Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Yeah, I'd agree with that. I'm not great at isolating flavors and notes, to be honest. But Highway is a favorite of mine, and Indian is along that spectrum somewhere. It's got a little bit of a nice funk to it. Not as "clean" as highway to my buds, but I don't mean that in a bad way. One of my top-5 Hangsens for sure.

canevar

Sep 28, 2015
Funny, now I am tasting %5 indian. This tastes exactly like Bravura from Black Note. I have tried it last week. I didn't like both that much.

Description of Bravura: "Bravura is described as starting with the “smooth, rich undertones of the finest red burley” before progressing to a complex, full-bodied vape in the style of perique tobaccos, aiming for an earthy aroma with subtle hints of fruit. The start of your draw is marked by an earthy, musty, yet smooth and almost sweet quality from the red burley, before the dark complexities of the perique start to come through on the nose."

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Bravura from Black Note.

Dang it! Ya had to go and say that!

I've tried all of the Black Note liquids and the Bravura was my least favorite of them all! I like, nut, funky and Perique tobacco, however, Bravura did not float my boat. It actually had almost a plasticy smell to me. I wondered what could have caused that flavor note.

Reactions: Kenna and JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

I've tried all of the Black Note liquids and the Bravura was my least favorite of them all! I like, nut, funky and Perique tobacco, however, Bravura did not float my boat. It actually had almost a plasticy smell to me. I wondered what could have caused that flavor note.
I've never tried the Indian, but I seriously doubt you'll get any off flavor from Hangsen unless it's a bad bottle. Just remember what Danny and others said about it and hang in there. Hopefully you'll love it. :vapor:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

You have to realize that everyone taste things differently so the only one that can give you an honest evaluation of taste is you. I've read descriptions and reviews of flavorings thinking this is exacty what I'm looking for only to be disappointed when I try them. Then there were others that were exactly what I was looking for but were nothing like the reviews. So reviews do help get you in the ball park but there not a defacto guide.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Just received a few new tobacco flavors from ecigExpress Tobacco Express line:

Wuyeshen
Huanghelou
Red Demon
Huangguoshu
Seven Stars
Hongjinlong

I've been impressed with the tobacco express line from ECX so far with the handful which I've tried.

Here's hoping these flavors are just as good!

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
How do they compare to a Hangsen or Inawera?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I've tried the Black Mile, Mild Seven, Yunyan and 234 Dji Sam Soe. I find these tobacco flavors just as satisfactory as HS and INW. The percentage used in mixing and steep time is comparable with HS. INW seems to compare to FA when it comes to steep time. The ECX line of tobaccos is very similar (I dare say identical) to that of BCV Super Concentrates; get the feeling they are from the same China supplier.

One thing I can say is, the price of the ECX line of tobaccos is excellent, as is the quality and flavor of the product. ECX honors their discounts on tobacco flavors which are already marked at special pricing.....can't say other vendors do that!

canevar

Sep 28, 2015

Keep it in the card and report if it has any resemblance to bravura :) My taste buds are not trustable at all. I don't get plasticity, but somehow a taste on its own that I don't enjoy much, but still I can vape it.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
HS Indian has a slight incense type note to it that's somewhat off putting, for me in particular. Ymmv
Now that you mention it, it is incense-like to me as well. Was never able to describe it though. I keep playing around with it to see what it will work with but that incense taste tends to dominate my mixes. Might just be one of those that disagrees with me.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I mixed it once by accident with a little leftover in a bottle and it was not good. My word on it is its not one to mix, I think it will only be more wierd. The incense taste just gets to a worse taste.

I'd say it's a take it or leave it flavor, if you like it or not.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
It didn't take me that long to get on with the Arabic, probably the third time I vape it I was sold. A few tries usually, a few days apart will tell me. Sometimes you don't know till you put it down and pick it up again to get prospective and not the first impression of the change from what you were vaping.

But yes some for sure may like it I have heard others say so but just not for me. :)

Biff_B

Aug 13, 2015
Just received a few new tobacco flavors from ecigExpress Tobacco Express line:

Wuyeshen
Huanghelou
Red Demon
Huangguoshu
Seven Stars
Hongjinlong

I've been impressed with the tobacco express line from ECX so far with the handful which I've tried.

Here's hoping these flavors are just as good!

Saw your post and been wanting to try a few of those flavors. My order from ECX today:

555 by FW
555 by FE
Captain
Yuxi
Huangguoshu
Haorizi
Honghe
Hongjinlong
Hongtashan
Premium Tobacco by FE (premix w/ good review)

Still trying to nail down a recipe I've been chasing for while, hoping one of these gets me on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread