Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
A nice DIY tobacco concentrate would be T juice's Cubana. It's not House of Liquid material but it's pretty good and way cheaper.
That one is new to me. Looks like it's based on an absolute. Reviews sound good.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: smacuser

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Right now, my favorite Tobacco flavor is HS Virginia. I like HS Shade for a nice change here and there. I'm trying to decide what to do with HS Dark Vapure. It's interesting, but probably needs to be mixed in with a tobacco flavor.

Hangsen juices rate high in my favorite tobacco flavors. HS Tobacco, HS Deluxe Tobacco, and HS RY1 are good, as well as my favorite HS Virginia.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Been meaning to try those SCs. All I've done is Black and Mild (underwhelmed). Will put French Pipe and Cohiba in my next BCV order.

If you haven't already, give this a try:

5% Black & Mild
5% TFA Black Honey Tobacco

It's not very tobacco-forward, but a tasty vape nonetheless.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Been hitting home runs with Super Concentrates lately. Loving their RY4. I have 6 RY4 from various manufacturers in my inventory, and theirs is by far my favorite. Who'd a thunk it!

Striking out with FA, with the exception of their Cuban Supreme. I have their Tuscan Reserve but haven't tried it yet.

I have been trying various TFA but haven't found anything I like other than their RY4 Double. Their Western was horrible single flavor. I bought 30 mls of their "Black Mile" with high expectations, but it's very "eh" next to SC's. All TFA tobaccos seem to have a watery undertaste to me.

Seems like, as I acquire new Hangsens, I'm having to go higher and higher on % to get any flavor out of them. Maybe it's just me. I do like their Indian Tobacco, but not enough to make the top 5.

The 2 INW absolutes I tried are great. Going to try them all.

Darn near a week without any posts. In an effort to keep this thread going, here's my current top 5 single flavors (excepting NET, which is a whole category unto itself). Anyone else wanna chime in with theirs?

Of course, tomorrow my list is probably different. But this is today.

1) Dark for Pipe (INW)
2) Indian Tobacco (HS)
3) Gold for Pipe (INW)
4) Elder Captain (HS)
5) Tuscan Reserve (FA)

Single flavors, right at this moment...
1) Island Tobacco SC
2) Virginia Tobacco Absolute INW
3) RY4 SC
4) Cohiba SC
5) Cuban Cigar Absolute INW

A lot of SC on that list.

Last edited:

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
If you haven't already, give this a try:

5% Black & Mild
5% TFA Black Honey Tobacco

It's not very tobacco-forward, but a tasty vape nonetheless.
I've got both, will try that. 5% is right fo r the SC version? Been doing 2.5 as a single flavor.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
I've always vaped mainly tobacco flavours and have been using DIY juice for 5 yrs. For the first couple of yrs I tried loads of different manufactures but then I stumbled across the SC line.
SC flavours are all I use for DIY these days with the exception of the odd dessert flavour.
Unfortunately I can't source them in the UK but I've got enough to last for years.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Lotta love for SC. Guess it's time to start filling a cart ...

Those who know me know I'm mainly a single flavor guy. I don't get into the mad scientist mixing thing too much. But I've got a few flavors that I liked, but found incomplete. I think I've made something worthwhile.

The flavors in question are FA Desert Ship, which has a really interesting character, but little to no tobacco base to give it the depth that I like. And then we've got Captain Black for Pipe, which has that lovely For Pipe base, but with little to no nuance.

Stage 1, I mixed equal parts of FA DS (mixed at 2.5 percent) and Captain Black (mixed at 3.33 percent). Note, that these are not final mixing percentages, they were the percentages of the mixed juices that I combined.

This was good. It produced a juice with the robust and deep tobacco character so many of us love in the For Pipe series, and brought those spice notes that make FA DS so interesting. Yet it still didn't feel rounded out. I ended up adding a bit of HS Arabic, and it smoothed everything out really nicely. So what I've got is:

2 Parts Captain Jack (premixed at 3.33)
2 Parts Desert Ship (premixed at 2.5)
1 Part Arabic (premixed at 4)

Really digging this. It almost feels like I've found a whole new entry into the For Pipe series.

mechanism

Jan 6, 2013
UK
Darn near a week without any posts. In an effort to keep this thread going, here's my current top 5 single flavors (excepting NET, which is a whole category unto itself). Anyone else wanna chime in with theirs?

Of course, tomorrow my list is probably different. But this is today.

1) Dark for Pipe (INW)
2) Indian Tobacco (HS)
3) Gold for Pipe (INW)
4) Elder Captain (HS)
5) Tuscan Reserve (FA)

Here are my top 5 flavors for the last few months in order of favourites :)

1. Indian (HS)
2. Cohiba (SC) mixed in equal parts with Virginia TA (INW) and DNB (INW) @ 1%
3. Dark for Pipe (INW)
4. Magic Mix (HS)
5. Arabic (HS) or Black for Pipe (INW) on rare occasions when I want a more full-flavoured vape

I've tried lots of TAs over the years, including the PA one that they stopped selling (which I still have a small amount of), then there was the Azure one and now the INW range, which are so much easier to work with. The INW Virginia is the TA I use the most, I love that one.

I like the HS Indian so much as a single flavour that I've been wary of adding anything else to it, but am curious whether it'd mix well with a TA or a little DNB....

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Been meaning to try those SCs. All I've done is Black and Mild (underwhelmed). Will put French Pipe and Cohiba in my next BCV order.

I honestly don't get anything other than a nice broadleaf tobacco from SC Cohiba but I've seen others report various things such as strong ash, spicey, cedar, ect. For me it makes a fantastic mixer, and the first thing I turn to for rescuing an experiment gone wrong. I'm looking forward to seeing what you get from it.

On the other hand, the French Pipe tastes like a very complex mix. Very well done though because the tobacco is always there and some sort of dark fruit, maybe plum. Here in my room, I look like one of those young whipper snappers on YouTube, inhaling my spent vapor back through my nose lol. :vapor:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    New to the game, but here we go:

1. Dark Vapure (most like FSUSA Pall Mall)
    2. Red USA
    3. Maxx Blend (FA)
    4. Tab Blended
    5. SoHo

I'm still trying to work out the percentages for Double RY4, Elder Captain and Black Mile.

I really want to get a 555 and can't decide between HS #5 or Highway.
    Maybe I'll get both.

aceswired

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Minnesota
    New to the game, but here we go:

1. Dark Vapure (most like FSUSA Pall Mall)
    2. Red USA
    3. Maxx Blend (FA)
    4. Tab Blended
    5. SoHo

I'm still trying to work out the percentages for Double RY4, Elder Captain and Black Mile.

I really want to get a 555 and can't decide between HS #5 or Highway.
    Maybe I'll get both.
    What % on the Dark Vapure? I haven't been able to get it right.

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    What % on the Dark Vapure? I haven't been able to get it right.

I think I hit it on the head the first try at 2%.

I've been wanting to add to it to make it more interesting with some EM or DNB.

Hi! My first post here! (but I follow this forum from some times now) ;)
    I vape since 2013 and I do DIY since 2014 here in my home in Montréal.

Thanks all for this creativity of this Tobacco thread, I learned a lot!

My favorites Tobacco:
    French Pipe (SC)
    Black Jack (INW) This vapor smell so good, everybody passing by will tell you
    BM Black & Mild Cigar (SC)
    7 Leaves Ultimate (FA)
    Dromedary (INW) (know as S'Camel)
    Dunhill (SC)
    M Tobacco (SC)
    Winston (INW)

This is my favorites recipes and they are pretty easy to do, and satisfy me :wub:
    Made in PG60/VG40 ratio

7 Dromedary

2% Dromedary (S'Camel) (INW)
    2% 7 Leaves Ultimate (FA)
    0,5% DNB (INW)

Black Jack Cigar
    2% BlackJack (INW)
    2% BM Cigar (SC)
    0,5% DNB (INW)

French Pipe
    3,5% French Pipe (SC)
    0,5% DNB (INW)

Cherry Vanilla Pipe
    3,5% Cherry Pipe
    1% Shisha Vanilla (INW) or 1% Vanilla for Pipe (INW)
    0,5% DNB (INW)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread