• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Went for a takeaway last night.
Driving home and stood in a pub doorway puffing away like a steam train, on a stinky, is the bloke that runs the local B&Mo_O:eek:o_O Always knew that dude was suspect;)
Makes him look like a complete hypocrite! ...could he be running the shop purely to make cash I wonder :unsure: :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
EDITED - changed 18mg to 12mg!

I have 80ml of ready made MCV in 12mg - I'm thinking the easiest way to dilute it down to 3mg is for me to make 100ml of zero nicotine MCV and add enough of the 18mg to get around 3mg ...that way, if I want to, I can later use the rest for some even lower.

How much of the 12mg do I need to add to 100ml of zero to get 3mg?

Last edited:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
EDITED - changed 18mg to 12mg!

I have 80ml of ready made MCV in 12mg - I'm thinking the easiest way to dilute it down to 3mg is for me to make 100ml of zero nicotine MCV and add enough of the 18mg to get around 3mg ...that way, if I want to, I can later use the rest for some even lower.

How much of the 12mg do I need to add to 100ml of zero to get 3mg?
12/3 = 4 so 1 part 12mg to 3 parts zero so for 100ml zero you would need 33.33ml of 12mg BUT if you wanted to make 100ml of 3mg then it would be 25ml x 12mg and 75ml of zero

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
:laugh:Sounds like me in reverse.Last week.
Had a bottle of 3(sent in error) and needed to know how much 12 to add to get it to 6.
Calling Bob;)
That was harder - using zero nic is easy
max mg / target mg = 1 part max mg + difference in zero
so
72mg down to 12mg = 72/12 = 6 so 1 part 72mg to 5 parts zero
18mg down to 6mg = 18/6 = 3 so 1 part 18mg to 2 parts zero

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
:laugh:Sounds like me in reverse.Last week.
Had a bottle of 3(sent in error) and needed to know how much 12 to add to get it to 6.
Calling Bob;)
:laugh: ...and that's why I didn't do so well in physics & chemistry - my maths were pretty lousy!
I'm so used to just doing 50/50 with ready made bottles, it starts to screw my brain up when it's something different! :facepalm:

12/3 = 4 so 1 part 12mg to 3 parts zero so for 100ml zero you would need 33.33ml of 12mg BUT if you wanted to make 100ml of 3mg then it would be 25ml x 12mg and 75ml of zero
OK! Duly copied into my 'notes' - Thank you! :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
:laugh: ...and that's why I didn't do so well in physics & chemistry - my maths were pretty lousy!
I'm so used to just doing 50/50 with ready made bottles, it starts to screw my brain up when it's something different! :facepalm:

It is very confusing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 out of 4 FT orders shipped.
Only small things, 1 order is 4 VTC5's,second is 4 25R's and the other a white Evic vtc mini.
4th will not ship until after 23/02 as the last item only comes in stock then(Aqua fx,atty stand and 10 X SC coils)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Both my orders from FT have been shipped :)
They probably won't get picked up by the shipping company until after midnight our time, my 3 pairs of Sony batteries are also marked as shipped, the other pair is in order 2, so at least another 5 days before that ships.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It is very confusing.
Once I start to think too much about it ..all I can see are numbers and percentage signs jumbling around laughing at me! :laugh:

Both my orders from FT have been shipped :)
Mine is all small stuff, but where they were all due to ship at the same time, two are now due to ship 19th!

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

OK! Duly copied into my 'notes' - Thank you! :)
Physics & Chemistry were hard for me too, I was quite good at simple math, it was Algebra that always confused me and still does, never got to the really hard mathematics such as trigonometry etc. although I do remember getting an insight into it.

and you're welcome :)

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Physics & Chemistry were hard for me too, I was quite good at simple math, it was Algebra that always confused me and still does, never got to the really hard mathematics such as trigonometry etc. although I do remember getting an insight into it.
At tech level, we had a tall grey boring lady that taught maths, and my eyes used to glaze over during the lessons ...especially algebra ...I think I was supposed to know something about trig too! :facepalm:
Physics & chemistry were similar - the more interesting and engaging the teacher, the better understanding!
General science and biology were taught by our deputy head, and she was excellent.
Husband used maths in engineering a lot. One of our sons uses even more complex calculations in his work ...way beyond me!

I know for sure that I had a better understanding of things and learned more once at work!

and you're welcome :)
:thumb:

Once i start to think too much about it......I PM Bob;) :D
Indispensable! :)

Reactions: Brynglas

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
At tech level, we had a tall grey boring lady that taught maths, and my eyes used to glaze over during the lessons ...especially algebra ...I think I was supposed to know something about trig too! :facepalm:
Physics & chemistry were similar - the more interesting and engaging the teacher, the better understanding!
General science and biology were taught by our deputy head, and she was excellent.
Husband used maths in engineering a lot. One of our sons uses even more complex calculations in his work ...way beyond me!

I know for sure that I had a better understanding of things and learned more once at work!

:thumb:

Indispensable! :)
I never made it to Tech, not even to O level, I was politely asked to leave Grammar School, I later found out that had I been diagnosed as being short-sighted I may have been able to see the blackboard and therefore had attained some O-levels or more, as it was I started work and learnt everything I know through the University of Life :laugh: I still have some problems in that I am quite introvert having problems communicating, I tend to be a listener rather than a talker.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I never made it to Tech, not even to O level, I was politely asked to leave Grammar School, I later found out that had I been diagnosed as being short-sighted I may have been able to see the blackboard and therefore had attained some O-levels or more, as it was I started work and learnt everything I know through the University of Life :laugh: I still have some problems in that I am quite introvert having problems communicating, I tend to be a listener rather than a talker.
I think a lot of my problems were that I don't like being told what to do. Even now, if someone says 'You'll have to do.....', almost unconsciously, a little voice inside me says 'The hell I will!'. Counter productive for me in many ways, but just the way I am.
Art college was much nicer, but that didn't last long enough as I decided I'd be better off getting a job! It was hard back then to make a living with art unless you were in a graphics studio or lived near the major commercial galleries ...and most galleries were in the big cities - mostly London.
I too learned a lot at work. I'd taught myself to type when quite young playing around in my Dad's office on Saturday mornings, so got an office job easily - funnily enough, I was always in the tools and industrial supply sector. Some years later, I became a company buyer, so I must have learned something useful somewhere down the line!
I don't do group things either ...and work far better on my own. Probably why I've loved my own work self-employed for the past 26 years! :)

Reactions: Bobw1951
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread