Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
5% Dark for Pipe would destroy me :eek: I'm using 1.5% standalone and that's almost too much
Stand alone 3 here. Though I'm taking a little break from it. Got to where my taste for it had dimmed. Think I overvaped it for awhile.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I keep hearing about the Cavendish and Desert Ship, I'm really looking for sweetness in a tobacco, I'll have to get them both in the future. I have bottles that should be in tomorrow and that will get me making some more mixes. I just put in a new coil and wicking a rba tank for the tobacco mode. I used a little less wicking because I don't think the liquid flow can keep up with what is used.

Inawera Cavendish is really sweet

Reactions: JD1

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I'm not sure. It's called 7 Leaves Ultimate most everywhere I see it sold. In discussions lots of people use the term 7 Leaves.

I searched 7 leaves at Bull City Flavors and the only search return was 7 Leaves Ultimate.
7Leaves Ultimate-FA

Ok there more than likely the same. I bought a bottle a year ago or so and it just says 7 leaves on the bottle.

Reactions: JD1 and DaveP

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
One of my favorite multiple flavor and additive mixes is:

2% FA 7 Leaves Ultimate
.5% FA Black Fire
1% AP

7 Leaves is a good vape by itself, but the Black Fire adds a mild smoky flavor. The AP adds a little nuttiness that combines to make it a really good vape.

I'm going to try this but sub the perique for dnb

Reactions: JD1 and DaveP

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
The bottles arrived yesterday evening, I'm the slowest part of trying new tobaccos since I have to smoke about a tankful of liquid. I've been thinking of the Turkish blend of tobacco that was always mention in the cig ads.
I have a very nice range of flavor with the tanks from a very strong to relaxing mellow flavor

Reactions: JD1

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
The bottles arrived yesterday evening, I'm the slowest part of trying new tobaccos since I have to smoke about a tankful of liquid. I've been thinking of the Turkish blend of tobacco that was always mention in the cig ads.
I have a very nice range of flavor with the tanks from a very strong to relaxing mellow flavor
Ditch the tanks and get a nice Rda if you don't like being stuck with a flavor for so long.

I'll never go back to tanks, personally. ...

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Btw anyone here like the Cavendish? What percentage and did you add anything to it?
I love it. 3% as a standalone works for me. I haven't tried mixing it with anything yet, but vanilla and butterscotch seem like obvious candidates.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I made up a few new ones (to me) from SC; Old Captain and French Pipe.

Old Captain is fantastic. Mixed at 3% and to me, I pick up a slightly smokey tobacco with a very nice sweet note; maybe chocolate, not sure but a good sweet, not sickening sweet. Really enjoying this one as a stand alone. By far one of the best I've tried from SC, and I have liked many from them so far.

French Pipe is not working well for me. At least fresh to a week old. Mixed at 3% (my sweet spot with SC flavors), I get a little of the pipe feel from it but as far as tobacco, it seems a little on the light side. There is another note but I can't quite put my finger on it. But that note leaves a slight after taste and I'm not a fan of that. Will let sit for a month or so and see how it comes along. I have had a few times with SC flavors where they changed after a month or so. That was my experience with Wenston and M-style; did not like them at first, put them away and forgot about them, tried after a month or so and really enjoyed; good cigarette style vapes. Hopefully that will happen with this one as I really wanted to like it

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Yeah the French pipe has something different to it that gets cloying to me really quickly.

I think there's a caramel note to the old captain. Thinking that something like 3% old captain and 1% cohiba might be nice. Keep that pleasant sweet note but give it a bit more robustness.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I tried my 3% HS Highway - 1% Capella Caramel - 1% TFA English Toffee (instead of vanilla) wannabe RY4 style concoction last night after 10 days steeping. It's way too strong in caramel. The Highway is barely noticeable. I added more HS Highway to take it out to 6% (where I like Highway standalone, anyway). Highway takes about three weeks to build it's flavor from my experience. Now, I'll wait for a couple more weeks and let the Highway build over time.

I also test vaped my 5% FA Cowboy. Not bad, but it's a little sweet for my taste. I'll give that one more time to develop, too. Time doesn't seem to take care of unwanted floral, but we'll see.

My 5% TFA Western is also way too sweet for my tastes. I'll check it again in a week.

Both the FA Cowboy and the TFA Western have that familiar floral undertone that I remember from some vendor juices I never liked.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just mixed 10 ml of Hangsen No 5, it's one of the strongest tobacco flavors I've run across. The same 4 drops of flavor for 10 ml, it may also have a small amount of the smoky taste. I did notice when playing with the Virginia and Perique Black then switching to just Virginia that the Perique must stay in the wicking for a few days and it takes a while for the Virginia to show it's true flavor.
I'm having a hard time getting coils into the other RBA, been doing it so long maybe I'm getting careless.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Highway takes about three weeks to build it's flavor from my experience. Now, I'll wait for a couple more weeks and let the Highway build over time.

You shouldn't need to wait weeks. Being that your adding more flavor to an already steeped juice seed steeping will now take over. So try it again in 2 - 3 days. That should be all the steeping that's needed for the additional amount of flavor added.

Also remember depending on the caramel used it may mellow out over time or may get more intense over time. 10 days is not quite enough time to tell. This normally needs a good 3 weeks. I can't really tell you the characteristics of the Capella brand caramel because I've never used it but Capella vanilla custard I've used and that seems to get stronger over a 3 week period. So I think the right thing to do at this point is wait the full 3 weeks before making anymore changes. After that any changes should only require a 2 - 3 day seed steep.

Last edited:

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I tried my 3% HS Highway - 1% Capella Caramel - 1% TFA English Toffee (instead of vanilla) wannabe RY4 style concoction last night after 10 days steeping. It's way too strong in caramel. The Highway is barely noticeable. I added more HS Highway to take it out to 6% (where I like Highway standalone, anyway). Highway takes about three weeks to build it's flavor from my experience. Now, I'll wait for a couple more weeks and let the Highway build over time.

I also test vaped my 5% FA Cowboy. Not bad, but it's a little sweet for my taste. I'll give that one more time to develop, too. Time doesn't seem to take care of unwanted floral, but we'll see.

My 5% TFA Western is also way too sweet for my tastes. I'll check it again in a week.

Both the FA Cowboy and the TFA Western have that familiar floral undertone that I remember from some vendor juices I never liked.
Omg FA cowboy is sweet to you???

I get no sweetness at all from it..just raw cigarette tobacco.

Taste is really subjective..

Reactions: DaveP and JD1

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I'm still smoking the N0 5 Hangsen but I have more tobacco flavors to try. I've tried the English Toffee with tobacco and it seems to tone down the tobacco taste, I didn't get much if any sweetness added. I looked for Old Captain but it's not sold where I buy.
I've got a set of coils in the RBA, still problems using it on the Kanger but it works good on the Eleaf, I put some Virginia in it for now.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread