• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Bob i wonder if you have any idea what`s happening with my ipv D2 ! It`s always been a bit of a weird mod. The other week i popped one of the duals but didn`t have time to make any, so i put a couple of ready made in, what came with either the Bellus or the crius.
Anyway, long story short, the ohm`s are 0.28 yet if i set the watts to anything higher than 12 watts it is burning and tastes ranc ! Just wondering if the mod is way over powered, or Knackered ?
Thinking about it i will just try it on a different mod and see what happens.

EDIT: Yep the ipv is the culprit ! Just put the tank on my Hana and it`s a perfect vape at 30 watts. Any idea if there`s a fix for the mod, or is it destined for the bin :laugh:

Last edited:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Sorry, only just saw this, but looks like you have found a solution :)
That was a good find, and although ECF blocked it, I found the piece where vapers meet the moles :D
:laugh: Yeah there is a thread on here as well Bob, pretty much explaining the same thing ! Kanthal CAN be used safely in TC mode with the Mod in question :) I`m glad i decided to see if there was a fix, coz it nearly went in the bin :banana:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
:offtopic: for all you doggie owners, this probably hasn't reached the UK yet, but is from an American on FB, might be worth keeping an eye on any jars you may buy in future:
12193421_1726238270940281_5147446973563081639_n.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
:offtopic: for all you doggie owners, this probably hasn't reached the UK yet, but is from an American on FB, might be worth keeping an eye on any jars you may buy in future:
Thanks Bob - haven't used any before, but you never know, so I'll remember that.

I do wish that the food manufacturers would opt to slowly reduce the sugar (and fat & salt) content rather than replace it with something like artificial sweetener. Re-educate peoples palates rather then replace it with something else.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
View attachment 591195
Yes i remember that from a staffy forum i used to go on Bob, i never use it personally, with Maya preferring Cheese :laugh: As i said, it is known about by a few, but good of you to warn folk who maybe in the dark about it :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I do wish that the food manufacturers would opt to slowly reduce the sugar (and fat & salt) content rather than replace it with something like artificial sweetener. Re-educate peoples palates rather then replace it with something else.
Hah! Tell me about it, Heinz being my worst offender, bring out Tomato soup & sauce salt free, yuck it tastes horrible had to throw the sauce away, at least I could add salt to the soup...

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Hah! Tell me about it, Heinz being my worst offender, bring out Tomato soup & sauce salt free, yuck it tastes horrible had to throw the sauce away, at least I could add salt to the soup...
Yes, in many cases, adding something like salt, and even sugar, could be left to the individual.
Some years ago, my Dad was in hospital and asked for some cordial to dilute - I hadn't bought any for years, and had a hard time looking through everything for one that didn't have artificial sweeteners - it's horrible stuff and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.

I liked Lucozade and Roses Lime Juice before I was married, and suddenly found years later that they didn't taste the same. Same thing: artificial sweeteners!

I don't add sugar in or on anything, so wouldn't find lower levels of natural/real sugar difficult to deal with.
In fact, I don't add salt to food on my plate ..only a sprinkle of herb sea salt to some things that are oven baked.

....and yes, I do like a rare bag of chips with salt and vinegar! :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I don't either, ground black pepper yes, but not salt, I do add it to a pan of fresh potatoes/carrots etc that I'm going to boil/simmer though, but then just a sprinkle of sea salt
Same with us - in fact, if I were cooking the potatoes, I probably wouldn't add salt to those! I'm no fan of salt, and seeing it's genuinely bad for us, I'm happy to avoid it when I can.
I do tend to bake some things in foil: fish, chicken, etc., and always sprinkle herbs and a pinch of the herb sea salt (Lakeland) over it before sealing the foil and cooking it.
I very much like ground black pepper!

Reactions: Bobw1951

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I'm no fan of salt, and seeing it's genuinely bad for us

Salt has had a hard time of it because of the belief that it raises blood pressure. However, salt is absolutely vital for brain function. If you're feeling a little vague take a pinch and it will help. Sodium is a crucial part of proper electrolyte balance. Indeed, if you are low carbing then you need MORE salt.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Salt has had a hard time of it because of the belief that it raises blood pressure. However, salt is absolutely vital for brain function. If you're feeling a little vague take a pinch and it will help. Sodium is a crucial part of proper electrolyte balance. Indeed, if you are low carbing then you need MORE salt.
I always take what these so called experts tell us with a "pinch of salt" :laugh: everything and anything in moderation will do us no harm...

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
My aversion to salt has little to do with the supposed health risks (long story).
I do know that when I was in hospital, I was given sodium in the form of a big tablet like an Alka-Seltzer that was dissolved in a small cup of water ...ick! :p

I always take what these so called experts tell us with a "pinch of salt" :laugh: everything and anything in moderation will do us no harm...
I agree too - as I understood it some years ago, salt was something that the body told us it needed, and that when it did, we'd naturally want to eat something salty.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Today (Mon 22nd), a close friend came down from Hawick with a special delivery: a large, heavy, black woolly standard poodle puppy!
She's the daughter of that friends 'Dad/sire' dog, Jordi, who just happens to be Sophie's cousin! (His Mum was Sophies aunt - the sister of her Dad). Seeing the line links, and the fact that it was via our close friend, we decided that we'd get her, as there wouldn't be another of this ilk along again.

After 10 years of love & affection all the way, Sophie left a huge gap in the house, so here we are two months later with this bundle of rather nice
trouble! ;)

It will be hard work, but we think it'll be worth it. Not only will we have the company of a big dog for hugs and walks, we'll have that big bark at the bottom of the stairs too - double bonus.

She's called Hetty, is 8 weeks old today (23rd) and has us worn out just 12 hours after her arrival!
I'm about to sit in a dimly lit kitchen with her and her bed, and try to get her off to sleep for at least most of what's left of the night. She's partially house trained, so not expecting miracles.
This was her last week:
Hetty 6.5wks  14.8.2016 .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread