• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Well, my chest pains have completely disappeared, My BP is down a bit as well so it seems you were correct Trish in saying that the pain was probably causing it to be high. It is still too high though, The first reading taken at the doctors Friday afternoon was 164/93, yesterday AM 166/112, PM 153/95, and this morning 142/93, so a bit of progress :) And both my FT orders have shipped. :thumb:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
They are pretty good, I've had them turn up at various times of the morning, afternoon & evening
Me too - but never this late. Always the same when it's something you want to arrive earlier in the day!
I asked Amazon about the delivery times (up to 9pm), and they said not to worry though, if it doesn't turn up, it'll arrive tomorrow! ....I paid for next day, so that's not the answer I wanted to hear! :laugh:

I know they'll refund the delivery charge if that happens, but I'm using a monitor that's nowhere near good enough for work purposes, so I decided to wait until it arrived and I got it set up & adjusted etc. (I won't even know if it's a decent monitor for the purpose until I see it ..so that adds to my impatience).

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Well, my chest pains have completely disappeared, My BP is down a bit as well so it seems you were correct Trish in saying that the pain was probably causing it to be high. It is still too high though, The first reading taken at the doctors Friday afternoon was 164/93, yesterday AM 166/112, PM 153/95, and this morning 142/93, so a bit of progress :) And both my FT orders have shipped. :thumb:
You'll have been anxious about the chest pains - which is only natural. With luck, your BP will go a bit lower yet.
Mine is often over 140 at the doctors, but the diastolic is nearly always around 75. Both can go higher though if I feel under pressure regarding the BP result. I don't get that at our new practice, as they don't bully people like our old ones did (They were always filling in tick box forms and trying to write prescriptions for stuff!).
I never have particularly low BP anyway ...normal for me is around 132-136.

Hope you find it getting lower :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Ah - Amazon arrived half an hour ago, and just unpacked it. Lots of cables so will need to find online instructions to see which (if any) I need to use before I can set it up.
The one page 'quick start' included is next to useless.

Looks big! (27") Only 3" wider than my old one, but looks huge.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Good to hear the pains have gone, but agree those figures look high, do you know what your normal ones are?
Generally the Systolic value should be 120 or less but up to 139 is okay with the diastolic 80 or less although up to 89 is okay (mine is normally 123/64 when I am calm & resting)

Reactions: terry w

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Ah - Amazon arrived half an hour ago, and just unpacked it. Lots of cables so will need to find online instructions to see which (if any) I need to use before I can set it up.
The one page 'quick start' included is next to useless.

Looks big! (27") Only 3" wider than my old one, but looks huge.
Me likey, my Sammy is 23" as for the cables just look at the rear of the computer where the old one is plugged in to see what ports you have on your card, and use the best one on it for the cables that came with the monitor.

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Me likey, my Sammy is 23" as for the cables just look at the rear of the computer where the old one is plugged in to see what ports you have on your card, and use the best one on it for the cables that came with the monitor.
Last couple of days I've been using a 22" Samsung that a friend gave me as a standby - not a bad monitor for a TN panel, but not colour accurate!

So - unpacked it and disconnected the Samsung, turned the computer off, and lifted the monster onto the computer trolley ....hm! :(

Your display package includes:

• Display
• Power cord
• Video cable
• USB cable
• Quick Start Guide
• ViewSonic CD

No 'holes' in it the same as the cable connectors that were on the LaCie! There are a bundle of various cables with the monitor, but none look like that ...and furthermore, I can't see one that will fit in a corresponding place on the computer! I'm used to the large ones with a screw in on each side!
I think the one with a brick on it may be the power one with the three hole socket cable to go onto that, but the computer end of the 'brick' is a blue pin/jack type plug - all looks very confusing, so son is coming in the morning to see if he can find where it all goes - he can build computers so should know if there's one to fit amongst the bundle of them, and whether one will fit the computer end! I can see a small socket with HDMI stamped next to it ..perhaps that's the one :unsure:
He's at work until midnight, but I just sent him the PDF and he thinks it'll be OK once he finds the right cable from the assortment I have.

So, I'm back with the Samsung for now, and will try to stop thinking about it until tomorrow!
Ugh! I hate technology sometimes!

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK
I have been getting terrible pains in my chest for about 5 days now, so i went to the docs yesterday for a check up. My GP looked really worried and asked the nurse to do an ECG on me straight away. The results came through after 10 minutes or so, and were normal.
Then i gave a blood sample, did a poop sample this morning, to take back on monday. ( Sorry if your having your tea ) :laugh:
Anyways, she proceeded to take my blood pressure, and it is off the scale and way too high. they gave me a portable BP checker thingy, and i have to do my own twice a day, morning/evening for 1 week. I did it last night and this morning, and it is still off the charts. :laugh: Ah well. :) I was perscribed Extra stong Gaviscon, and some Tablets for indigestion. The tablets seem to be doing something, as the pain has moved from the left side to the right side of my chest :lol:

Oh gosh, that doesn't sound good.

At the end of the month I've got an appointment for an ECG and then I having the 24 hour BM monitoring.
I had the BP monitoring last year and I hated it.

Ms.Sue

Ultra Member
Aug 10, 2015
UK

Glad to hear your chest pains have disappeared.
I hope you get you BP down soon :)

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Good to hear the pains have gone, but agree those figures look high, do you know what your normal ones are?
Generally the Systolic value should be 120 or less but up to 139 is okay with the diastolic 80 or less although up to 89 is okay (mine is normally 123/64 when I am calm & resting)
Yes i know it should be around 120/80 Bob. :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Last couple of days I've been using a 22" Samsung that a friend gave me as a standby - not a bad monitor for a TN panel, but not colour accurate!

So - unpacked it and disconnected the Samsung, turned the computer off, and lifted the monster onto the computer trolley ....hm! :(

Your display package includes:

• Display
• Power cord
• Video cable
• USB cable
• Quick Start Guide
• ViewSonic CD

No 'holes' in it the same as the cable connectors that were on the LaCie! There are a bundle of various cables with the monitor, but none look like that ...and furthermore, I can't see one that will fit in a corresponding place on the computer! I'm used to the large ones with a screw in on each side!
I think the one with a brick on it may be the power one with the three hole socket cable to go onto that, but the computer end of the 'brick' is a blue pin/jack type plug - all looks very confusing, so son is coming in the morning to see if he can find where it all goes - he can build computers so should know if there's one to fit amongst the bundle of them, and whether one will fit the computer end! I can see a small socket with HDMI stamped next to it ..perhaps that's the one :unsure:
He's at work until midnight, but I just sent him the PDF and he thinks it'll be OK once he finds the right cable from the assortment I have.

So, I'm back with the Samsung for now, and will try to stop thinking about it until tomorrow!
Ugh! I hate technology sometimes!
Most decent Video cards have this one which is the best; DVI socket:
dvi.jpg

and the monitor normally has a lead with this at the computer end DVI Plug:
DVI-plug.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Most decent Video cards have this one which is the best; DVI socket:
View attachment 531010
and the monitor normally has a lead with this at the computer end DVI Plug:
View attachment 531011
It's an Nvidia GeForce GT640.
Son called in earlier. I don't have an image of them, but there's a small M HDMI socket next to the one currently in use, and there isn't a cable included to fit that! It's either get the right cable or a new card ...opted to get the cable by the time he's back (he's away for 2 days now).
Bit fed up at not being able to set the new monitor up and see if it's as good as I'm hoping, as I need it to get some work & photo editing done.
This is it:
BlueRigger High Speed Mini HDMI to HDMI cable with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
81PoWFveqFL._SL1500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread