Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Do you add anything to the French pipe like em or some vanilla or cream..

Also what percent do you use for SC French pipe?
I'm a huge fan of SC French Pipe! I like it straight at 3% but sometimes mix in a hint of vanilla or sometimes a dab of another tobacco such as Hangsen Highway or TFA DK tobacco. For me, it doesn't really need anything so my additions are just for variation. Here's one I really like but make sure you have a sweet tooth before trying. :vapor:

SC French Pipe 3%
TFA DK tobacco 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl, Vanilla Bean Gelato, Vanillin 3 drops each per 8 ml
TFA Sweetener 2 Drops per 8ml

Good shake and vape but much, much better with 8 to 10 days steep time.

:vapor:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I'm a huge fan of SC French Pipe! I like it straight at 3% but sometimes mix in a hint of vanilla or sometimes a dab of another tobacco such as Hangsen Highway or TFA DK Tobacco. For me, it doesn't really need anything so my additions are just for variation. Here's one I really like but make sure you have a sweet tooth before trying. :vapor:

SC French Pipe 3%
TFA DK Tobacco 1%

Sounds like a plan JD. G'luck. :)

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just tried the Vaporesso Tank with stainless steel coils in it used with the Eleaf Pico, I used the Virginia tobacco and got a taste like I smoked way to many ciggeretts. Some where along the line the resistance switched from the recommended .30 ohms to .24 ohms. Originally I was able to do some vaping with it in the temp mode but when I tried this morning it would switch to the watts mode.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Since I'm working with coils I liked the link provided Tensioned Rebuild Central so Thank You. While working with coils I began thinking of a device that would provide a constant tension, a simple spring linked to a braking pad connected to the wire spool

Vape memory mebe one of the most fleeting and ephemeral things in vaping. Seems like the last vape we had all too often is the best vape ever…and the best one we'll ever. As nuanced in result as some of the better flavor makers get (I'm guilty on some rare occasions) it's important to have a baseline that can be easily and readily duplicated. That was the goal in using strain; to achieve a consistent conformity to a spec. Can't beat it if you can't repeat it. Ultimately a plain jane is not necessarily what most favors a final juice and device. But a tensioned micro coil is the first ingredient in every one of my recipes.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the Eleaf and tank going again, I removed a more complex twisted wires and put in a simpler 26 gauge ss wire actually a dual coil setup. I have .44 ohms and am running it at 200 F. I think the room temp resistance is used as a reference for the temp so the 200 F reading is wrong, it seems to be about the same as 20 to 25 watts. I'm using the Virginia tobacco again and the taste seems better today. I'll probably try another set of coils and try to get the temp closer to what it should be.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
The Stainless coils still have problems, I found an Eleaf SS atomizer marked at .30 ohms and that will not work as it should. I don't think I stand much of a chance if their own products don't work. Sorry to distract everyone from the tobacco flavors that I find so useful. I'm still smoking that Cavindish

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I'm a huge fan of SC French Pipe! I like it straight at 3% but sometimes mix in a hint of vanilla or sometimes a dab of another tobacco such as Hangsen Highway or TFA DK Tobacco. For me, it doesn't really need anything so my additions are just for variation. Here's one I really like but make sure you have a sweet tooth before trying. :vapor:

SC French Pipe 3%
TFA DK Tobacco 1%

I like it standalone to but for some reason I get vapor tongue extremely quick with it...usually vape about half a tank is when it happens. Do you have the same problem?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I like it standalone to but for some reason I get vapor tongue extremely quick with it...usually vape about half a tank is when it happens. Do you have the same problem?

Funny I haven't found that with the french pipe but have found that with the arabic. I found cutting down the arabic from 7 to 5% helped but it still happens. Arabic to me seemed to have more of a bite then other hangsen flavors then vapers tong shortly followed.

Reactions: JD1

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK

I also get that with French pipe, it's one of my favourite flavours yet I vape very little.
I'm a big fan of SC flavours and mix them standalone, then I add a little RY4 or Hongtashan. I'm yet to try French pipe in a mix because I really enjoy the first few vapes but then tend to leave it alone for a while.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I seem to have the same issue with a lot of vapes. I tire of the same vape quickly so I generally have 3 - 4 different RBA's going at once and switch frequently throughout the day. Seems to be a pretty good remedy for vapers tong. I mainly vape tobacco and rotate between fruit, tea or desert vapes then will go back to tobacco.

Last edited:

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I seem to have the same issue with a lot of vapes. I tire of the same vape quickly so I generally have 3 - 4 different RBA's going at once and switch frequently throughout the day. Seems to be a pretty good remedy for vapers tong.
I have 3 ADV as well and I have just added unflavored - with saline 60/40 mix up 30ml and add 5 drops of saline - to the lineup. I never cared for unflavored before. I got tired off the taste rather quickly. I do like it better now that I've added the saline.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
I seem to have the same issue with a lot of vapes. I tire of the same vape quickly so I generally have 3 - 4 different RBA's going at once and switch frequently throughout the day. Seems to be a pretty good remedy for vapers tong. I mainly vape tobacco and rotate between fruit, tea or desert vapes then will go back to tobacco.

It's the same for me. I've got 4 identical set ups all with different tobacco flavours. I've been using SC Turkish as my sweet vape but usually have a desert type flavour on hand for the times that I really need a change.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Yes, but I seldom vape it standalone, with vanillas and other tobaccos being the most usual added flavors.

I have 3 ADV as well and I have just added unflavored - with saline 60/40 mix up 30ml and add 5 drops of saline - to the lineup. I never cared for unflavored before. I got tired off the taste rather quickly. I do like it better now that I've added the saline.
I have several 10ml glass bottles that I both mix in and pour into from 30ml and larger bottles that are well steeped, so that I usually have 3 or 4 different mixes to choose from through out the day. :vapor:

Another tip on the unflavored is 2 or 3 tiny bottle drops of Koolada per 8ml. Of course it's not really unflavored anymore I guess. :)

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I don't think I've had vapor tongue, I do remember talking about the throat feeling that seems to be less since switching to DIY. It's possible I don't have to clear my throat as often. I've been switching between 3 just plain tobacco flavors and there is so many bottles not even opened yet. I'm trying to empty a tank so I can modify it.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I don't think I've had vapor tongue, I do remember talking about the throat feeling that seems to be less since switching to DIY. It's possible I don't have to clear my throat as often. I've been switching between 3 just plain tobacco flavors and there is so many bottles not even opened yet. I'm trying to empty a tank so I can modify it.
All the more reason to ditch tanks and go RDA ;)

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread