• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Okay, so I've been away for a few years, in a dark place without much technology....I am back in the real world, and my friend gifts me this amazing shiny new Kangertech gadget (topbox mini), much more advanced than the device I was used to - epipemods, egos etc, and gets me properly vaping again. One week on, I'm loving the vape this thing produces, but the settings are sooo confusing. I have, and like the ss coil in the device - second one after a weeks' use (pretty sure it's an ss coil, they all have red/clear bands on the base??). I do the whole three click thing to change to ss mode - with temp displayed next to the little ss in corner of screen. after a quick toot on the vape, it switches to displaying wattage and the little ss disappears:

Does this mean it is still in ss mode, and if so, surely I should not then be able to adjust the wattage, as I thought this was what the ss mode was supposed to regulate automatically?!?

In addition the "when battery is switch on, press all the three button to lock the key button and vice versa" instruction does not appear to work; I can't seem to lock this frustrating yet lovely bit of gear!?

call me thick, (happens often enough anyway) but even reading loads of threads, and watching loadsa vids, I'm struggling to work this one out - Help me understand?? please?
I don`t have one of them myself Bob, so no use to you. But there are a few on here that have that mod, so someone will pop in and help you out soon :)

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Just bought another 120ml of Raspberry Rasputin. :)
Must be a real good un Pipey :) I finished off the last of my ready made Doughnut King Last night, so today i cleaned and re wicked the tank and filled up with Chefs `Grandma`s Lemonade`Vaping it right now, and i gotta say i likey :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Okay, so I've been away for a few years, in a dark place without much technology....I am back in the real world, and my friend gifts me this amazing shiny new Kangertech gadget (topbox mini), much more advanced than the device I was used to - epipemods, egos etc, and gets me properly vaping again. One week on, I'm loving the vape this thing produces, but the settings are sooo confusing. I have, and like the ss coil in the device - second one after a weeks' use (pretty sure it's an ss coil, they all have red/clear bands on the base??). I do the whole three click thing to change to ss mode - with temp displayed next to the little ss in corner of screen. after a quick toot on the vape, it switches to displaying wattage and the little ss disappears:

Does this mean it is still in ss mode, and if so, surely I should not then be able to adjust the wattage, as I thought this was what the ss mode was supposed to regulate automatically?!?

In addition the "when battery is switch on, press all the three button to lock the key button and vice versa" instruction does not appear to work; I can't seem to lock this frustrating yet lovely bit of gear!?

call me thick, (happens often enough anyway) but even reading loads of threads, and watching loadsa vids, I'm struggling to work this one out - Help me understand?? please?
Hi Bob? ...sorry I can't help you with TC issues as I never use it on any of mine - just wattage. Perhaps in the next day or so, someone that knows will see your post and be able to help with it :)

Reactions: bigbob888

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

sounds like it is going back into power mode, I don't have a kanger mod, but there is confusion about the SSOCC coils in that they are NOT "SS wire" the SS refers to the outer casing see: Clearing Up the Confusion About The Kanger SSOCC Coils.

I don't believe Kanger make any SS wire coils only Kanthal/Nichrome (Power) and Ni200 (Temp)
EDIT: reading that link I posted it looks like they do now do a SS coil but the o-ring is pink (red = Nichrome, blue = Ni200, black = Clapton)

Last edited:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Am I right in thinking that when mixing a concentrate using a number of already well steeped flavourings, once the resulting mix had been shaken a few times over the course of a day/24 hours, it needs no further steeping until made into e-liquid by mixing with a base?
Sorry but Nope.
Steeping doesn't start until you add the concentrate to the rest of it, mainly the PG & VG although the Nic part can sometimes make a difference as well.

Think of it like fruit squashes of different flavours, adding the flavours together does nothing until you add the water.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Sorry but Nope.
Steeping doesn't start until you add the concentrate to the rest of it, mainly the PG & VG although the Nic part can sometimes make a difference as well.

Think of it like fruit squashes of different flavours, adding the flavours together does nothing until you add the water.
Think I worded that badly :facepalm: ....that's what I meant: the mixture of flavours doesn't need more than a good shake a few times and then an appropriate amount made into e-liquid by adding it to the base :laugh:
i.e. the flavours are already steeped by the manufacturer and don't need steeping to blend? ...only need steeping once added to the base.

Reactions: Bobw1951

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Think I worded that badly :facepalm: ....that's what I meant: the mixture of flavours doesn't need more than a good shake a few times and then an appropriate amount made into e-liquid by adding it to the base :laugh:
i.e. the flavours are already steeped by the manufacturer and don't need steeping to blend? ...only need steeping once added to the base.
You got it Trish :) Vapemail for me : 120 ml of rejuiced Raspberry Rasputin !

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You got it Trish :) Vapemail for me : 120 ml of rejuiced Raspberry Rasputin !

No mail for me today, but I did place an order for plenty of flavouring to make MCV, plus 500ml VG (to mix down the 12mg base I got), and some others including three Crème Anglaise flavours...love the BORD02 one but at £11.99 for 20ml, it's a bit costly! ;)
My Chef's flavouring site order was well over £30, and the All about e cigs code worked too!

I made just over 100ml MCV concentrate yesterday - will make a 100ml bottle of liquid with some of it this afternoon, and hope it tastes OK :)

sounds like it is going back into power mode, I don't have a kanger mod, but there is confusion about the SSOCC coils in that they are NOT "SS wire" the SS refers to the outer casing see: Clearing Up the Confusion About The Kanger SSOCC Coils.

I don't believe Kanger make any SS wire coils only Kanthal/Nichrome (Power) and Ni200 (Temp)
EDIT: reading that link I posted it looks like they do now do a SS coil but the o-ring is pink (red = Nichrome, blue = Ni200, black = Clapton)

cheers very much London Bob; I guess I'll leave it as is for the timebeing, and maybe go bother a man in a shop sometime, let him do the tricky stuff so long as I make a purchase ey? and yea I did read the article suggested, but due to my only having red/clear bands on my coils, and 'ss' inscribed on the red banded ones, it simply led to greater confusion/doubt (even fear!)oh dear, whats this fluid leaking into my air intake.......better go...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobw1951

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
cheers very much London Bob; I guess I'll leave it as is for the timebeing, and maybe go bother a man in a shop sometime, let him do the tricky stuff so long as I make a purchase ey? and yea I did read the article suggested, but due to my only having red/clear bands on my coils, and 'ss' inscribed on the red banded ones, it simply led to greater confusion/doubt (even fear!)oh dear, whats this fluid leaking into my air intake.......better go...

You're a nice guy. Why not just do something like an aspire nautilus mini bvc and any old battery underneath it? It really isn't about being cool - it's about making it work (imho).

Reactions: Pictor

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Following today`s news RE: Germany, i am guessing that ordinary citizens over there will be wanting Merkel`s head on a pike. That is what you get when you open your door to million`s of refugees without any check`s on their background.
I Predict an awful lot of unrest in that country in the near future, and she is to blame ! And before you ask, NO ! i don`t like her :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Following today`s news RE: Germany, i am guessing that ordinary citizens over there will be wanting Merkel`s head on a pike. That is what you get when you open your door to million`s of refugees without any check`s on their background.
I Predict an awful lot of unrest in that country in the near future, and she is to blame ! And before you ask, NO ! i don`t like her :laugh:
I agree with those thoughts - we did think she was really kind to the refugees, but seemingly not vigilant enough with who/what they were.

Re The Exit:
I saw a headline from the Daily Express on Press Preview, and found the article linked to below:
Brussels deal keeping Britain from being fully independent of EU sparked fury

Apart from it not being what we voted for, it means:
"An agreement would mean Britain paying a substantial contribution into the EU, although it would be less than full membership requires."

for me, the sooner Article 50 gets triggered, and no underhand deals done, the better!

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I still remember the pictures that came through from Munich when they were all arriving, and we all said how there were all these young fighting age men in the line up, not many families with children, and there was one clip that remained in my mind of one of them crossing his throat with his fingers when the camera panned past him.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Vapemail; The Therion DNA75 by LostVape (designed in the UK !!) bought from Vape Geek, along with an Italian Leather battery cover to replace the Black plain leather one, the Aspire Cleito 5ml Fat Boy tank bought from Caffè Vape in Camberwell:
20160725_092017.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread