Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
The flavors of the dark for pipe will mellow just a bit and the distinct over powering sweetness will meld in with the other flavors over time. So if it don't agree with you now put it away for a few weeks and revisit it. You'll see a distinct improvement in it.

Yeah, though it's always going to be a much bolder flavor than, say, Highway.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Cool - good to know. Definitely going to put the mix away for awhile. Not my cup of tea currently I decided.

Does this mean that there's a chance I might not like the other Inawera "Pipe" varieties?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I want to go on the record saying how amazing it is for me to be 3/3 on any liquids.... I bought so many flavors because usually (with finished liquids) I'm lucky to like (nay - TOLERATE) 1 out of 10. And now I'm 3/3 for actually "liking" the liquids!! This is crazy!

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have finally given away the last of my commercial juices. I musta been at least 50+ bottles of various amounts. I revisited some of the better juices, either to strong or too sweet and a tank was enough so I had to set them free. Been vaping this Hangsen for a year and half now and can vape them for eons to come and not get tired of them.
But I'm curious to if I bought a whole pile of HS tobacs in the 50 jug, enough for several years would it be in my best interest to remove them out of the plastic jugs then put into glass and not sure after that what to do, in the freezer, cold room(where the VG and PG are) or just in my closet where they are now.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
That's a good point. I really should get on with mixing a little more of each so they can start steeping.

Oh and I get to pick/mix another flavor tonight! What to pick, what to pick.... I might run a ml of unflavored through my coil since it's still good and the Black For Pipe is such a strong flavor.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I have finally given away the last of my commercial juices. I musta been at least 50+ bottles of various amounts. I revisited some of the better juices, either to strong or too sweet and a tank was enough so I had to set them free. Been vaping this Hangsen for a year and half now and can vape them for eons to come and not get tired of them.
But I'm curious to if I bought a whole pile of HS tobacs in the 50 jug, enough for several years would it be in my best interest to remove them out of the plastic jugs then put into glass and not sure after that what to do, in the freezer, cold room(where the VG and PG are) or just in my closet where they are now.

No chemist here but all my excess is in glass bottles and in the freezer.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

I've taken a few of the 20 or so 50ml bottles I have and put them on ice to see how they freeze. they've been frozen about a year and they seem to be OK. Bottle them in glass before freezing.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
So I tried to get a little mad chemist with the below as a variation of a Prime 15 Recipe I found. Replaced the Chocolate with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream... I guess I did NOT like the Vanilla Bean flavor in there..

Did not like:

5bdfa4199aed0e77acf76be889b7f252.jpg

So I dumped that outta my tank and ran some unflavored/no nic PG through the tank... Haha. Then dumped that and added the below.

The below so far tastes SUPERB! [emoji108]

640a64c95beca9cfcb015c1a1b781555.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD1

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
*If someone held a gun to my head and said I could only vape 1 juice out of all of those that I've mixed or bought, I think at this moment, I'd pick the Hangsen Desert Ship. I still need to try the other brand of Desert Ship as well.

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just updating... I'm gonna let the last little recipe steep for awhile. I just mixed up some FA Desert Ship. It's much stronger tasting than HS. quite a bit stronger. But - I'm kinda liking it! And after/during this glass of Johnny Walker Black Label, it's delightful. :) (*I also kinda speed steeped it in warm water for 30 min and shook the heck outta it...)

And I'm really liking having so many options so my taste buds don't get stale... I get vapers tongue quite frequently (always have.... Like practically every other day).

But since I started this DIY and switching flavors - no vapers tongue at all!

mike26038

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
Glen Dale, WV
At what percentage of HS desert ship is best? I mix using 24mg 50/50, and just ad flavoring.

My normal flavoring is now unavalible. I was using Menthol Ice from EJC Labs, I'm not sure if they went out of business, but I can't get ahold of them. It tasted like the My Freedom Smokes desert ship, with a very slight and cool menthol flavor.

So I figure I would try a desert ship, and try to ad some menthol to it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
At what percentage of HS desert ship is best? I mix using 24mg 50/50, and just ad flavoring.

My normal flavoring is now unavalible. I was using Menthol Ice from EJC Labs, I'm not sure if they went out of business, but I can't get ahold of them. It tasted like the My Freedom Smokes desert ship, with a very slight and cool menthol flavor.

So I figure I would try a desert ship, and try to ad some menthol to it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Im a newbie, but if it helps, I'm at 6% on this FA version. At this very moment, I'm thinking I'll go with 4% next time - haha. But that could change of course. :)

I'm 65% PG and 14mg/ml.

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've also had the same Aspire BVC coil in my Billet box for a week and it still seems brand new to me...

Even in my KF5 or other rebuildables, I'd be expecting to have changed coils by now, let alone a pre-built!

Point being is that this juice seems easy on coils!

Reactions: usr/

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Not sure if you want a true clone or are happy just making something similar. But after checking EJC's website (which is still up and running) I saw that besides the ready-to-vape e-liquid, they also sell flavor concentrates. And one of the concentrates they sell is Menthol Ice by Super Concentrates (SC). So, I am guessing, this is what they used for at least the base of your ready-to-vape (if it wasn't an outright single-flavor blend). Of course they are out of stock of that as well, and so were several other of my normal DIY suppliers, so I don't know if SC/China is out of stock or no longer making this particular flavor. But I did find a vendor, who is even on your side of the country, who still seems to have some stock. Here's the link:
SC-Menthol Ice Super Concentrated Flavor
I have not used Vaping Zone so I am not vouching for them; you'll have to decide for your self. But if you know them, you may want to stock up or at least call them and see if they know of any supply issues.
I hope this helps a little. :toast:

Reactions: stanleybb50

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Oh, thank you so much. I never realized Super concentrates was a brand. I always thought it was the EJC made. EJC has been unresponsive for over a month now, so idk what they are up to.

I'm ordering some from vaping zone now.
:lol::lol::lol: I know exactly what you are talking about! I used to get so frustrated when I saw a really tasty recipe that called for a super concentrate flavor. "Who's super concentrated flavor?!" I would shout at myself. Needless to say I felt like I was part of an Abbot & Costello skit when I finally asked!

Like I mentioned in the previous post, I don't know if SC has production issues or if they are discontinuing that particular flavor, so you may want to contact a stock vendor (like Vaping Zone) that is willing to reply back, and see if they know any more accurate info on future availability.
Anyhow, I'm glad it was some help! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread