes from the tobacco plant,
Yes, and won't be available on it's own I assume?

Eeh! I wonder if we'll get tobacco plants grown by the dozen in lofts! :laugh:

it is only nic free ejuice that will be allowed in 100ml etc bottles, anything that contains nicotine will be in 10ml bottles at 20mg max strength (diluted or undiluted)
Can't see there being concentrates with nicotine added ...or will there?
I assumed the only thing with nicotine would be the ready to use liquids in their (very) little bottles.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
What about mods and things like replaceable batteries?
Everything else there is no problem with except premade tank atomizers like the Subtank, Aromamizer etc where the max size allowed will be 2ml and it must be leakproof, the only tank on the market at the moment that conforms is the Cubis according to the vid, but as I said earlier there are ways round that by selling them as parts you assemble yourself, so you could still buy a Subby or similar.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I might get another litre of nic in before the time.I have a litre already in the freezer.
Bob told me i can make 12 litres of 6mg from a litre of nic.
So the guy with 65l could make 780 litres:laugh:That's enough to float a battleship.
I'll get a little more just to on the safe side. Hopefully, I won't need it! I'm even more determined to get my use of nicotine even lower.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Everything else there is no problem with except premade tank atomizers like the Subtank, Aromamizer etc where the max size allowed will be 2ml and it must be leakproof, the only tank on the market at the moment that conforms is the Cubis according to the vid, but as I said earlier there are ways round that by selling them as parts you assemble yourself, so you could still buy a Subby or similar.
In that case, I won't buy any more 18650 batteries yet - I already have some new ones to hand, and no point having them sat on the shelf going 'stale'.

I have perhaps a dozen MOW and mega MOW tanks set aside unused, and a few Subtanks too, plus around a dozen basic Evod tanks. A few hundred assorted coils! All will be added to gradually in the coming year.

I'm going to be looking for a few cylinder type VV/VW mods that take a removable battery too. When I get around to it, I'll ask you which ones to get!

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
In a more serious note, I expect all existing stock will be run down in good time, so perhaps not everything easily available right up to the deadline.
Exactly and anyone who has stock left in the last week will probably sell it off cheaply just to save losing the lot, I think we will see quite a few companies fold in the next year, especially those that only deal in flavoured nic juices, it shouldn't affect those whose main revenue comes from Mods & Atties etc. as they will just comply with the rules on RTAs & Clearomizers.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm going to be looking for a few cylinder type VV/VW mods that take a removable battery too. When I get around to it, I'll ask you which ones to get!
very few of those around, most these days are box style, but you never know what's going to appear this year

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Exactly and anyone who has stock left in the last week will probably sell it off cheaply just to save losing the lot, I think we will see quite a few companies fold in the next year, especially those that only deal in flavoured nic juices, it shouldn't affect those whose main revenue comes from Mods & Atties etc. as they will just comply with the rules on RTAs & Clearomizers.
So that'll mean no imported (by us) US liquids? Some have set up UK distributors recently, so I wonder what will happen with those.

I hope such as Chefs survive! They'll surely do OK with concentrates and base liquid, plus perhaps a small range of the 10ml bottles?

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
very few of those around, most these days are box style, but you never know what's going to appear this year
I found quite a few on FT last time I searched - but perhaps I should stick with small box type ones ...perhaps get another Sigelei mini or KBox while they're still around.
As you say, something new may appear. Not like I rely on anything sophisticated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread