Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
We have a lot of manufacturer discussions but none dedicated to discussion of tobacco flavoring only. So let’s talk about your favorite tobacco flavoring regardless of who makes it. Let’s include TA's and WTA's in this discussion.

My favorite manufactures is a very short list

Hangsen
Inawera

I've also just recently sampled some TA and WTA from mother’s milk and was blown away by their real tobacco taste.

So let's here from the rest of you tobacco lovers.

Please let’s keep this discussion on point discussing only tobacco flavoring products and feel free to include your favorite tobacco recipes.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Great thread idea and I hope it does catch on. I vape mostly tobacco flavors and now that I've finally tried some of the Inawera flavors, along with the Rustica TA, I have several mixes that I like.

I'll start simple though. These are my favorite singles (nothing else added).

Inawera Vanilla for Pipe 3% steep 2 Weeks.

Hangsen Highway 4% steep 1 Week.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Great Thread!
Sometimes i use others but to me, the best tobacco flavors are Hangsen (variety of truly tobacco extracts) and a few Inawera (The Wera garden TA-Cuban, Garuda, Virginia, Wera garden dark Tobacco and DNB; their vanilla Tobacco is also very good, T de Milano S'camel; from Flavor Express there are a couple that are awesome: KNT and Seven Stars. And finally from vapingzone, Sept Wolves and Yuco (yuco is actually a Russian baker's flavor).

How many combinations or standalone! i was enjoying JimD recipe of 10 drops of Garuda with 6 of Godziki (clove) then i added a few drops of a flavor i was not using: Old havana, oh man...this combination rocks! So if someone wants to try JimiD recipe with a twist:

Inawera garuda TA----10 drops
Inawera Godziki (clove) 6 drops
Inawera Old Havana: 2 Drops

Finally i can use my Old Havana!

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
I m fond of many tobacco flavors. This is going to be an interesting thread.
My " go to" flavor, when I don't know what to vape for the day is Piece from Flavors Express(ECX). 50/50, 1.8% nic. 05dr/5ml. This is the closest to a bodied non-aromatic pipe flavor that I could find.
Piece is not the best I've got, nor is it a "wow" flavor. But it certainly has staying power for me. I also like Desert Ship, and USA red types. I like 555s and Burleys, Periques, and this and that. I never really acquired a taste for RY4 types although I have several.
I have 50mls of Piece flavoring which I got when Ecig Express ...... me off so much I decided to stir away from them.
My favorite tobacco flavor maker is Inawera, followed by German Flavors, and FlavourArt. Hangsen, and Flavors Express are OK.
I've recently played with One on One flavors and they are so,so for me
Capella tobaccos are decent but unremarkable
Flavor West is pretty poor, as is TFA
DIY Flavorshack is Horrible.
There are SC flavors offered by BCV and VZ. These are Flavors Express in my opinion but that remains to be confirmed. They have some awesome flavors too.

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
I love Sept Wolves. I just made a new juice which I really enjoy
VZ Sept Wolves 04dr/05ml
FA Dark Vapure 02dr/05ml
Try it you'll like it.

Great Thread!
Sometimes i use others but to me, the best tobacco flavors are Hangsen (variety of truly tobacco extracts) and a few Inawera (The Wera garden TA-Cuban, Garuda, Virginia, Wera garden dark Tobacco and DNB; their vanilla Tobacco is also very good, T de Milano S'camel; from Flavor Express there are a couple that are awesome: KNT and Seven Stars. And finally from vapingzone, Sept Wolves and Yuco (yuco is actually a Russian baker's flavor).

How many combinations or standalone! i was enjoying JimD recipe of 10 drops of Garuda with 6 of Godziki (clove) then i added a few drops of a flavor i was not using: Old havana, oh man...this combination rocks! So if someone wants to try JimiD recipe with a twist:

Inawera garuda TA----10 drops
Inawera Godziki (clove) 6 drops
Inawera Old Havana: 2 Drops

Finally i can use my Old Havana!

Reactions: David Wolf

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I m fond of many tobacco flavors. This is going to be an interesting thread.
My " go to" flavor, when I don't know what to vape for the day is Piece from Flavors Express(ECX). 50/50, 1.8% nic. 05dr/5ml. This is the closest to a bodied non-aromatic pipe flavor that I could find.
Piece is not the best I've got, nor is it a "wow" flavor. But it certainly has staying power for me. I also like Desert Ship, and USA red types. I like 555s and Burleys, Periques, and this and that. I never really acquired a taste for RY4 types although I have several.
I have 50mls of Piece flavoring which I got when Ecig Express ...... me off so much I decided to stir away from them.
My favorite tobacco flavor maker is Inawera, followed by German Flavors, and FlavourArt. Hangsen, and Flavors Express are OK.
I've recently played with One on One flavors and they are so,so for me
Capella tobaccos are decent but unremarkable
Flavor West is pretty poor, as is TFA
DIY Flavorshack is Horrible.
There are SC flavors offered by BCV and VZ. These are Flavors Express in my opinion but that remains to be confirmed. They have some awesome flavors too.

Going to try Piece from flavor Express. This will be a hit or miss thing, if I get lucky my order will be done by the good guy at ecig express (the one that sends you the stuff you ask for)...if i am not then my order will be fullfilled by MrCrap, the other employee that sends you whatever he has around without ever reading what you are ordering. Sad, but true. Hit or miss.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I've tried a few tobaccos so far in my DIY adventure. My opinions are

Hangsen Highway-6% great all day vape especially with 1 drop of acetyl pyrazine per 10 ml nice grassy taste
Hangsen Desert Ship-6% same as highway for greatness with a grassy taste and a drop of acetyl pyrazine
Hangsen No5-more nuttier than both highway and desert ship and still great vaping.
Hangsen Tab-5% My least favorite of the Hangsen but a but more nuttier than grassy
FlavorArt 7leaves-have to mix 10% and its still a bit weak but a good vape, smell and taste of a freshly opened pack of smokes.
Capella True Tobacco-5% has a medicine aroma and taste, not my liking
Flavor Art MaxxBlend- 5% super sweet smell but IMO it has a stale taste like some premixes get after sitting for months. YUK, I don't like at all
Inawera Canadian Type Tobacco-5% smells like opening a pack of cigs Haven't really tried it yet but it smells like a good contender.
RTS Tobacco Absulute-2% only a week old but great taste and makes a good base for adding other flavors.

I'm real happy with my Hangsen buys and looking forward to jotting down others opinions of other tobaccos since the Hangsen concentrates might become harder to find "in stock" in a lot of places.
I usually start all my flavor samples at 5% and go from there

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Going to try Piece from flavor Express. This will be a hit or miss thing, if I get lucky my order will be done by the good guy at ecig express (the one that sends you the stuff you ask for)...if i am not then my order will be fullfilled by MrCrap, the other employee that sends you whatever he has around without ever reading what you are ordering. Sad, but true. Hit or miss.

Oh My has ECX really gotten that bad. It's one of the main reasons I stopped ordering from them. But I may have to give in to try that Piece flavoring.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Some really great posts here lets keep them coming. I've stopped ordering flavorings because I have Sooooo many flavors. So lets see if you all can tempt me back to ordering:)

So far it looks like there are a lot of Hangsen and Inawera lovers here.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Inawera and Hangsens are what I have been using. S'camel is one of my favorites. Great to have a thread like this!

S,camel is one of my Fav's as well.

My favorite Hangsen's are tab, No.5, Elder captain, red USA, highway and gold & silver. As far as the arabic......Not so much but still a great flavor just not my cup of tea.

Love combining these with

Virginia TA
Samara TA
and just getting into mothers milk TA and WTA's

Also did some of my own tobacco extractions with mixed results.

Also did some experimentation with TFA's flavor molecules (Not flavorings) when I cloned some halo mixes with some pretty good results which tought me a lot about additives which I now apply to my present mixes.

Some examples of these are

AP
triacetin
trimethyl pyrazine
methylbutyr aldehyde

yea I know mad scientist stuff:)

Last edited:

Just1Fixxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Ohio
Oh My has ECX really gotten that bad. It's one of the main reasons I stopped ordering from them. But I may have to give in to try that Piece flavoring.

I've ordered 5 or 6 times in the last 5 months without issue. Maybe they made some changes... (or maybe I just got lucky).

Reactions: David Wolf

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
I'm gonna bookmark this thread. I just started DYI. Bought the FA black honey and Maxx blend from RTS vapes. Wizard labs ry4 double and Asian acetyl pyrazine and some fruits. GGAAHHHH. don't know where to start without wasting a bunch of flavor. Got different sized glass syringes beakers flasks a magnetic mixer and a bunch of other labware. Made a pretty good classic ry4 but too much of the AP wreaked it (oh only one drop you say?) see ya helped me already.

Reactions: Bronze

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
My favorite tobacco vape has always been Virginia. When I started DIY several years ago, that was the first recipe I experimented with because it's the one flavor I have going all the time. I wanted a blend that was as close to BWB as I could get. It's not a fancy vape by any means but it just works for me. I think it tastes like fresh cigarette tobacco smells, if that makes sense--- that smell you'd get when you opened a fresh pack of smokes. I use FA Virginia and mix 2-3 drops of TA per 10 ml of flavoring. I then make my juice at 3% of the mixture and add some ethyl maltol to round it out. It's the first thing I go to with my morning coffee and the flavor I grab after a meal. The TA I use came from TFA before she stopped selling it so I'm not sure what category it fits in, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say it's Virginia TA.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
7 Leaves by Flavour Art is a must try (in my opinion).

7 Leaves is the only flavor I have ordered time and again among all the ones that I have tried - and I have tried many. One reason it has been overlooked so far I suspect is because it needs a long, long steep. It is easy to give up on a flavor after a week or two of waiting.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
The TA I use came from TFA before she stopped selling it so I'm not sure what category it fits in, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say it's Virginia TA.

I have tried TA from TFA and it's very similar to TA from ECX. I'd say ECX is even a tad better.

Reactions: MacTechVpr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread