Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I add the Rustica (Thanks Danny!) to all (what few I like) of my tobacco's, including my RY4 mix. Also vape it alone once in a while.

Sadly, I don't have the time to do my own NETS (although I have thought about it). Maybe after I win the lotto. ;)
Cold maceration takes very little actual working time. Put however much tobacco you want in mason jar, cover tobacco with pg/vg/or both, put lid on it, wait a week or two, filter and bottle.

I actually prefer cold extraction to hot, just have to wait for it.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Cold maceration takes very little actual working time. Put however much tobacco you want in mason jar, cover tobacco with pg/vg/or both, put lid on it, wait a week or two, filter and bottle.

I actually prefer cold extraction to hot, just have to wait for it.

What kind of nicotine content do you wind up with when you extract your own tobacco? Do you add nicotine afterwards?

Reactions: Kenna

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I add the Rustica (Thanks Danny!) to all (what few I like) of my tobacco's, including my RY4 mix. Also vape it alone once in a while.

Sadly, I don't have the time to do my own NETS (although I have thought about it). Maybe after I win the lotto. ;)
Been wanting to try Rustica. Maybe we should collectively restart the diy pif thread. Or could we have our own just for tobaccos?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
From all indications the actual nicotine extracted is negligible. You mix it like you would any other flavoring adding your preferred nicotine amount. I usually mix my extract at about %15, depending on the strength of the extracted tobacco and how much if any mixers you add.

I'm about to go purchase a couple packs of American Spirit for cold maceration, they make for a nice NET and are easily obtained. Doesn't hurt I have a couple of coupons that make them $2 a pack :)

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Silly question as I have not yet ventured into making my own extractions, would this work with a tobbacco from say a cigarette, and would it taste like the cigarette used, maybe add some dnb to mimmick the ash and paper and add some nic.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
NETs don't quite mimick the taste of burning tobacco that way. Burning tobacco changes its flavor. It'll taste more like chewing on an unlit cigarette.

You'd probably be better off extracting a rolling tobacco or pipe.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
NETs don't quite mimick the taste of burning tobacco that way. Burning tobacco changes its flavor. It'll taste more like chewing on an unlit cigarette.

You'd probably be better off extracting a rolling tobacco or pipe.

I found adding a bit of INW Dirty Neurtal Base and FA Black Fire to a NET helps in that area. My Peter Stokkebye London Export NET turned out very tasty with those additions.

Still, combustion does change everything! ;)

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Silly question as I have not yet ventured into making my own extractions, would this work with a tobbacco from say a cigarette, and would it taste like the cigarette used, maybe add some dnb to mimmick the ash and paper and add some nic.
The only cigarette I would use is American Spirit, it taste sort of like a fresh pack of cigarettes smell.

Here are the two I just did. Most everyone I know likes American Spirit NETs after trying them.

Just tear open the cigarettes, add about 2.5oz of PG, lightly stir, put lid on and wait about 10 days then filter tobacco through mesh strainer to remove rough tobacco, finally filter through 1/2/or 3 micron paper filter.

RHiGTmb.jpg

Last edited:

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I found adding a bit of INW Dirty Neurtal Base and FA Black Fire to a NET helps in that area. My Peter Stokkebye London Export NET turned out very tasty with those additions.

Still, combustion does change everything! ;)
Yes that adds smokiness. But I just wanted the poster to understand that it still does not mimick the taste of the particular tobacco being burned. Like you said, the act of combustion gives a tobacco its flavor. We're not doing that. We're capturing the essence of unburned tobacco, then adding notes of smoke or ash to that.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that. In fact I think it's great. Just that the flavor generated is different, and if he wants that specific flavor, he's likely going to be disappointed.

The key is loving the taste of the unburned tobacco.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I think of it more loving the smell of unburned tobacco. If you are the type of person who loved smelling a freshly opened pack or the aroma of a stocked humidor you will almost certainty enjoy NET.

If you are looking for burning cigarette flavor some NETs are a good base but you will certainly need to add smoke and or ash.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I think of it more loving the smell of unburned tobacco. If you are the type of person who loved smelling a freshly opened pack or the aroma of a stocked humidor you will almost certainty enjoy NET.

If you are looking for burning cigarette flavor some NETs are a good base but you will certainly need to add smoke and or ash.

This comment makes me rethink wanting to use the NET Tobaccos that are too real because I would hate to have it make me want to smoke again. A burning cigarette used to smell good but not anymore. I might be overthinking this but...................

Reactions: Kenna and JD1

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I never thought a lit cigarette smelled good and I smoked Reds for 23 years.

I have always thought fresh tobacco smelled good, before I put PG on the American Spirit perique blend I took a big whiff and it smelled a little like fresh black tea. Really nice aroma, very mellow with a slight hint of smokiness.

NETs have never made me want to smoke, if anything it's the other way round.

There are NET threads if you want to discuss further, I don't want to derail this thread any more. Just my my favorite flavoring is NET.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
But your mentioning the smell of a fresh pack of smokes brought back memories and I will admit they were good memories! But I do not want anything to make me start turning to the dark side again.
I hear you, if you are happy with what you currently use and are afraid it might make you want to smoke I would stay with what makes me comfortable.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I hear you, if you are happy with what you currently use and are afraid it might make you want to smoke I would stay with what makes me comfortable.

That is my conundrum I spent years trying to find a Tobacco flavored e-Liquid I liked and settled on Buck Naked. Now that I am DIY'ing I have made a few Tobaccos and one was Sweet Pipe. But with the ability to make something so close it smells like a fresh pack of smokes that scares me a little bit. I am now into flavors which 2 months ago I was still saying no for me! Sort of Catch 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread