Favorite bottom feed flavor chasing atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mhmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
Los Angeles
I only recently joined Reoville with an LP Grand and an RM2. The flavor off the RM 2 is great (.9 ohm, 28 g parallel), but I'm thinking about getting a 2nd atty that's good for flavor and has just a bit more airflow to it so the draw's not quite so tight.

I was looking at the catfish atty thread and was wondering what recommendations folks have for a squonking flavor chaser. (I don't really care about blowing big clouds.)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I hear very good things about the VA Cyclone with Cyclops (AFC) I have not tried it, but Papaw has one. I am very happy with my Quasar. You could get the RM2 drilled a little wider if you wanted to.
I hear good things about the Manta2, that Catfish Atty mods has coming out. I also heard there is a bottom fed Derringer out, by Cigreen. I have a regular Derringer clone, and the flavor is very good to me. (I have it on a mech mod, and the vapor is also very good-amazing.)

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Catfish has BF Atomics in stock. Adjustable air flow, very good for flavor. The RM4 that Rob sells is similar. I have a BF Zenith, which has great flavor, and is reportedly similar in flavor to the Atomics. I just got a Nuppin yesterday. If you can get your hands on one, they have great flavor. Little tricky to build on, but excellent craftsmanship on this atty!
And welcome to REOville!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
my blind squirrel luck finally found my IGO-S (from Reosmods) on my legendary (messy) desk.

small atty and great flavor for MTL folks

The IGO-S works great for us LH's too when drilled. So does the RM2's and RM3's, VA Cyclones without AFC, Hornet, etc. They are all favorites for flavor on my Reos along with a collection of Nuppin' and Chalice atty's.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Catfish has BF Atomics in stock. Adjustable air flow, very good for flavor. The RM4 that Rob sells is similar. I have a BF Zenith, which has great flavor, and is reportedly similar in flavor to the Atomics. I just got a Nuppin yesterday. If you can get your hands on one, they have great flavor. Little tricky to build on, but excellent craftsmanship on this atty!
And welcome to REOville!!

The rm4 is the exact same as the atomic that catfish sells. Rob just machines the logo off the afc. Great atty. Only atty I have not outgrown.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
The rm4 is the exact same as the atomic that catfish sells. Rob just machines the logo off the afc. Great atty. Only atty I have not outgrown.
Good to know. I wasn't sure if they sourced them from the same maker. I'd like to try one myself!

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Good to know. I wasn't sure if they sourced them from the same maker. I'd like to try one myself!

Unless rob has changed his source it will be a high quality eh pro clone. I have one and its top notch build quality.

Reactions: RuDawg7890

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Any thoughts on the freakshow mini?

I have a non-BF FSM on my VF at the moment. It's got good flavor, but as a dripper it's mildly annoying as the well is super shallow. I did order 2 bf kits from Fat Daddy Vapes that I'm thinking about trying one on a FSM.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Any thoughts on the freakshow mini?

Our very own Super_x_drifter did a video on the freakshow mini

I personally only have used the Nuppin' and the Odin and I vape unflavored most the time so regarding flavors I'm not the best for opinions on that. Figured I'd just link the video since I haven't seen it posted.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I'd say Cyclone with AFC bottom fed or a bottom fed derringer.

I just modded my derringer to bottom fed thst was a v1.2 but now is a v1.3 with 2 peice center post so it won't spin. Can't imagine how catfish will mod these with the new post so it drains well, though I've done it the best way which will take a person hours to do right without drilling the post.

Derringer is nice cause it has a small chamber and can be single or dual coil and has aI flow control. Great flavor Or big clouds! I get both though hehe.

Swamper

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Glendora n.j. USA
Just a heads up, I have 3 of the RM2's and the air hole is so easy to open up with drill bits no drill required. Find something small to hold your bits (vise grips if thats all you have) and start with the next biggest bit to increase your hole size and start working your way up. A small round file will also work and is nice to have. Enjoy.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I certainly agree with the favorable comments on the RM2, Igo-S (both drilled a tad) and the RM3. I have one of ea on my Reos. The Grand is sporting the Igo-S. Amazing flavor atty for MTL folks like me. I don't see that Rob has those now. I just see the IgoW. There was a great thread some time ago about this often over looked simple atty.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I recently got one of those tiny hand vice deals with tiny drill bits. Perfect for boring out air holes on soft metal attys.. just keep moving up to the next size bit so you don't go too big at once and all is too easy.

Did my soft aluminum top for my hornet with ease.. prob would work for the RM2 as well since soft brass.

Got the set cheap at menards.

P.S. I did use a dremel once on a rm2 and before I knew it the damn thing bored the hole out real damn quick much bigger then the size drill bit I was using.. crappy. Even tried to go slow.

Yeah the needle file would be perfect as well for steel caps.

Reactions: kkay59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread