Favorite drip tip style and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love me some drip tips.... I find different tips work well with different juices, tanks, and all the other variables. I always go for acrylic because TEETH and POTHOLES and they are surprisingly while they don't get hot with long use.

I used to be an all Ming girl, then Stiletto, both of which I still like but now that' I'm sub-ohming (tank, not drip) I'm liking the smaller wide boars.

And let's not forget, sometimes we pick our mod for the day for it's function as a fashion accessory as much any other reason, so looks count!

But my forever favorite is the 90 degree bent tips... you never have to tip your vape and if you're lounging, well, they are perfect for a reclined vape. Problem is, they are pretty hard to find... it took me hours online to find them in acrylic (thanks e-bay for being low on the google search list!)

What tip do you prefer and why? What are you using your favorite tips with?

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
I'm a little new to this, so I've not tried heaps of them. But, since moving to higher power, direct lung style tanks and drippers I find myself enjoying the wider bore tips with a narrower neck.

Admittedly, I take little note of form, I'm all about the function (yeah, I'm an Engineer... of Deutsche heritage... insert cliche here) and happen to be drawn to simple, straight, clean designs.

So, my favourites are all shortish (<15mm) stainless steel wide-ish bore (~9mm) straight tips with narrow necks (4-6mm). These do a great job of reducing the spitting reaching your mouth and they're very simple to clean. They occasionally hot a little hot, but I smoked hand-rolled cigarettes without filters for 25 years, so I think the nerves in my lips are already dead. :)

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I like teflon/PTFE drip tips. They don't get hot like metal drip tips and resist lip gunk.

I do like wide bore drip tip that are friction fit, no o-rings.

I'm with you... can't live without "uncrustable" drip-tips. I use them on everything.

They're not cheap but I gots t' have 'em!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I prefer black delrin derringer style drip tips on my rda's. Shorter is easier in my pocket and they are easy to drip through. I also prefer rda's to be brushed stainless and black mods. I'm boring. They are available from Fasttech for a dollar or two each. I keep watts and temp on the lower side so don't need protection from the coil.

Cloudd

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
I really like the derringer drip tip, friction fit, it's wide enough to drip directly and it doesn't get hot. But the height makes spit back more severe, if any. Metal derringer drip tip looks good too, and it doesn't go out of shape after long time of use. Most plastic does that (if thin)

Favourite would probably be glass wide-bore with metal base, 510. The glass (melted into shape, not cut) give a good tactile feel, doesn't get hot, but gets warm, and it feels classy lol. It gets juice on it tho.... But I don't mind that really.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Am a cool "tootle puffer" so like my tips to be tall and narrow bored.....Then there's the "decorative" factor 'cause, what the hey, the tip is the first and last thing I look at when I put it in my mouth. Molehill Mountain Drip Tips are my preferred tips (acrylic and wood from very short to very tall and in different shapes) and Bedazzle Tubes for decorative replacement glass for tanks. Have a blast matching my setups to my outfit of the day......Forget shoes! Ha! :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Stainless and integrated.
498px-Tilemahos-BitFumo-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread