Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
It is rebottled with a vaping zone label.

Just wondered if the perfume taste is normal and eventually goes away with steeping. I only ordered it from VZ cause it was out of stock everywhere. Guess I could've ordered from RTS. Anyways I have an assortment coming from BCV hoping those will be excellent.

Maybe I'll just order from BCV now.
Thx for any input you folks have.

I happily vape RTS rebottled HS desert ship and I also have the Bullcity original bottles. I use it as a base for my wifes cotton candy vape and have switched them around and she hasn't noticed a difference. I don't understand the perfume..my desert ship has no perfume at all after I've mixed a batch, subtle nutty smell with a grassy tone is my take on the smell.

Reactions: yooperdad

-SMT-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Hawaii
^ Ok....the HS DS I recieved from VZ must be bad then. Freshly mixed even down to 2.5% is really perfumey. I'm gonna assume they rebottled it with something else or added something to it. I can taste a spectacular tobacco in the background, but the perfume taste kills it. I'll just wait till BCV gets DS back in stock.

On another note, I have these coming from BCV :smokie:

Highway
No.5
Tab
Arabic
Indian
RY1
Iwa 555 gold
iwa VTA
iwa DNB

Btw- been vaping black note NET's, and its too d%#m expensive, hope I can make the switch to DIY

Last edited:
Reactions: JD1

-SMT-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Hawaii
Ah ha!

After closer examination of my problematic Desert Ship, I was inspecting the flavor bottle and label that Vaping Zone shipped. I noticed it says SC Super concentrated use at 2.5 %.

I knew something wasn't right as users here are mixing it 4-7% or so.
I went to the vaping zone site, and sure enough they sell Hangsen DS concentrated, and desert ship super concentrated they mistakinly sent me. (whoever makes that one its gross.)

I checked my email, and yep I ordered the Hangsen concentrate.
I knew i wasn't going crazy, this stufff is nasty.

Waiting to hear from VZ to see if they'll ship the correct order. fingers crossed. Sorry to bore you all, lol.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Nice to see the perfume problem is solved, I'd bought a premixed Orange flavor that has a perfume in it that went with the orange flavor, a little distracting but I was able to live with it. I'm moving on to a FlavorArt Perique Black, I'm hoping to fine a tobacco with a hint of sweetness in it but I have a feeling it won't happen. I refrigerate the liquids to slow down chemical reactions, I also heard a dark refrigerator is the best place to store e liquids.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Has anyone ever mixed like 6 different tobacco together at 1-2% and got good results???
Like FA 7 leaves 2%
Ina am4a 2%
Ina gold Ducat 2%
And a few more with good results?
Seems like it'd turn out a bit muddy and nondistinct. But I'm sure someone has done so with good results.

I tend to think less is usually more.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mechanism

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Has anyone ever mixed like 6 different tobacco together at 1-2% and got good results???
Like FA 7 leaves 2%
Ina am4a 2%
Ina gold Ducat 2%

I usually mix and steep my flavours as separate juices. I've also tried them all as standalone and after a few years, i concluded that none of them gave a really satisfying taste. So now i mix flavoured juices, usually 2 to 4, perhaps with some enhancers, but never random, there's always a thought/idea. Usually some (grassy, fresh) tobacco, bit of spice, some smoke or ash, some sweetness or chocolate (tip from this thread).

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I love me some dnb mixed with Hangsen desert ship and a touch of AP

I have some tobacco flavors that turned out too dry and uninteresting. Those I mix with about 25% FA or HS Desert Ship. That turns it into something better and more vapable. :)

Inawera 555 Gold at 3% is one of those. HS No. 5 at 4% is another. They are both way too dry and uninteresting.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Like FA 7 leaves 2%
Ina am4a 2%
Ina gold Ducat 2%

One of my favorite multiple flavor and additive mixes is:

2% FA 7 Leaves Ultimate
.5% FA Black Fire
1% AP

7 Leaves is a good vape by itself, but the Black Fire adds a mild smoky flavor. The AP adds a little nuttiness that combines to make it a really good vape.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Since I started out with a Kanger tank that delivered little or no flavor and I did try a few different tobaccos. I think I'm having good results with making my own, premade RY4 was the closest tobacco flavor I found, but not as good as the tobacco flavors I'm using now. I've compared the vape to the pipe and they are very close. I've got to admit that I'm still not satisfied, I need something that can go from very strong to something mild and mellow. I'd also like a little sweet after taste. I've got some bottles coming in that should help.

Reactions: Adam harris

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
One of my favorite multiple flavor and additive mixes is:

2% FA 7 Leaves Ultimate
.5% FA Black Fire
1% AP

7 Leaves is a good vape by itself, but the Black Fire adds a mild smoky flavor. The AP adds a little nuttiness that combines to make it a really good vape.

Is the ultimate the same as regular 7 leaves?

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
I'm gonna get shot for this, but here's something I'm working on:

5% INW dark for pipe
1% FA forest fruit OR 1% FA Fuji (I made 10ml with each)
.75% FA brandy
2 drops per 10 ml bitter wizard
2 drops per 10 ml AP

Shake and vape on each is just wow, the fruit's still a bit strong tho. I'll definitely let these steep a while and let the tobacco come thru. Pretty damn close to a fruit and booze pipe tobacco I enjoyed when I smoked a pipe.

-Kingboomer

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hello all, a little advice if you could,

I recieved my Hangsen Desert Ship from vaping zone. It was sold out everywhere else. I also ordered a bunch of hangsens from BVC but they're not here yet.

I mixed up a few 10ml test batches of HS DS.
It tastes terrribly perfumy.....did I get a bad batch? This is my first Hangsens

I first mixed up a batch @ 6% ......super perfume
then 4% - same
then 2.5%, better, tobaco coming thru, still a bit of perfume. Should it taste perfumy after just mixing it?

I can smell and taste a delicious tobaco in the background, but the perfume over takes it. I can tell it has a very nice tobacco taste in there! but the perfumey uggh..any suggestions

Hey smt.

HS desert ship does take a little time to come around to its corn harvest goodness.. a little more than others. You may be ok..

You definately want to give it at least a week, two weeks is better, 4 is best.. whos got time, but give it at least 5 days for it to start to come around on the shelf, or use fast steeping methods.. My favorite is just a warm place, sunny window, or dash board.

Ok off to mix some DS now.. been thinking about it.. I will fast steep it on the heat register a day and probably start vaping a taste on it in a couple days,

Last edited:

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I keep hearing about the Cavendish and Desert Ship, I'm really looking for sweetness in a tobacco, I'll have to get them both in the future. I have bottles that should be in tomorrow and that will get me making some more mixes. I just put in a new coil and wicking a RBA tank for the tobacco mode. I used a little less wicking because I don't think the liquid flow can keep up with what is used.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Is the ultimate the same as regular 7 leaves?

I'm not sure. It's called 7 Leaves Ultimate most everywhere I see it sold. In discussions lots of people use the term 7 Leaves.

I searched 7 leaves at Bull City Flavors and the only search return was 7 Leaves Ultimate.
7Leaves Ultimate-FA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread