Favorite Tobacco E-liquids 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen an updated tobacco e liquid thread. So, since there a lot of vendors out there selling some nice products, I thought it might be good for the collective wisdom to point us in the right direction. As a new vaper, I have discovered that finding a good tobacco flavor is tricky, and of course subject to individual preferences.
Please list your favorite tobacco juice, why you like it, the PG/VG ratio, nic level, tweaks and maybe your hardware and setting preferences.
It might be helpful to list flavors that didn't do it for you and why. Please be kind though!

Thanks!

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I bought commercial juices the first 2 years I vaped and I didn't find a good tobacco that wasn't oversweet, tasted like ashtray or dirt, smelled like sweaty socks and so on. Not one I tried I would reorder or finish the jug. The only juice I remotely liked was hangsen highway but it being 70pg, it was too sharp for me. Now with DIY I found Hangsen tobacco concentrates 60vg/40pg with some RTS tobacco absolute or IMW Garuda TA is my vape nirvana and I've been in this nirvana for 2 years now and will never buy another vendor juice again.
No need for me to roll the dice and hope anymore cause I have found the juices that I can vape right to the end

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Taste is subjective. If I made a list of the flavors I don't like you'd wonder why I vape. I vape 98% tobacco juice and some grape and cola(as standalones) because I have a dislike for so many flavors. I went by those same reviews in choosing something to try, opened the fresh out of the mail juice smell it, cringe then put the cap back on..seeping doesn't improve YUK. With whats going on with the FDA trying to ban vaping there's been a explosion of folx beginning to make juice cause the commercial juices they are vaping might not be available in the future or get very expensive from being taxed.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Taste is subjective. If I made a list of the flavors I don't like you'd wonder why I vape. I vape 98% tobacco juice and some grape and cola(as standalones) because I have a dislike for so many flavors. I went by those same reviews in choosing something to try, opened the fresh out of the mail juice smell it, cringe then put the cap back on..seeping doesn't improve YUK. With whats going on with the FDA trying to ban vaping there's been a explosion of folx beginning to make juice cause the commercial juices they are vaping might not be available in the future or get very expensive from being taxed.

I'm having the very same issue that you are describing. The only 2 of eight that I've tried and kind of liked are: Halo's Tribeca, and Ahlusions Cherry Wild Wood. I'm not sure that I would commit to either long term.

It seems that lots of new people are looking for a tobacco flavor, I assume they want to replicate smoking perfectly... which won't happen.

Personally, I just don't like the sweet. I'm looking for a savory complex flavor. Threre must be some options available that fit the bill. I might try a sampler from Halo, Tribeca was decent and Prime 15 was okish.

I assume that there has been progress in the tobacco area... I hear Black Note is great, but it's way too expensive for most people to use as an ADV (myself included!). I've heard good things about Kind Juice's Tobacco Ridge line. There must be others that are palatable AND affordable.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
No matter how many reviews you read, chat up a storm at the vape shop or pray this is the one. Its almost impossible to have a juice that I just rave over recommended to someone else who's pallet is different and that juice might taste yuk to them. I vape 5% flavoring with no sweetener, some vendor juices are 20% plus and mostly sweet to appeal better.
I ain't no spring chicken no more and have very low tolerance for a lot of things now. It was the utter parched I became from vaping overly sweet juices, no matter what flavor or who made it I had cotton mouth 24/7 and no amount of water quenched it, so drink all day and up all night pizzing. When I went into DIY I musta had 50+ bottles of juices that were from brand new to 1/2 full and thats a lot of money I gave away. Bottom line is your going to have to find your taste, if you do and take the lumps that come with trying to guess flavor profiles from reviews or other people.

Reactions: Enso

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've been mixing some Hangsen No. 5 flavoring at 7% with some a few drops of acetyl pyrazine 5%; it is really good. My other favorite is Hangsen USA Red flavoring with a few drops of Inawera DNB (an ashey base); really close to a Marlboro Red.

Some premixes I bought a while ago that were good was the Vape Wild Red and those tobaccos from Kalamazoo Vapor. Though, my ultimate favorite was AVE Boba's Bounty which is not made anymore :(.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I went to one shop that had probably over 10 tobacco flavors to try, but it made for a lot to sort through and I ended up going with the first one I tried and the strongest. When buying juice due to the cost I always ended up wanted something impressive and may have missed out on a lot of good subtle flavors. At another shop later, Uncle Junk's Jon Wayne was one very nice but subtle flavor I considered buying but there was nothing subtle about the price.

There are 2 premade juices I really love but really only like them with very specific low power, tight draw hardware. It's possible these might work at higher power if diluted. Goodejuice Patriot is a NET that can almost completely lack that grassy taste of NETs, but as well as being finicky is best with its sweetness offset by 6-12 mg nicotine. My Freedom Smokes Four Star General is in close competition.

There are still some awful, generic tobaccos out there, but a lot of good ones too. Another issue is many were formulated for low power, it may just be a matter of adding VG. DIY doesn't automatically avoid the crap flavors either, every awful premixed juice out there you can make yourself too. ;)

Reactions: Enso
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread